Blade hq dlc Manix 2 ordered!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Sjucaveman

Re: Blade hq dlc Manix 2 ordered!

Post by Sjucaveman »

koenigsegg wrote:I don't think the Military is as appealing because it's very large and has no special lock like a ball bearing or compression. Just my thoughts
Too long with too small a tip. Also a boring lock mechanism on the military.
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
Adam
buccilli15

Post by buccilli15 »

Anybody want to sell their extra for a reasonable price? Pm me..had one in my cart, but lost if during checkout
anycal

Post by anycal »

koenigsegg wrote:I don't think the Military is as appealing because it's very large and has no special lock like a ball bearing or compression. Just my thoughts
Sjucaveman wrote:Too long with too small a tip. Also a boring lock mechanism on the military.

Not to derail this Manix thread, but those who actually own and use the Military on regular basis (me included) appreciate the design. Ideal size and weight for times when a larger light blade is desirable; easily accessible lock under various conditions; using it for over a year mainly outdoors, the tip hasn't failed me yet. Judging how the M4 Military (and some older sprints/exclusives) sold out, it sure has its appeal among the fans. I think DLC M4 would be a hit.

The Military is not for everyone, but the variety of knives coming out of Golden CO (PM2, Military, Manix 2, Native 5, and Para 3) should makes it easy for anyone to find what appeals to them.
Peter
koenigsegg

Post by koenigsegg »

I wasn't trying to say the Military doesn't have it's place it's just not as EDC friendly for everyone as the other options. It doesn't have the broad appeal like the PM2 and Manix
S30V, VG10, M4, XHP, BD1, Cruwear, Elmax, Maxamet, 204P, H1, K390, A11, Rex45, LC200N, M390, 20CV, BD1N, S45VN waiting to afford MagnaCut
Molle Ninja

Post by Molle Ninja »

Sjucaveman wrote:
Too long with too small a tip. Also a boring lock mechanism on the military.
Agree with the lock thing; I bought this Manix, my first, because I haven’t had this lock before. And it looks cool to me. I have no need for another liner lock ... except for the Blade HQ Lum Tanto. :)
andrewu750

Post by andrewu750 »

I cannot deny, what drew me to this Manix was purely the looks of it as I had never had one and thought the jade and dlc was super sexy
Terp61

Post by Terp61 »

My Manix finally arrived today, my first Manix. It’s an impressive piece of steel and g10, fit and finish is solid as usual from Spyderco. I’m glad I was able to order one, apparently they’re a bit scarce.
adancingmonkey

Post by adancingmonkey »

Well I am pleased to say mine cleared Canadian customs. They even charged me duty. Your mileage may vary however. Super stoked to get one of these pieces. The
Current favorite: Manix 2 with carbon fiber scales and cru-ware.
andrewu750

Post by andrewu750 »

U will enjoy it. Def a great blade