Shot Show surprises

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
User avatar
Mushroom
Member
Posts: 2831
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:45 pm
Location: Boston, Ma. U.S.A. Earth

Re: Shot Show surprises

Postby Mushroom » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:49 pm

- Nick

:spyder:

User avatar
T_MAC686
Member
Posts: 353
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:31 pm

Re: Shot Show surprises

Postby T_MAC686 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:53 pm

Thanks Mushroom! Haha I gotta learn how to post the actual vid with the link

User avatar
bearfacedkiller
Member
Posts: 9918
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:22 pm
Location: hiding in the woods...

Re: Shot Show surprises

Postby bearfacedkiller » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:54 pm

The Anderson Sanders knife is calling to me! A big Bowie camp knife in 4V! Now we're talkin'!
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?

User avatar
Sharp Guy
Member
Posts: 5973
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:19 pm
Location: Over here!

Re: Shot Show surprises

Postby Sharp Guy » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:57 pm

Liquid Cobra wrote:I’m worried they will flip like my Sliverax.
I have a feeling it'll be about the same. That's not necessarily a bad thing for me since my Sliverax flips pretty good despite the relatively weak detent. It doesn't flip quite like my Southard or ZT 0450 but it's not too far behind. I think the grease I used on the bearings made a big difference.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!

User avatar
Sharp Guy
Member
Posts: 5973
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:19 pm
Location: Over here!

Re: Shot Show surprises

Postby Sharp Guy » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:00 am

That Rassenti Python that Eric had in his pocket looks sweet. I'm sure it's out of my comfort zone pricewise but it's nice nonetheless.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!

murphjd25
Member
Posts: 2386
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:43 am
Location: Bothell,WA

Re: Shot Show surprises

Postby murphjd25 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:02 am

Sharp Guy wrote:That Rassenti Python that Eric had in his pocket looks sweet. I'm sure it's out of my comfort zone pricewise but it's nice nonetheless.
That thing is sweet! Only one I need this year! :) I’m kind of glad I didn’t pick up a Nirvana now.
Josh

User avatar
Ankerson
Member
Posts: 5892
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:23 pm
Location: Raleigh, NC

Re: Shot Show surprises

Postby Ankerson » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:07 am

bearfacedkiller wrote:The Anderson Sanders knife is calling to me! A big Bowie camp knife in 4V! Now we're talkin'!

Thanks. :)

It should make for a great all around field knife, we wanted to make sure it was useable in a large variety of situations and people won't have to worry about breaking it.

User avatar
Mushroom
Member
Posts: 2831
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:45 pm
Location: Boston, Ma. U.S.A. Earth

Re: Shot Show surprises

Postby Mushroom » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:08 am

I really love that sheepsfoot blade on the new Rassenti! :eek:

I'm actually super excited about how many new sheepsfoot blades are in the works! Techno 2, Paysan, both clipitools!
- Nick

:spyder:

BelgiumRofls
Member
Posts: 51
Joined: Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:28 am
Location: WA State, USA, Earth

Re: Shot Show surprises

Postby BelgiumRofls » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:35 am

That Paysan. Oh my.

User avatar
Liquid Cobra
Member
Posts: 6405
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:38 pm
Location: British Columbia, CANADA

Re: Shot Show surprises

Postby Liquid Cobra » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:45 am

I’m glad they upgraded the pivot screw. The pivot screw on the nirvana drove me crazy.
Most recently acquired: Paramilitary 2 Tanto, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra

User avatar
bearfacedkiller
Member
Posts: 9918
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:22 pm
Location: hiding in the woods...

Re: Shot Show surprises

Postby bearfacedkiller » Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:10 am

Ankerson wrote:
Thanks. :)

It should make for a great all around field knife, we wanted to make sure it was useable in a large variety of situations and people won't have to worry about breaking it.
Sorry Jim, spell check changed your name on me and I didn't notice. :o

I remember that the proto was in 10V but I am actually very excited that it is going to be 4V instead. It should be a durable high performance do it all blade. Congrats!
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?

User avatar
Ankerson
Member
Posts: 5892
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:23 pm
Location: Raleigh, NC

Re: Shot Show surprises

Postby Ankerson » Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:15 am

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Ankerson wrote:
Thanks. :)

It should make for a great all around field knife, we wanted to make sure it was useable in a large variety of situations and people won't have to worry about breaking it.
Sorry Jim, spell check changed your name on me and I didn't notice. :o

I remember that the proto was in 10V but I am actually very excited that it is going to be 4V instead. It should be a durable high performance do it all blade. Congrats!
10V was an experiment to see how much it could take. :D

CPM 4V was always the planned steel.

User avatar
elena86
Member
Posts: 2802
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:59 am
Location: Somewhere in Europe

Re: Shot Show surprises

Postby elena86 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:26 am

Mushroom wrote:I really love that sheepsfoot blade on the new Rassenti! :eek:

I'm actually super excited about how many new sheepsfoot blades are in the works! Techno 2, Paysan, both clipitools!
That is not quite a sheepsfoot ...
Marius

" A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it " ( Rabindranath Tagore )

User avatar
Surfingringo
Member
Posts: 5593
Joined: Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:02 pm
Location: Costa Rica

Re: Shot Show surprises

Postby Surfingringo » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:53 am

elena86 wrote:
Mushroom wrote:I really love that sheepsfoot blade on the new Rassenti! :eek:

I'm actually super excited about how many new sheepsfoot blades are in the works! Techno 2, Paysan, both clipitools!
That is not quite a sheepsfoot ...
Thankfully. Man, what a beautiful design. I like it better than the Nirvana and I’m SO happy they left off the machined texture on this one. I love the actual edge profile but I need to do some drawings to see if I can modify the top line/spine to give it a sharper tip without marring the aesthetics.

User avatar
curlyhairedboy
Member
Posts: 2219
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:01 am
Location: Southern New England

Re: Shot Show surprises

Postby curlyhairedboy » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:16 am

That paysan looks 100% better than the nirvana. I am EXCITED.

Anyone got specs on the paysan on blade thickness/length?
EDC Rotation: PITS, Shaman, CF S90v Shaman, Ikuchi, Amalgam, CruCarta Shaman, DLC Lil Native, Sage 5 LW, 4V Shaman, Watu, Rex 45 Shaman, Rex 45 Lil Native, Caribbean Sheepsfoot CQI, Tanto PM2, Serrated Shaman
Always in Pocket: Hawkbill Dragonfly 2 H1
Fixed Blades: Proficient, Junction, Waterway
Special and Sentimental: Southard, Smallfly G10, Squarehead LW, Ouroboros, Calendar Para 3 LW, 40th Anniversary Native, Calendar Watu
Would like to own again: Currently N/A!
Wishlist: Smallfly 2, CQI SpyderEdge Caribbean Sheepsfoot, Shaman Sprints!

Canazes9
Member
Posts: 253
Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:57 pm

Re: Shot Show surprises

Postby Canazes9 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:15 am

I'm liking what I'm seeing with the Paysan! There's a good chance that a Paysan could find a home in my pocket this year.

David

User avatar
Joris Mo
Member
Posts: 1073
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:51 am
Location: Amsterdam, NL.

Re: Shot Show surprises

Postby Joris Mo » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:33 am

Definitely that Brouwer folder and that Sanders/Ankerson Bowie.

(link to the Bowie prototype: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=70361 )

Igi964
Member
Posts: 342
Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:10 am
Location: Slovakia

Re: Shot Show surprises

Postby Igi964 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:49 am

Wau. That Ankerson bowie is going to be excellent.
Mantra 3, stainless steel, CQI bearings, 20% off from the price. I'm tempted:)
Techno 2, so much better than the first one.

User avatar
Mushroom
Member
Posts: 2831
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:45 pm
Location: Boston, Ma. U.S.A. Earth

Re: Shot Show surprises

Postby Mushroom » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:52 am

elena86 wrote:
Mushroom wrote:I really love that sheepsfoot blade on the new Rassenti! :eek:

I'm actually super excited about how many new sheepsfoot blades are in the works! Techno 2, Paysan, both clipitools!
That is not quite a sheepsfoot ...
It isn't? What would you call it ?

I was only referencing the custom model it's based off of. My bad. :o
- Nick

:spyder:

napalmfriday
Member
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:28 am
Location: Arkansas

Re: Shot Show surprises

Postby napalmfriday » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:59 am

These releases are exciting for me! There was really nothing new in the catalog that spoke to me, but there are a number of these blades that do. Very good stuff!


Return to “Spyderco General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: blues, Google [Bot], kobold, ladybug93, PayneTrain, RandomNick, rangefinder, skeeg11, steelcity16, TkoK83Spy, wheats and 45 guests