Maxamet PM 2

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Loudenboomer

Maxamet PM 2

Post by Loudenboomer »

Question for Sal.
Wondering How progress is coming working the bugs out :) on the PM2 maxamet production. Haven't heard much chatter in a while.
Thanks for the fine products.
elena86

Re: Maxamet PM 2

Post by elena86 »

It seems to be out of stock everywhere ...I wonder ... :confused:
Marius

" A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it "
( Rabindranath Tagore )

Proud member of the old school spyderedge nation :bug-white-red
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Wondering the same. Hoping we see these soon, and that the curved blade issue was resolved.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
Johnnie1801

Post by Johnnie1801 »

Probably best to bumo this thread next week, the Spydercrew are all at SHOT Show in Las Vegas this week.
Currently enjoying Spyderco's in - S30V, VG10, Super Blue, Cruwear x4, CTS XHP, S110V x2, M4 x3, S35VN, CTS 204P x2, S90V, HAP 40, K390, RWL34, MAXAMET, ZDP 189, REX 45

Jon
francoiski

Post by francoiski »

i bought 2 of them. they both look nice. however the bevels on the same knife are not symmetrical. i wonder if that s the problem in the production. anyone have the same issues?
koenigsegg

Post by koenigsegg »

My first one had a black spot on the grey handle, the second one's grind wasn't perfect but not terrible. It's no where near as sharp as my Manix2 Maxamet
S30V, VG10, M4, XHP, BD1, Cruwear, Elmax, Maxamet, 204P, H1, K390, A11, Rex45, LC200N, M390, 20CV, BD1N, S45VN waiting to afford MagnaCut
Alchemy1

Post by Alchemy1 »

I thought I picked 2 up over Christmas from a retailer that said they had 2 in stock. I keep calling back and hoping they tell me my order is going to ship, but all I keep getting is that the distributor is still waiting to receive them :( I hope they do put some more out.
Robishere

Post by Robishere »

I have a PM 2 and a native 5 both in maxamet. I bought them both in December from Warriors and Wonders and they still have some Maxamet in stock.
I noticed the bevel was uneven on noth and sharpened them and it was no harder than s30v to sharpen.
It is a BEAST cutting. It seems like it simply wants to cut. I cut crane lifting straps, truck mudflaps, hydraulic hoses, plastic packing, zip ties, you name it. I cut welding cable including the copper, break down cardboard boxes, Maxamet will not quit.
The edge simply will NOT roll. I have not got it to chip or get dull either.
I do not use it as a chisel, a prybar, A hatchet, or an aze. I cut things with it.
It is easy to sharpen and to me is the true dream steel. I was looking at K 390 and s110v but now I do not seem the reason.
Wait for the Maxamet.
I have a pre oeder on the para 3 as it is and do not mind the wait at all now that I have tried it. I could use any of them for weeks on end and likely months at this rate.
It is a pleasure to never have to worry about if my pocket knife will be up to a job.
“Putting fancy thoughts in a woman’s head is like putting lace on a bowling ball.....no good can come of it.” - Archie Bunker.
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Anyone know of any dealers that still have these in stock?
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

I have all three model releases and my PM2 has stained way easier than the Native or Manix, both of which still look basically new in comparison.
Robishere

Post by Robishere »

steelcity16 wrote:Anyone know of any dealers that still have these in stock?
Warriors and wonders in Canada
“Putting fancy thoughts in a woman’s head is like putting lace on a bowling ball.....no good can come of it.” - Archie Bunker.
Alchemy1

Post by Alchemy1 »

Robishere wrote:
Warriors and wonders in Canada
I didn’t click the link, but the homepage said they were OOS when I checked around lunch EST.
Loudenboomer

Post by Loudenboomer »

Post Shot Show Bump
ross8425

Post by ross8425 »

Bbs has them. Bout $300.
koenigsegg

Post by koenigsegg »

Saw one go for $300 on ebay couple of days ago. The Manix 2 I got at the seconds sale chipped some how but maybe the heat treat is why it was a second who knows. I Thought it was only an issue with the laser etch. I've put a slight patina on my Manix cutting apples but the PM2 is sitting in my case I'm too afraid to carry it. :) for now
S30V, VG10, M4, XHP, BD1, Cruwear, Elmax, Maxamet, 204P, H1, K390, A11, Rex45, LC200N, M390, 20CV, BD1N, S45VN waiting to afford MagnaCut
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

yeah, im a little scared to buy one of these for all of the reports I am seeing. I do want a native to try though. we shall see..
EngDevGr3

Post by EngDevGr3 »

steelcity16 wrote:yeah, im a little scared to buy one of these for all of the reports I am seeing. I do want a native to try though. we shall see..
Maxamet is good to go. Just like any manufactured item, there will be a few with issues,but those get way more attention than the other that are ok. Remember when S110V was released? Everyone was talking about how chippy it was. I have a Native 5 Maxamet that is my EDC, and I use it like any other knife. Now my PM2, that bad boy is in the safe until further notice, haha.
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Noticed today that my CC has been charged by KC for the Maxamet PM2 I ordered some months back,
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
Alchemy1

Post by Alchemy1 »

farnorthdan wrote:Noticed today that my CC has been charged by KC for the Maxamet PM2 I ordered some months back,
I’m hopeful this means that the two my retaile keeps telling me they’re getting in will eventually be there. I was just about to call up and cancel. They’ve had $300 of my money since December :mad:
EngDevGr3

Post by EngDevGr3 »

farnorthdan wrote:Noticed today that my CC has been charged by KC for the Maxamet PM2 I ordered some months back,
Really!??? Keep us posted on this please.