Anyone hear going to the Eugene OR knife show 2018?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
RadioactiveSpyder

Re: Anyone hear going to the Eugene OR knife show 2018?

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

Another great OKCA show and an amazing morning hanging out at the Spyderco table and visiting Ed Schempp at his table too!

A first this year was a small seconds sale that they held early Saturday morning before they put the prototypes out. Five seconds each of about 15-20 or so models (value folders, lightweight N5s and M2s, lots of PM2s and Para 3s, etc.) were offered with folks taking numbered places in line per the usual MO. I was number 14 and managed to pick up basically perfect examples of a lightweight Maxamet N5 and CF S90V Para 3, plus a lightweight Maxamet Manix 2 with a tiny imperfection in the FRN on the spine. I snagged all 3 for less than what the Maxamet M2 or Para 3 go for retail. :D

While the sale was wrapping up, Eric began putting out the prototypes beginning with the fixed blades. Among them were Lance’s Waterway (so light!!), Sal’s Respect, that crazy Zoomer and many others. The folders of course blew my mind and I’ll have to post another entry to this thread after I collect my thoughts further. The Nati Amor was superb, and other amazing models that screamed “buy me!” were the Smock, Alistair Philips, and the incredible new Slysz offerings of the Techno 2 and Swayback (drool!). :)

Overall it was a fantastic show and Spyderco again was the real reason I went! It was great to talk with Sal, Eric and Joyce about lots of things (especially Joyce, right Liquid Cobra? ;)). Thanks so much Spydercrew for making it out to Eugene again and please come back to Oregon soon! (Blade Show West is in October!) Cheers, Radioactive :)
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
mrtodd777

Post by mrtodd777 »

So the Swayback is a reality after all!!!! Super pumped about this one!
remnar

Post by remnar »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:06 pm

Replace that Native with a Maxamet PM2 with an off center blade and you have the three that I picked up. It was a pleasant surprise to see those seconds being offered. It was also nice to meet Radioactive and a couple other forum members. In all, I came home with five new Spydies. In addition to the three already mentioned, I also purchased an M4 Jade g10 Military and I traded for a red bone Kiwi (you know the one Radioctive :) ).

I'd like to thank the Spyderco crew for taking the time to participate in this show. I'm sure this is not a big show by their standards, but I know that their presence is a big draw and many of use really appreciate it. This was my second time meeting the Spyder crew and they were as hospitable as ever. Thanks again! :) :spyder:
remnar

Post by remnar »

mrtodd777 wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:19 pm
So the Swayback is a reality after all!!!! Super pumped about this one!
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the Swayback is still just a prototype and has not yet been slated for production.

BTW, Michael Reinhold has been very prolific with some excellent designs and the Joule is still at the top of my prototype list. I really hope that one sees the production line some day. :) :spyder:
ThePeacent

Post by ThePeacent »

man, I'm envious :D
Joyce Laituri

Post by Joyce Laituri »

It was a show-maker to meet so many of you! Spydersense, thanks for the fun trade. Liquid Cobra, keep up with the outstanding photo skills!
Thanks for making it an enjoyable and fun show for the Spyderco Crew. We just might have had more fun than you did.
Joyce
anagarika

Post by anagarika »

Deadboxhero wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:43 pm
Got to meet the my maker!

Sal and Gail are the greatest.

There are just regular folks, very kind.

I could probably listen to Sal talk for days, very humble, open and sharing.

Gave them both a big brown bear hug

Come check out my table tommorow if you guys aren't busy

E15
You’re really BIG :eek: :D
Chris :spyder: