The Tactical Bottle Opener: Spyderco ClipiTool Standard

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
bearrowland

Re: The Tactical Bottle Opener: Spyderco ClipiTool Standard

Post by bearrowland »

Outstanding!
Barry

Bonne Journey!

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword

Do what you can, where you are, with what you have! Theodore Roosevelt

MNOSD member 0032
Mad Mac
Location: Northern Far West Deep East Texas in the Dirty South

Post by Mad Mac »

Have you ever plucked a six-pack of cans from the cooler and noticed grunge on the lids, where you put your lips, black mold, rodent droppings, unidentified life forms. Then used your shirt tail to swipe it away before you have a cold one. You know what I'm talking about.

Stesti uses Paktech "handles" or can carriers. These are not only 100% Green New Deal recyclable, they also cover the lid and protect it from foreign elements. However, removing the eco friendly, prophylactic covers is not... user friendly.

My beloved ClipiTool Standard was about as useful as a eunuch at an orgy in removing the stubborn covers. But, I found a video where Paktech pokes fun at itself for the difficulty consumers experience. Their solution is "out and away". https://youtu.be/6QYRX3r4Yhc

My own solution is better. But I could be wrong. I often am. Turn the six-pack upside down on the counter. Hold down the cans firmly as you pry one can over at a time using the counter top for leverage. For the last can, hold the can carrier down tight against the counter. A girl wouldn't want to break a nail. Enjoy.
Last edited by Mad Mac on Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, 2 Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Police SE, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Terzuola Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, Terzuola The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Hennicke Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Terzuola Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, 2 Large Lum Pink, Carey Rubicon. 2017: Dialex Battlestation, Orange Southard Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: Schempp EuroEdge, Eric Glesser ClipiTool Standard. 2019 Calendar Contest Reinhold Rhino CF PLN. 2022: Byrd Robin 2 Wharncliffe, Byrd Cara Cara 2 Rescue Orange, Janich Yojimbo 2 CruWear.
Motorcycle adventures in a past life.
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

😂😂 I see what you mean!!
Barry

Bonne Journey!

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword

MNOSD member 0032
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

Mad Mac wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:40 pm
My own solution is
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

😂. Thanks Bloke!
Barry

Bonne Journey!

MNOSD member 0032
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

If you watched the Deep Ellum PakTech video "Out and Away", you may have noticed that he does not remove the last cans. That is because their method requires a can to hold onto to oppose the can being removed. My upside down method, developed after relentless field research requiring an exhausting number of six packs, makes the removal of all the cans, including the last one, effortless.
Easy Way to Remove Paktech Can Carrier YouTube Video
1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, 2 Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Police SE, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Terzuola Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, Terzuola The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Hennicke Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Terzuola Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, 2 Large Lum Pink, Carey Rubicon. 2017: Dialex Battlestation, Orange Southard Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: Schempp EuroEdge, Eric Glesser ClipiTool Standard. 2019 Calendar Contest Reinhold Rhino CF PLN. 2022: Byrd Robin 2 Wharncliffe, Byrd Cara Cara 2 Rescue Orange, Janich Yojimbo 2 CruWear.
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

This beer had a head on it but I was slow getting outside and setting up this picture.
I liked the way the setting sun filtered through the beer.

Spyderco ClipiTool Standard and Stesti Czexan Wheat

Speaking of filtered, this is the only beer I've seen that has a... warning label that reads:

Don't wait to drink.
For maximum flavor, Stesti beer is not
filtered. Keep cold and best shared.
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

Sunshine and beer! 😊🍻
Barry

Bonne Journey!

MNOSD member 0032
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

Where was I... Oh, the Stesti tour. As you may have gleaned, I'm a fan of hoppy IPAs.
Stesti does not disappoint with this Czech inspired hoppy ale.

Spyderco ClipiTool Standard ands Stesti Kasbeck Czale
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

Mad Mac wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:19 pm
I'm a fan of
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

I've never had it, but it looks good from here!
Barry

Bonne Journey!

MNOSD member 0032
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

" ...brewed with six different malts roasted and kiln in Europe, using the traditional decoction method,
a balance of bittering and aromatic Czech hops and extended cold fermentation."

Spyderco ClipiTool Standard and Stesti Dark Lager
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

Yummy 😋😋😋
Barry

Bonne Journey!

MNOSD member 0032
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

Saved the best for last. Normally not a fan of lagers,
the blueberries perk up this one. It's their bestseller.

Spyderco ClipiTool Standard and Stesti Blueberry Lager
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

Sweet, juicy Ruby Red grapefruit from "the valley" on the border with Mexico
is a wintertime treat. Ruby Redbird has been featured on this thread before but recently
Shiner changed the label to promote it as a low-calorie alternative. Still a tasty Texas brew.
The blade had a chance to go to work for this picture.

Spyderco ClipiTool Standard and Shiner Ruby Redbird
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

The "I" in this Salt Lake City IPA stands for Iroquois, a big American India Pale Ale.

Spyderco ClipiTool Standard and Adirondack Brewery Iroquois Pale Ale

I love Daylight Saving Time. You get to drink beer an hour earlier than standard time for eight months.
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

Cheers! 🍻
Barry

Bonne Journey!

MNOSD member 0032
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

Last month, my son and grandson took me to a big paintball tournament in Seven Points about an hour and a half north of me. The two or three hundred young men and a few females are a friendly, fun loving bunch of people. Then they go out on the 55 acre battlefield and try to shoot each other Saturday, Saturday night and Sunday. Some were not so young and had been at this more than 30 years! But I digress.

Nearby was the Cedar Creek Brewery with a bright, cheery taproom, good food and good beer.
Some people dined in the adjoining patio where they could bring their dogs.

A dozen beers were on tap. A blue-eyed, blond beer tender guided me to their most popular brew, an IPA.
She could smile a big tip out of an old man. (I'm so easy.)

Spyderco ClipiTool Standard and Cedar Creek Brewery Dankosaurus

The company cat patrolled for mice while I enjoyed another IPA, a tasty Starman.
Too bad I didn't have my Starmate with me for the pic.

Spyderco ClipiTool Standard and Cedar Creek Brewery Starman IPA
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

A bomb of rare Mosaic hops to celebrate the Minneapolis brewery's 300th batch.

Spyderco ClipiTool Standard and Fulton Beer 300

Stay well, my friends.
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

🍻🍻👍👍
Barry

Bonne Journey!

MNOSD member 0032