Knife insurance

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Officer2516

Knife insurance

Post by Officer2516 »

I hear guys saying that there was knife insurance and I look it up and there is knife insurance I got it today for whole year it's like 40 dollars that's seem
Very cheap and even if someone stole your knife they cover it in the contract there wasn't specified what means stolen so it can be even when you lost your knife you can report it stolen and they should cover it look it up guys or let me know if anyone have knife insurance
TriggerThumb

Re: Knife insurance

Post by TriggerThumb »

:cool:
Last edited by TriggerThumb on Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.

-Henry David Thoreau
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

Officer2516 wrote:I hear guys saying that there was knife insurance and I look it up and there is knife insurance I got it today for whole year it's like 40 dollars that's seem
Very cheap and even if someone stole your knife they cover it in the contract there wasn't specified what means stolen so it can be even when you lost your knife you can report it stolen and they should cover it look it up guys or let me know if anyone have knife insurance
Hi Officer, welcome to the forum. I believe that's called insurance fraud.
TriggerThumb

Post by TriggerThumb »

:eek: Haha I missed that part
Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.

-Henry David Thoreau
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

Surfingringo wrote:Hi Officer, welcome to the forum. I believe that's called insurance fraud.
...mm! :rolleyes:

Lance, you reckon they'd cover broken tip? :confused:
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
nicked.onaut

Post by nicked.onaut »

Surfingringo wrote:
Officer2516 wrote:I hear guys saying that there was knife insurance and I look it up and there is knife insurance I got it today for whole year it's like 40 dollars that's seem
Hi Officer, welcome to the forum. I believe that's called insurance fraud.

Yup, and yikes.

*Install moral compass plugin 2.0*
zhyla

Post by zhyla »

I’m just going to say “troll” at this point with this guy. The tyranny of run on sentences must end.
holeshot

Post by holeshot »

Bloke wrote:
Surfingringo wrote:Hi Officer, welcome to the forum. I believe that's called insurance fraud.
...mm! :rolleyes:

Lance, you reckon they'd cover broken tip? :confused:
Yep, if it sounds to good to be true... :rolleyes:
"No matter where you go, there you are"
crazywednesday

Post by crazywednesday »

I am happy that your are excited about your new found insurance. Its not for me. As far as Im concerned insurance was originally meant for catastrophe. Now days you can buy insurance on anything including your pet. Ive probably already pooped on your parade, but that was not my intent. The only thing I would like to leave with is that insurance companies serve a single purpose. That is to make a profit for the company. Please dont mistake that for me being anti insurance. If you feel like you have opportunity to insure small items easily replaced that have no real affect on daily living, go for it. PM me if you really want to know how I feel about insurance.
Justin
Officer2516

Post by Officer2516 »

Is not an insurance fraud if you lost your knife for instance at a work and someone found it you have your last name on your knife let's says as I do that's not an lost it an theft so that will not be considered insurance fraud unless I kept
My knife hidden and call
My insurance company and tell them someone break into my house and stole
My knives
Also yes insurances sucks especially these one for cars I been recently into not on fault car accident and the way they handle the claim was unfair
Calicoast

Post by Calicoast »

Officer 2516: you are definitely one of a kind.

I am curious, do you drive an Aztek?
BrianMcCord

Post by BrianMcCord »

Officer2516 wrote:Is not an insurance fraud if you lost your knife for instance at a work and someone found it you have your last name on your knife let's says as I do that's not an lost it an theft so that will not be considered insurance fraud unless I kept
My knife hidden and call
My insurance company and tell them someone break into my house and stole
My knives
Also yes insurances sucks especially these one for cars I been recently into not on fault car accident and the way they handle the claim was unfair
Just stop. You're a tool, I stand by my original thought. Buy Spyderco, use Spyderco and don't cheat the system, Officer.
-Brian

Son's Collection: H1 Rescue Manbug, Tenacious

Rescue 79mm Orange, Cat BD-1, Effecient, Pingo Orange FRN, T-Mag, Urban K390, Lil' Native, Sliverax, Para 3 S110V, Caly 3 HAP 40, R Nishijin, Mantra, Manix 2 LW S110V, Manix 2 Black, Delica 4 Black, PM2 Digi, PM2 Black, Yojimbo 2, Native 5 LW, Dragonfly 2, Military 204P, Wolfspyder, Techno, HAP 40 Ladybug, H1 Hawkbill Ladybug, Blue Persistence, Bradley 2, UKPK SE Gin-1

Looking for an Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation Enduring Freedom Native. :spyder:
standy99

Post by standy99 »

Also collecting watches, it is very common in the watch world to insure a 5k or10k watch. But a $200 knife ??
Im a vegetarian as technically cows are made of grass and water.
ross8425

Post by ross8425 »

I have never heard of knife insurance if you break the tip on your knife while in a heated battle against at least 8 people will they cover the damages I wonder I have this thing called home insurance and think it insures all the items in my dwelling that means house are covered in loss like a fire robbery etc I bet if you have knife insurance and your knife gets stolen Spyderco will run Sprint runs just for you so you can replace it especially if you get hired I have insurance on some jewelry but it is worth more than my knives with thin tips
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

I have a "collectibles" rider on my homeowner's policy that would cover losses from fire or theft up to a specific figure. Wouldn't think of abusing it by claiming something I mislaid was stolen. That's dishonesty, plain and simple. And he want's to work for Spyderco. :rolleyes:
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

The Deacon wrote:I have a "collectibles" rider on my homeowner's policy that would cover losses from fire or theft up to a specific figure. Wouldn't think of abusing it by claiming something I mislaid was stolen. That's dishonesty, plain and simple. And he want's to work for Spyderco. :rolleyes:
Correct. I think most homeowner's policies limit values on certain items so you would be required to have a rider for electronics, guns, knives, etc that exceeded their predetermined value.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
demoncase

Post by demoncase »

If any of you guys are worried I can offer :Cootie Insurance should the suggested cootie shots fail.

We have flexible payment terms and accept payment in baseball cards, tootsie rolls or doing my geography homework for me.

Applications to be made after last period in the corner of the football field :D
Warhammer 40000 is- basically- Lord Of The Rings on a cocktail of every drug known to man and genuine lunar dust, stuck in a blender with Alien, Mechwarrior, Dune, Starship Troopers, Fahrenheit 451 and Star Wars, bathed in blood, turned up to eleventy billion, set on fire, and catapulted off into space screaming "WAAAGH!" and waving a chainsaw sword- without the happy ending.

https://www.instagram.com/commissarcainscoffeecup/
SharpieB

Post by SharpieB »

Why would anyone buy “knife insurance” if they have home and car insurance? Unless you have tens of thousands of $$$ into a knife collection.

I had a couple of camping knives, my golf clubs and a bass guitar stolen out of my truck in my driveway a few years ago and all was covered under my house insurance.

P.s. saying a lost knife was stolen is insurance fraud. Be a real treat to deal with cops dusting for fingerprints and risk getting caught for a few bucks. :rolleyes:
RLDubbya

Post by RLDubbya »

Please permit me a question, if I may be so bold. You are an officer of the law, and have presumably taken an oath to uphold the law.

Yet you come onto this forum and suggest that we all break the law.

What is it like for you to look into a mirror?
Officer2516

Post by Officer2516 »

Let me answer your question no I never suggest to break the law insurances get paid every month so is completely ok if you lost your knife at work or somewhere like school or church where yo go every day or so and you have your knife signed someone found it and didn't return it to you that's theft so is completely ok to file under theft section of the collectibles insurance