Hap40 Caly 3.5

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
PanChango

Hap40 Caly 3.5

Post by PanChango »

Excuse me if this has already been discussed, but will there be a Caly 3.5 in Hap40?
xceptnl

Re: Hap40 Caly 3.5

Post by xceptnl »

If so I will do a backflip and post it on here to express my joy.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
holeshot

Post by holeshot »

xceptnl wrote:If so I will do a backflip and post it on here to express my joy.
I'm in on that too! :)
"No matter where you go, there you are"
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

That would be incredible. But I’d be sad if it was green.

Orange!
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

Liquid Cobra wrote:That would be incredible. But I’d be sad if it was green.

Orange!
Not a fan of the green Donovan?
*Landon*
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

xceptnl wrote:

Orange!
I can’t stand it actually. So much so that I didn’t even consider buying the Caly 3 sprint which I would have if it was literally any other colour. :(
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390

@liquid_cobra
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

Liquid Cobra wrote:
xceptnl wrote:

Orange!
I can’t stand it actually. So much so that I didn’t even consider buying the Caly 3 sprint which I would have if it was literally any other colour. :(
That's completely fair. If the 3.5 comes out in orange I will still get one, but it will get RIT dyed almost immediately. To each their own. Lets just see if we can get one.
*Landon*
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Agreed

@liquid_cobra
attila

Post by attila »

Orange!
I'd be game for a smooth G10, like the Knifefenter S90V linerless Native, but in BURNT ORANGE! That would probably shoot right to the top of my favorites list.

Either that or use the same smooth green G10 that was used on the aforementioned Native.
Have: old S30V Native, HAP40 Endura, ZDP DF2, S110V Manix LW, Cru-wear Para 3, SE H1 DF2, S90V Native 5, K390 Urban, SE Pac Salt, P.I.T.S., XHP Manix LW, SB Caly 3, B70P, PMA11, K03, Kapara, REX 45 Military, 154CM Manix LW, Swick, AEB-L Urban, KC Cruwear Manix, M390 PM2, Mantra 2, CruCarta Shaman, M390 Manix, K390 Police 4, S90V Manix LW, Rex 45 Manix LW, 20CV Manix, Rex 45 Lil’Native, Shaman, C208GP, Cruwear Manix, Cruwear Manix, M4 Chief, Z-max!!!

Want: SPY27, K490, Swick 5
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I would be very excited to see this happen, especially in green!
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
Johnnie1801

Post by Johnnie1801 »

I'd love to try one but I just seem to have really bad luck getting hold of these knives and coupled with the nightmare start to the New Year I've had it seems like it's going to be a long time until I can buy another Spyderco :( .
Currently enjoying Spyderco's in - S30V, VG10, Super Blue, Cruwear x4, CTS XHP, S110V x2, M4 x3, S35VN, CTS 204P x2, S90V, HAP 40, K390, RWL34, MAXAMET, ZDP 189, REX 45

Jon
BrianMcCord

Post by BrianMcCord »

Johnnie1801 wrote:I'd love to try one but I just seem to have really bad luck getting hold of these knives and coupled with the nightmare start to the New Year I've had it seems like it's going to be a long time until I can buy another Spyderco :( .
Nightmare start? What's going on?
-Brian

Son's Collection: H1 Rescue Manbug, Tenacious

Rescue 79mm Orange, Cat BD-1, Effecient, Pingo Orange FRN, T-Mag, Urban K390, Lil' Native, Sliverax, Para 3 S110V, Caly 3 HAP 40, R Nishijin, Mantra, Manix 2 LW S110V, Manix 2 Black, Delica 4 Black, PM2 Digi, PM2 Black, Yojimbo 2, Native 5 LW, Dragonfly 2, Military 204P, Wolfspyder, Techno, HAP 40 Ladybug, H1 Hawkbill Ladybug, Blue Persistence, Bradley 2, UKPK SE Gin-1

Looking for an Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation Enduring Freedom Native. :spyder:
Johnnie1801

Post by Johnnie1801 »

BrianMcCord wrote:
Johnnie1801 wrote:I'd love to try one but I just seem to have really bad luck getting hold of these knives and coupled with the nightmare start to the New Year I've had it seems like it's going to be a long time until I can buy another Spyderco :( .
Well during the Christmas period there was a small storm here and my neighbor's tree fell down unto the power line that supplies my house. It snapped a concrete electricity post in half and ruptured the neutral cable, the ensuing power surge fried the electrics in my air con systems, a bunch of appliances and almost all the light bulbs in the house. Luckily it happened in the evening because if it had happened during the night there could well have been a fire, there were lights smoking as well as the satellite tv decoder. 3 weeks later I still don't have proper heating and just got a bill for around $10,000 to replace it. Also I'll need a further $2000 to replace everything else that was destroyed. The power company don't accept any responsibility as it wasn't their fault so now I'm arguing with the neighbor and insurance companies.

There's a flu virus doing the rounds which got us last week so the no heating thing has been a bit of a pain in the old proverbial but to be honest the thing that bugs me the most is not having a dishwasher, lol.

Not to derail the thread further but I never did manage to find a SB Caly and I ordered a hap 40 version but it was stolen in the mail. Hopefully if there's a Caly 3.5 my luck will change :)
Currently enjoying Spyderco's in - S30V, VG10, Super Blue, Cruwear x4, CTS XHP, S110V x2, M4 x3, S35VN, CTS 204P x2, S90V, HAP 40, K390, RWL34, MAXAMET, ZDP 189, REX 45

Jon
Strider

Post by Strider »

attila wrote:

Orange!
I'd be game for a smooth G10, like the Knifefenter S90V linerless Native, but in BURNT ORANGE! That would probably shoot right to the top of my favorites list.

Either that or use the same smooth green G10 that was used on the aforementioned Native.
I really do enjoy the smooth G10 on the native. With how good the ergonomics are, I do not feel that the rough texture provides anything I need.
Capt'n Boatsalot

Post by Capt'n Boatsalot »

Johnnie1801 wrote:
BrianMcCord wrote:
Well during the Christmas period there was a small storm here and my neighbor's tree fell down unto the power line that supplies my house. It snapped a concrete electricity post in half and ruptured the neutral cable, the ensuing power surge fried the electrics in my air con systems, a bunch of appliances and almost all the light bulbs in the house. Luckily it happened in the evening because if it had happened during the night there could well have been a fire, there were lights smoking as well as the satellite tv decoder. 3 weeks later I still don't have proper heating and just got a bill for around $10,000 to replace it. Also I'll need a further $2000 to replace everything else that was destroyed. The power company don't accept any responsibility as it wasn't their fault so now I'm arguing with the neighbor and insurance companies.

There's a flu virus doing the rounds which got us last week so the no heating thing has been a bit of a pain in the old proverbial but to be honest the thing that bugs me the most is not having a dishwasher, lol.

Not to derail the thread further but I never did manage to find a SB Caly and I ordered a hap 40 version but it was stolen in the mail. Hopefully if there's a Caly 3.5 my luck will change :)
Hey Jon,
That sucks, man! I really feel for you. I've had some storms here with trees coming down and some roof damage, but nothing like you're describing. Nightmare start to the new year, for sure. I hope that it turns around very shortly. Hopefully the path for improvement can include a HAP40 Caly 3.5! :D Best of luck with the neighbor / insurance.
Strider

Post by Strider »

Johnnie1801 wrote:
BrianMcCord wrote:

sheesh. that's a lot.
The hap40 is still available here if that makes you feel any better:
https://riversedgecutlery.com/products/ ... sprint-run
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

Johnnie1801 wrote:
BrianMcCord wrote:

So sorry to hear about your troubles Johnnie. Hope your insurance will take care of you.
*Landon*
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Back to Caly 3.5 HAP40.
I strongly prefer dark green. Preferably smooth like on KC Native. I will have no problem with regular orange, but I totally hate burnt orange.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
soundshaman

Post by soundshaman »

This would be nice :) hope it'll be a surprise sprint!
attila

Post by attila »

bh49 wrote:Back to Caly 3.5 HAP40.
I strongly prefer dark green. Preferably smooth like on KC Native. I will have no problem with regular orange, but I totally hate burnt orange.
Both are tied for my favorite color, but the orange is less universally-loved. Thus, the KC Native's smooth green G10 gets my vote as well. This would also keep it nearer the format of the Caly 3.
Have: old S30V Native, HAP40 Endura, ZDP DF2, S110V Manix LW, Cru-wear Para 3, SE H1 DF2, S90V Native 5, K390 Urban, SE Pac Salt, P.I.T.S., XHP Manix LW, SB Caly 3, B70P, PMA11, K03, Kapara, REX 45 Military, 154CM Manix LW, Swick, AEB-L Urban, KC Cruwear Manix, M390 PM2, Mantra 2, CruCarta Shaman, M390 Manix, K390 Police 4, S90V Manix LW, Rex 45 Manix LW, 20CV Manix, Rex 45 Lil’Native, Shaman, C208GP, Cruwear Manix, Cruwear Manix, M4 Chief, Z-max!!!

Want: SPY27, K490, Swick 5