New Brouwer offering?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
gull wing

New Brouwer offering?

Post by gull wing »

The newly announced Brouwer folder looks good. Any idea of the steel they will use? I hope it will be CTS XHP.
SCARAMOUCHE! :bug-red-white
p_atrick

Re: New Brouwer offering?

Post by p_atrick »

I would be surprised if it were something other than S30V. Here's to being surprised!
Strider

Post by Strider »

I agree on the s30v guess. But it just looks simple and functional. I like it.
Joris Mo

Post by Joris Mo »

Would also guess S30V, would also hope CTS XHP.
Would love to see! ;)
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

Agree on functionality, appears to be a true spear point with similarity to what slip joint makers call a spear point
hoimin

Post by hoimin »

Probably my favourite new knife from this show, pattern-wise.
Candyman

Post by Candyman »

I was certain the Autonomy 2 would be the winner for me. That is not the case. I was drawn to this one immediately! It's like a WolfSpyder, Domino and a Myrtle had a baby.
Think for yourself
SG89

Post by SG89 »

This is my favorite of the recently announced
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
BrianMcCord

Post by BrianMcCord »

Spydergirl88 wrote:This is my favorite of the recently announced
We're on the same page....I love this thing! The shape of the blade is beautiful in its simplicity. The handle scale looks green, or is that just me?
-Brian

Son's Collection: H1 Rescue Manbug, Tenacious

Rescue 79mm Orange, Cat BD-1, Effecient, Pingo Orange FRN, T-Mag, Urban K390, Lil' Native, Sliverax, Para 3 S110V, Caly 3 HAP 40, R Nishijin, Mantra, Manix 2 LW S110V, Manix 2 Black, Delica 4 Black, PM2 Digi, PM2 Black, Yojimbo 2, Native 5 LW, Dragonfly 2, Military 204P, Wolfspyder, Techno, HAP 40 Ladybug, H1 Hawkbill Ladybug, Blue Persistence, Bradley 2, UKPK SE Gin-1

Looking for an Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation Enduring Freedom Native. :spyder:
SG89

Post by SG89 »

BrianMcCord wrote:
We're on the same page....I love this thing! The shape of the blade is beautiful in its simplicity. The handle scale looks green, or is that just me?
it looks grey or green to me in certain videos but I think it is just the lighting. at the Amsterdam meet mr blonde will give us much better pictures of it
Spydergirl88
BrianMcCord

Post by BrianMcCord »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
BrianMcCord wrote:
it looks grey or green to me in certain videos but I think it is just the lighting. at the Amsterdam meet mr blonde will give us much better pictures of it
I'm really excited about this one
-Brian

Rescue 79mm Orange, Cat BD-1, Effecient, Pingo Orange FRN, T-Mag, Urban K390, Lil' Native, Sliverax, Para 3 S110V, Caly 3 HAP 40, R Nishijin, Mantra, Manix 2 LW S110V, Manix 2 Black, Delica 4 Black, PM2 Digi, PM2 Black, Yojimbo 2, Native 5 LW, Dragonfly 2, Military 204P, Wolfspyder, Techno, HAP 40 Ladybug, H1 Hawkbill Ladybug, Blue Persistence, Bradley 2, UKPK SE Gin-1

Looking for an Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation Enduring Freedom Native. :spyder:
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
BrianMcCord wrote:
The Late Boy Scout has a video up from shot and Eric says it is green.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
SG89

Post by SG89 »

rewatched the video and he does say green. awesome
Spydergirl88
gull wing

Post by gull wing »

That is not :( the news I wanted to hear. So tired of S30V. :rolleyes:
I know, I know S30V, is a fine steel, but this is a small EDC, apple slicing, beauty it begs for a XHP type steel, or even 1095, or 154CM.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

I guess s30v costs them less than ctsxhp?
Spydergirl88
thewoodpecker

Post by thewoodpecker »

gull wing wrote:The newly announced Brouwer folder looks good. Any idea of the steel they will use? I hope it will be CTS XHP.
XHP would be nice but I'd rather see them switch to wire clip. Nothing against the hourglass but it just doesn't make sense on some of these smaller platforms IMO.
Spyderco Caly 3.5 Super Blue user, Astute enthusiast, and geometry advocate.
soundshaman

Post by soundshaman »

I'll have to get this one in any steel. But if they were to do it in M4 I won't complain :D

I believe Jerry used M4 quite often on his designs
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Spydergirl88 wrote:I guess s30v costs them less than ctsxhp?
I believe it may have more to do with with availability of materials vs. cost. Carpenter-made steels are more challenging to obtain compared to Crucible-made steels. (For this reason, I've been unsuccessful in trying to buy some XHP for my own projects :rolleyes: ).

On a side note, I'm pretty impressed with this design: Good ergonomics, RIL, EDC-friendly blade profile, non-flipper, and green G-10. I'm looking forward to seeing it in person.
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
gull wing

Post by gull wing »

1095 costs less than S30V.
BrianMcCord

Post by BrianMcCord »

SpyderNut wrote:
Spydergirl88 wrote:I guess s30v costs them less than ctsxhp?
I believe it may have more to do with with availability of materials vs. cost. Carpenter-made steels are more challenging to obtain compared to Crucible-made steels. (For this reason, I've been unsuccessful in trying to buy some XHP for my own projects :rolleyes: ).

On a side note, I'm pretty impressed with this design: Good ergonomics, RIL, EDC-friendly blade profile, non-flipper, and green G-10. I'm looking forward to seeing it in person.
I'm looking forward to seeing it in my personal collection, after the Rhino, of course :D
-Brian