The Tactical Bottle Opener: Spyderco ClipiTool Standard

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Mad Mac
Location: Northern Far West Deep East Texas in the Dirty South

Re: The Tactical Bottle Opener: Spyderco ClipiTool Standard

Postby Mad Mac » Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:12 am

Three years ago, Lazy Magnolia Southern Pecan beer was featured.
The Spoetzl brewery has upped the ante with this seasonal brew.
Tasty on a winter day. Cheers to all y'all!

Spyderco ClipiTool Standard and Shiner Candied Pecan
1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, two Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Sharpmaker, Police SE, Small SpyderPac, Ultra-Fine Stones, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, two Large Lum Pink G10, Rubicon. 2017: Battlestation, Orange Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: EuroEdge, ClipiTool Standard, 2019 Calendar Contest Rhino CF PLN.
Motorcycle adventures in a past life.

tonijedi

Postby tonijedi » Sat Feb 20, 2021 6:16 pm

This thread is amazing. Keep it up!

bearrowland

Postby bearrowland » Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:28 pm

I agree 👍
Barry
:spyder: :spyder: :spyder:

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword

Do what you can, where you are, with what you have! Theodore Roosevelt

Mad Mac

Postby Mad Mac » Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:20 am

Thank you, gentle readers. You are too kind.

My wife's cousin's son's wife's father opened a brewery in Hochatown, Oklahoma.
Because I am such a close relative, a few samples have been provided to me.
Here is the first offering, named for the highway
that runs through the heart of craft beer country in Oklahoma. Who knew?

Spyderco ClipiTool Standard and Mountain Fork Brewery 259 Ale
1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, two Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Sharpmaker, Police SE, Small SpyderPac, Ultra-Fine Stones, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, two Large Lum Pink G10, Rubicon. 2017: Battlestation, Orange Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: EuroEdge, ClipiTool Standard, 2019 Calendar Contest Rhino CF PLN.

bearrowland

Postby bearrowland » Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:59 am

🍻👍
Barry

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword

Mad Mac

Postby Mad Mac » Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:20 pm

This tasty 9.0 ABV ale is aptly named. One is not enough and two are too many.

Spyderco ClipiTool Standard and Mountain Fork Brewery Sneaky Snake Belgian Style Golden Ale
Last edited by Mad Mac on Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bearrowland

Postby bearrowland » Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:17 pm

👍👍🍻
Barry

Mad Mac

Postby Mad Mac » Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:37 pm

Their self proclaimed "gateway beer". Oh dear.

Spyderco ClipiTool Standard and Mountain Fork Brewery The Rooster Mexican Style Ale

Mad Mac

Postby Mad Mac » Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:43 pm

Sunday, February 28th, was the last day of meteorological winter.
The long range weather forecast for March is a little warmer than normal for most of the country.
Meteorological spring is here. But wait, there's more.

It was no coincidence, in my opinion, that Texas Governor Greg Abbott chose Tuesday, March 2nd
to lift the mandates for masks and open businesses 100 percent in the Lone Star State.

You see, March 2, 1836 is the day Texas declared its independence from Mexico.
Naturally, today's selection is a Texas brewery.

Spyderco ClipiTool Standard and St. Arnold Spring Bock
Last edited by Mad Mac on Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bearrowland

Postby bearrowland » Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:29 pm

👍👍🍻
Barry

Mad Mac

Postby Mad Mac » Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:52 pm

Last night, I saw a two hour special. It was a modern fairytale
about a girl who kissed a prince and turned him into a frog.

Sometimes, it just doesn't pay to have a wild little thing.

Spyderco ClipiTool Standard and Sierra Nevada Wild Little Thing
Last edited by Mad Mac on Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mad Mac

Postby Mad Mac » Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:43 pm

A couple of years ago, the Ranger appeared in this thread
except it was on a sure 'nuff bottle with a different outfit for an IPA.

Being an old steel horse rider myself, I like him in his Stars and Stripes dew rag
with a six sting on his back channeling Bon Jovi's Wanted Dead or Alive.

Spyderco ClipiTool Standard and New Belgium VooDoo Ranger American Haze

And Don Quixote says, "I may look like a donkey, but I identify as an elephant". Cheers and good night!

Last edited by Mad Mac on Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SpyderGrill

Postby SpyderGrill » Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:05 pm

I Cant see the last 4 pictures

Mad Mac

Postby Mad Mac » Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:48 am

Hmm. Well, I checked and those four are entered the same way as the earlier ones.
The raw Spyderco ClipiTool Standard photo album with all the pictures may be viewed here.
Otherwise, the only thing I can suggest is to refresh the screen.
Sometimes I notice that images posted by others do not load right away
and then mysteriously appear later.

Higher

Postby Higher » Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:46 am

SpyderGrill wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:05 pm
I Cant see the last 4 pictures
I have the same problem.
Just don't tell anyone: it seems to me that this guy is the only one who bought this knife.

But! The photos are really cool! This guy needs Instagram!
Sorry, I use translator most of the time.
The most important thing in intercultural communication is to be ready to see and try to understand someone who is different from you.
need_more_spyderco_againSpyderco catalogs are here

Mad Mac

Postby Mad Mac » Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:06 am

Thanks. It would have been great if I could have monetized this somehow.

Higher

Postby Higher » Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:16 am

Mad Mac wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:06 am
Thanks. It would have been great if I could have monetized this somehow.
Photos are cool! The content and composition are really cool.
There will be subscribers - those who are ready to pay for their advertising will come.
But the pictures are really cool! How have I not seen before?
Sorry, I use translator most of the time.
The most important thing in intercultural communication is to be ready to see and try to understand someone who is different from you.
need_more_spyderco_againSpyderco catalogs are here

Mad Mac

Postby Mad Mac » Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:09 am

Thanks for the encouragement.

On a different note, the other night I was unloading my pockets. This time of year I carry two knives. The Standard if I need to open a beer or pull a hinge pin clip and an SE Tenacious for cutting the net wrapping on round bales of hay. I laid them side by side and back to back and could not help but notice how close they were in thickness. So I measured with a caliper and there is only one millimeter difference. A small price to pay for all the added utility.

Thank you faithful readers and stay well my friends.

Mad Mac

Postby Mad Mac » Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:29 pm

Another chick beer. The sacrifices I make for this thread.

Spyderco ClipiTool Standard and Karbach Strawberry Fields Blonde Ale

Mad Mac

Postby Mad Mac » Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:03 pm

SpyderGrill wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:05 pm
I Can't see the last 4 pictures
Try looking at those pictures now, please.

Return to “Spyderco General Discussion”