The Tactical Bottle Opener: Spyderco ClipiTool Standard

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Mad Mac
Location: Northern Far West Deep East Texas in the Dirty South

Re: The Tactical Bottle Opener: Spyderco ClipiTool Standard

Post by Mad Mac »

A lager with coffee in it. A breakfast beer ?
Or a beer for the person who wants to be a wide awake drunk ?
It was tasty.

Spyderco ClipiTool Standard and Weathered Souls Brewing Co. Rise and Grind
1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, 2 Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Police SE, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Terzuola Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, Terzuola The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Hennicke Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Terzuola Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, 2 Large Lum Pink, Carey Rubicon. 2017: Dialex Battlestation, Orange Southard Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: Schempp EuroEdge, Eric Glesser ClipiTool Standard. 2019 Calendar Contest Reinhold Rhino CF PLN. 2022: Byrd Robin 2 Wharncliffe, Byrd Cara Cara 2 Rescue Orange, Janich Yojimbo 2 CruWear.
Motorcycle adventures in a past life.
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

Not to be confused with the small intimate men's conference where theologians get together to discuss the deepest distresses of their hearts, this Weathered Souls is the beer brewery in San antonio.

The offering for today, a pint of Belgian Quadrupel with a whopping 10% ABV.
Or is it a nod to the magical gateway to the unexplored corners of the Marvel universe ?

Spyderco ClipiTool Standard and Weathered Souls Brewery Co. Nexus of All Realities
1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, 2 Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Police SE, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Terzuola Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, Terzuola The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Hennicke Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Terzuola Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, 2 Large Lum Pink, Carey Rubicon. 2017: Dialex Battlestation, Orange Southard Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: Schempp EuroEdge, Eric Glesser ClipiTool Standard. 2019 Calendar Contest Reinhold Rhino CF PLN. 2022: Byrd Robin 2 Wharncliffe, Byrd Cara Cara 2 Rescue Orange, Janich Yojimbo 2 CruWear.
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

Black is Beautiful is "...a collaborative effort to raise awareness
for the injustices people of color face daily
and raise funds for police brutality reform
and legal defenses for those who have been wronged."
Over 1207 Breweries in 50 States
and over 22 countries across the world have participated.
https://weatheredsouls.beer/2021/06/03/ ... ul-year-2/

Spyderco ClipiTool Standard and Weathered Souls Brewing Co Black Is Beautiful Stout - Imperial 8.2% ABV
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

Enough virtue signaling. I'm just here for the beer.
Now, a transitional beer.

My cousin took us for a spin on his tri-toon.
The selection was... limited.
I had to drink a chick beer.

The lime overpowered the watermelon.

Spyderco ClipiTool Standard and Shiner Agua Fresca
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

"I have become comfortably numb."
Pink Floyd, The Wall
At my age, it only takes two light beers.

Now begins our tour of the offerings from Mountain Fork Brewery in Hochatown, Oklahoma.

Spyderco ClipiTool Standard and Mountain Fork Brewery Gentleman Jackalope
z1r

Post by z1r »

Found one of these today at the SFO, took it home with me. I'm torn as to whether to remove the can opener blade and leave the bottle opener, or leave it as-is and relegate it to more of a camping knife.

Either way, it was too cool to leave behind.
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

That's the spirit.

Let's pick up the tour with this wheat ale and a nod to Hochatown, the home of the brewery.

Spyderco ClipiTool Standard and Mountain Fork Brewery Hochawizen
StuntZombie

Post by StuntZombie »

Is it just me, or are none of the pictures showing up?
Chris

Haves: Lava, Delica 4 Sante Fe Stoneworks, Spy-DK x2,

Just say NO to lined FRN
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

The raw pictures may be viewed in my
Spyderco ClipiTool Standard Google photo album.

Google Photos ruined Picasa after they bought it.
They make it as difficult as possible to share pictures.
I use a workaround that allows most people to see the pictures,
depending on their operating system
or if they have a Google account of some sort.
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

Broken Bow Lake is nearby, which means you have to look good in a swimsuit.

Spyderco ClipiTool Standard and Mountain Fork Brewery Light Ale
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

Today's beer honors the Three Rivers 200,000 acre Wildlife Management Area north of Broken Bow Lake.
Though privately owned by the Weyerhaeuser Company, the land encompassed within it
is available to the public, resident or nonresident, by purchasing a Land Access Fee permit
from any Oklahoma hunting and fishing license vendor.
https://www.wildlifedepartment.com/hunt ... ree-rivers

Spyderco ClipiTool Standard and Mountain Fork Brewery Three Rivers Blonde Ale
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

In February, I posted some other Mountain Fork brews: The Rooster, Sneaky Snake and 259 Ale.
One that I failed to post, which may have had something to do with the high ABV, was MFB 9.0.
That would be Mountain Fork Brewery. Get your mind out of the gutter.

Spyderco ClipiTool Standard and Mountain Fork Brewery MFB 9.0
z1r

Post by z1r »

I picked up one of these at my last visit to the SFO. I currently have a Ruike S21 that I carry for those times I may be required to pop a top. Small, compact, and it works.

But the ClipiTool has such a nice blade on it. I was tempted to remove the can opener blade and replace it with an washer of equal size just because the can opener does interfere with my grip when I am using the knife blade. However, it makes such a great camping knife, that I have put that thought on the back burner....at least til I get another!

I'd love to see one of these made with just the blade and the bottle opener. The ergos would be sweet!
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

Last but not least, with a stunning second place
among 169 creative craft beer label competitors
in the Thirsty Bastards Art Brew 2020, is today's offering.
See the Top Ten Beer Labels of the Year here:
https://thirstybastards.com/top-ten-bee ... s-of-2020/

Double barreled aged for 18 months using two different whiskey barrels,
this stout is a whopping 11% ABV and $20 a can.
They get the barrels from the whiskey distillery next door that they own, too.

Spyderco ClipiTool Standard and Mountain Fork Brewery Pappy's Buck Snort
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

That looks so good!!
Barry

Bonne Journey!

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword

Do what you can, where you are, with what you have! Theodore Roosevelt

MNOSD member 0032
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

Ranch Water was printed on the six-pack. That stopped me cold.
Fish, turtles and cattle like the water on my place but I definitely would not drink it.
They must be talking about a dude ranch.

Now, I've lived in Texas for about 70 years
yet somehow I never heard of this "legendary Far West Texas" beverage.
But then, I live in East Texas and don't get out much. So I had to do more research.

To paraphrase the immortal words of Ed McMahon,
"Everything you want to know about Ranch Water is on this one blog page":
Ranch Water – what you should know and why you should know it

Only one thing was clear. Friends, it ain't beer.
The sacrifices I make for you, my faithful readers.

Cheers, y'all.

Spyderco ClipiTool Standard and Karbach Brewing Company Ranch Water Hard Seltzer Original Lime
Last edited by Mad Mac on Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

In defense of Karbach, the Original Lime pictured above is Keto friendly,
if one is watching their carbs, with only 2 carbs per 12 ounce can,
less than Michelob Ultra. But wait, not so fast keto breath.

Karbach Ranch Water Original shown below has but a single carb.
Drink healthy.

Spyderco ClipiTool Standard and Karbach Brewing Company Ranch Water Hard Seltzer Original
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

Even the little brewery in Shiner, Texas has caved to the crave for, albeit fruity, hard seltzer.
Is nothing sacred? The fruit flavors raise them to three carbs. Collect all four in this 12-pack.

The sacrifices I have to make for you my faithful readers.

Spyderco ClipiTool Standard and Shiner Straight Shooter Grapefruit Hard Seltzer

Spyderco ClipiTool Standard and Shiner Straight Shooter Lemonade Hard Seltzer

Spyderco ClipiTool Standard and Shiner Straight Shooter Rasberry Hard Seltzer

Spyderco ClipiTool Standard and Shiner Straight Shooter Peach Hard Seltzer
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

Right now that looks superb!!
Barry

Bonne Journey!

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword

Do what you can, where you are, with what you have! Theodore Roosevelt

MNOSD member 0032
z1r

Post by z1r »