Maxamet PM 2

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
koenigsegg

Re: Maxamet PM 2

Post by koenigsegg »

Actually I can't find anything wrong with my example of this blade. Fit and finish is absolutely amazing.
S30V, VG10, M4, XHP, BD1, Cruwear, Elmax, Maxamet, 204P, H1, K390, A11, Rex45, LC200N, M390, 20CV, BD1N, S45VN waiting to afford MagnaCut
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

koenigsegg wrote:Actually I can't find anything wrong with my example of this blade. Fit and finish is absolutely amazing.
+1, the piece I received last week from KC is perfect in every way :cool:
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
Canazes9

Post by Canazes9 »

farnorthdan wrote:
koenigsegg wrote:Actually I can't find anything wrong with my example of this blade. Fit and finish is absolutely amazing.
+1, the piece I received last week from KC is perfect in every way :cool:
Congratulations! My mistake, I thought widespread quality problems had halted production on this model....

David
SpyderPhreak

Post by SpyderPhreak »

Canazes9 wrote:
SpyderPhreak wrote:
husq2100 wrote:I guess they just want this one to go away..... maybe a blot on their reputation?
Come on now, let’s not get carried away. :rolleyes: I’m sure when he’s ready, Sal will let everyone know what’s going on. Just try to be patient. ;)
No, they will figure out the problem and fix it. The fix will be rolled out under the guise of CQI and all the old owners of bent blade Maxamet PM2's will be told in an official statement courtesy o f Taz Kristi that the pre-CQI Maxamet PM2 models are performing exactly as they were designed to....

David
For starters, the blades were NOT bent! Go read more carefully. :rolleyes:

Also, you seem to be here with an axe to grind this evening. Trolling posts in several threads. Ever heard the phrase, "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all?" Maybe take a deep breath, step away from the internet, and come back when you can be more civil? ;)

:spyder:
"Engineers don't idle well."

Thank you to our Veterans!
Canazes9

Post by Canazes9 »

SpyderPhreak wrote:
Canazes9 wrote:
SpyderPhreak wrote:
husq2100 wrote:I guess they just want this one to go away..... maybe a blot on their reputation?
Come on now, let’s not get carried away. :rolleyes: I’m sure when he’s ready, Sal will let everyone know what’s going on. Just try to be patient. ;)
No, they will figure out the problem and fix it. The fix will be rolled out under the guise of CQI and all the old owners of bent blade Maxamet PM2's will be told in an official statement courtesy o f Taz Kristi that the pre-CQI Maxamet PM2 models are performing exactly as they were designed to....

David
For starters, the blades were NOT bent! Go read more carefully. :rolleyes:

Also, you seem to be here with an axe to grind this evening. Trolling posts in several threads. Ever heard the phrase, "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all?" Maybe take a deep breath, step away from the internet, and come back when you can be more civil? ;)

:spyder:
The blades were bent. You can rephrase it anyway you want to: not straight=bent

Expressing dissatisfaction is not trolling.

Please explain where you think I'm "not civil".

David
SpyderPhreak

Post by SpyderPhreak »

No. Bent equals BOTH sides of the blade displaced equally, in the same direction, from the centerline of the blade. These blades were NOT bent! :rolleyes: Again, go back and read the description of the problem much more carefully. ;)

And yes, you're trolling. Painfully obviously so.

Do you even own one of the Maxamet PM2's?

Canazes9

Post by Canazes9 »

SpyderPhreak wrote:No. Bent equals BOTH sides of the blade displaced equally, in the same direction, from the centerline of the blade. These blades were NOT bent! :rolleyes: Again, go back and read the description of the problem much more carefully. ;)

And yes, you're trolling. Painfully obviously so.

Do you even own on of the Maxamet PM2's?
WTF are you talking about?

Bent = Bent

Get over it.

David
SpyderPhreak

Post by SpyderPhreak »

Canazes9 wrote:WTF are you talking about?

Bent = Bent

Get over it.

David
But they are NOT bent! :rolleyes: That's what I'm trying to tell you! Please open your mind for a second, and let me explain:

Ever hear of an asymmetrical grind? That is where there is a different type of grind on each side of the blade. Busse uses one on some of their edges. Flat on one side, convex on the other. This is similar, only with the primary grind, and its distal taper, and only near the tip. The tip of the knife still falls on the centerline of the stock material. The difference is that one side is perfectly flat, and the other side has some curve to it near the point. Here, let me draw it for you, VERY exaggerated, looking down on the knife from the spine:
FA3B0D72-F7EB-46CB-AFE3-FED0CEE4078F.jpeg
NOT bent! ;)

ross8425

Post by ross8425 »

Good God. Lol.
curlyhairedboy

Post by curlyhairedboy »

SpyderPhreak wrote:

Bent = Bent

Get over it.

David
But they are NOT bent! :rolleyes: That's what I'm trying to tell you! Please open your mind for a second, and let me explain:

Ever hear of an asymmetrical grind? That is where there is a different type of grind on each side of the blade. Busse uses one on some of their edges. Flat on one side, convex on the other. This is similar, only with the primary grind, and its distal taper, and only near the tip. The tip of the knife still falls on the centerline of the stock material. The difference is that one side is perfectly flat, and the other side has some curve to it near the point. Here, let me draw it for you, VERY exaggerated, looking down on the knife from the spine:

NOT bent! ;)
My S110v PM2 has this, as described.
EDC Rotation: PITS, Damasteel Urban, Shaman, Ikuchi, Amalgam, CruCarta Shaman, Sage 5 LW, Serrated Caribbean Sheepsfoot CQI, XHP Shaman, M4/Micarta Shaman, 15v Shaman
Fixed Blades: Proficient, Magnacut Mule
Special and Sentimental: Southard, Squarehead LW, Ouroboros, Calendar Para 3 LW, 40th Anniversary Native, Ti Native, Calendar Watu, Tanto PM2
Would like to own again: CQI Caribbean Sheepsfoot PE, Watu
Wishlist: Magnacut, Shaman Sprints!
Canazes9

Post by Canazes9 »

SpyderPhreak wrote:

Bent = Bent

Get over it.

David

NOT bent! ;)
When this grind is applied to thin narrow tip = bent.

Not sure why it makes such a big difference to whether the blade profile is off due to a lack of the stock being straight as forged or whether it was mishapen due to grinding difficulties, the result is the same.

David
SpyderPhreak

Post by SpyderPhreak »

Canazes9 wrote:When this grind is applied to thin narrow tip = bent.

Not sure why it makes such a big difference to whether the blade profile is off due to a lack of the stock being straight as forged or whether it was mishapen due to grinding difficulties, the result is the same.

David
Still wrong. Not bent. :rolleyes:

Centerline remains straight, point lies along the centerline, NOT BENT. Why is this so hard for you to grasp?

dsvirsky

Post by dsvirsky »

Canazes9 wrote:
SpyderPhreak wrote:

Bent = Bent

Get over it.

David

David
It's a significant difference because one is cosmetic, with an edge that is straight, and the other is functional, with an edge that is curved. The edge on the Maxamet PM2 is straight. (SpyderPhreak types faster :spyder: )

If you're so unhappy with the Maxamet PM2, sell it and move on with your life.
SpyderPhreak

Post by SpyderPhreak »

I don't think he even has a Maxamet PM2, he just likes trying to cause trouble (like every post he made last night, not just this thread). :rolleyes:

SpyderPhreak

Post by SpyderPhreak »

This thread needs some pics!!! :cool:
AC1636D6-3F32-4B8D-A7A7-37F6E8B4E3A5.jpeg
B10266D1-4684-4309-AA9A-8291C642DD53.jpeg
A011BAF4-FFC4-42FD-9C77-B89BAF2E39AD.jpeg

koenigsegg

Post by koenigsegg »

Maybe it doesn't mean anything but KC just updated the listing for the PM3 Maxamet
S30V, VG10, M4, XHP, BD1, Cruwear, Elmax, Maxamet, 204P, H1, K390, A11, Rex45, LC200N, M390, 20CV, BD1N, S45VN waiting to afford MagnaCut
husq2100

Post by husq2100 »

Thanks for the pics @SpyderPhreak ... :spyder: :)

and thats a nice looking brown Lab :)
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

A few more pics:

Casey Lynch titanium scales (single liner delete)
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
Alchemy1

Post by Alchemy1 »

Love the pics, guys. I just wish I knew if we were getting more.
Tucson Tom

Post by Tucson Tom »

I was starting to get bent myself reading all the rubbish above.

Thanks for the pics. Looking forward to one of these.

LIke the lyrics to one bluegrass song I enjoy, "I'm not broke, but badly bent."