Maxamet PM 2

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
farnorthdan

Re: Maxamet PM 2

Post by farnorthdan »

EngDevGr3 wrote:
farnorthdan wrote:Noticed today that my CC has been charged by KC for the Maxamet PM2 I ordered some months back,
Really!??? Keep us posted on this please.
No problem, just received the shipping notice this morning.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Double tap
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
koenigsegg

Post by koenigsegg »

I need to buy a second but KC site says Discontinued
S30V, VG10, M4, XHP, BD1, Cruwear, Elmax, Maxamet, 204P, H1, K390, A11, Rex45, LC200N, M390, 20CV, BD1N, S45VN waiting to afford MagnaCut
SC_PATRIOT

Post by SC_PATRIOT »

I received one today from an Amazon vendor. *****Country. It is definitely a different type of steel. Fit and finish is superb but I'm still using my 52100 model pretty strong. My Maxamet model does have an ever slight off center. Not a big deal for me. It's almost like Maxamet is a powder instead of metal. Very stonewashed look.
cheeseheaded

Post by cheeseheaded »

koenigsegg wrote:I need to buy a second but KC site says Discontinued
I see it discontinued on KC as well. If that is not an error, then I am wondering if this means they were never able to work out whatever issue they were "evaluating". Those that got them may end up having a rare bug. Also, it makes me nervous for the fate of the Para 3 in maxamet. :eek:
koenigsegg

Post by koenigsegg »

cheeseheaded wrote:
koenigsegg wrote:I need to buy a second but KC site says Discontinued
I see it discontinued on KC as well. If that is not an error, then I am wondering if this means they were never able to work out whatever issue they were "evaluating". Those that got them may end up having a rare bug. Also, it makes me nervous for the fate of the Para 3 in maxamet. :eek:
You can't think like this! Sal will figure it out. They made a ton of Manix and Native and made some PM2 without issues so I think they will work out whatever issue is happening. At least that's what I tell myself cause I want the PM3 version. So glad I jumped on the PM2.
S30V, VG10, M4, XHP, BD1, Cruwear, Elmax, Maxamet, 204P, H1, K390, A11, Rex45, LC200N, M390, 20CV, BD1N, S45VN waiting to afford MagnaCut
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

I received mine from KC yesterday, pretty much spot on all the way around. This was from an order some months back so not sure but am thinking they may be getting some trickling in.

Alchemy1

Post by Alchemy1 »

I’m hopeful. I haven’t canceled my order for 2 yet. Maybe we’ll hear something firm soon.
SpyderPhreak

Post by SpyderPhreak »

I’m loving mine. The grind issue was blown WAY out of proportion IMO. It’s a very minor issue, really.

Hoping to see another run of them, as I want a second one for myself. Starting to regret gifting two of these instead of S110v’s.
"Engineers don't idle well."

Thank you to our Veterans!
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

Did we ever get any confirmation on what the real reason was? I doubt the slight grind "issue" qualified to stop production.
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

Can someone tell me what is the problem with the PM2 Maxamet, specifically? The grind? Or warping? I've heard lots of differing thoughts.
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
SpyderPhreak

Post by SpyderPhreak »

Nobody really knows for sure, as I don’t think anyone from Spyderco officially confirmed the issue. All speculation.

koenigsegg

Post by koenigsegg »

I can't wait for the PM3 Maxamet since I am so mad at myself for not getting the cru-wear version, s30v version is too much like a lot of my other spyders black g10 with s30v and I don't like / my friend already has the Blurple one
husq2100

Post by husq2100 »

Hi all,

first post here, PM2 addict. One thing that is a little suprising is the lack of information coming from Spyderco as they are active on some forums. No need to go into full details but would be nice to know if its been scrapped or under rectification. I just paid through the nose for one on the private market. I know Spyderco will probably get it back on line, but didnt want to risk missing out. I got in on the KC pre order months ago but not early enough to be one of the lucky few to take delivery...
rivy

Post by rivy »

Trying to remember who posted it... but someone I follow on instagram said that the Maxamet PM2 has been discontinued... not necessarily a credible source, but has anyone heard anything like that? (not just because some sites like KC say that...)
the Southerner

Post by the Southerner »

abbazaba wrote:I have all three model releases and my PM2 has stained way easier than the Native or Manix, both of which still look basically new in comparison.
All three edges look like factory grinds. Nice selfie btw.
husq2100

Post by husq2100 »

I guess they just want this one to go away..... maybe a blot on their reputation?
sovereign

Post by sovereign »

husq2100 wrote:I guess they just want this one to go away..... maybe a blot on their reputation?

The silence is deafening. :confused:
SpyderPhreak

Post by SpyderPhreak »

husq2100 wrote:I guess they just want this one to go away..... maybe a blot on their reputation?
Come on now, let’s not get carried away. :rolleyes: I’m sure when he’s ready, Sal will let everyone know what’s going on. Just try to be patient. ;)

Canazes9

Post by Canazes9 »

SpyderPhreak wrote:
Come on now, let’s not get carried away. :rolleyes: I’m sure when he’s ready, Sal will let everyone know what’s going on. Just try to be patient. ;)
No, they will figure out the problem and fix it. The fix will be rolled out under the guise of CQI and all the old owners of bent blade Maxamet PM2's will be told in an official statement courtesy o f Taz Kristi that the pre-CQI Maxamet PM2 models are performing exactly as they were designed to....

David