1st dragonfly 2

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
xceptnl

Re: 1st dragonfly 2

Post by xceptnl »

Hard for me to choose between these. They all carry so well and as much as I love being a steel junkie, the difference between them is more based on color than metallurgical properties

sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

I currently have a G10 model and a HAP40. I like both but the HAP40 seems to get used more. I reprofiled this one last night. It's a little laser.

Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Strider

Post by Strider »

xceptnl wrote:Hard for me to choose between these. They all carry so well and as much as I love being a steel junkie, the difference between them is more based on color than metallurgical properties

Is the G10 on this model smooth or rough?
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

It is fairly smooth, but I have been carrying it for a long time so it is hard to remember how the texture was new. Still, it is my favorite in hand i think. Feels like a little tank.
*Landon*
Strider

Post by Strider »

Molle Ninja wrote:I might be biased ...

Hap40 or not, can't really go wrong!
selling?
Termite Toothpick

Post by Termite Toothpick »

My ZDP one gets pocket time the most...I absolutely love it, it's a little light saber and holds that edge forever. That one(ZDP), the HAP40 or the new sprint in V-Toku would be nice. I have also been looking at the HawkBill one to add as well. Truly, you can't go wrong. They are a great little knife!
Dragonfly G-10, Blurple PM2, Para3, Jani-Song, Dragonfly2 ZDP-189, Lil' Native, Chaparral LW, Delica WC HAP40, Para3 M4, HH UKPK S30V, Para3 LW, Para3 LW M390, Meerkat V-TOKU2, M4 Sage 5 LW, Urban Ivory Damasteel, Leaf Storm

:bug-white-red -Derek
Captain Howdy

Post by Captain Howdy »

Only D2 I have is the H1 pe. Every summer when we go to the shore for 2 weeks it lives in the pockets of my shorts and sees a lot of time in the Atlantic Ocean. I don’t rise it till after the trip and it’s mind bending that it looks as fresh as day I got it minus some blade scuffing
wolfgaze

Post by wolfgaze »

Strider wrote:I am trying to fill in some gaps in my knife collection. What version of the dragonfly 2 do people like the most?I've been looking at the zdp, vtoku2 and H1 (don't work around salt water but like the yellow).
Also, the dealer Knives Plus has some very reasonably priced modified DF2's... Some with custom dyed FRN handles and some with acid washed blades... Look them up...
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

xceptnl wrote:It is fairly smooth, but I have been carrying it for a long time so it is hard to remember how the texture was new. Still, it is my favorite in hand i think. Feels like a little tank.
How do find the plywood?

Mine's been a little disappointing. It took a few days to assemble and came blunt which isn't a biggie but it did take some sharpening and clogged up quite a few stones before it was finally sharp. :eek:

It's holding up fairly well but it stains easily and doesn't open and close like it should for a few days after I've washed it. :confused:
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

^ Haha you kill me Bloke! Bet the edge retention isn't the best!
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

Sharp Guy wrote:^ Haha you kill me Bloke! Bet the edge retention isn't the best!
Ah, hahaha! :)

You're right Pat, it's not the best but OK for an old fulla like me! ;)

Ah, hahaha! :)
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

wolfgaze wrote:
Strider wrote:I am trying to fill in some gaps in my knife collection. What version of the dragonfly 2 do people like the most?I've been looking at the zdp, vtoku2 and H1 (don't work around salt water but like the yellow).
Also, the dealer Knives Plus has some very reasonably priced modified DF2's... Some with custom dyed FRN handles and some with acid washed blades... Look them up...
+1 that's where I got my last one from. Got my Fluted cf native from them too. Good customer service.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

I am still waiting on the blue Dragonfly.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

Doc Dan wrote:I am still waiting on the blue Dragonfly.
That would be sweet. I'd also like one the color of the 110 V Native.
- best wishes, Jazz.
olywa

Post by olywa »

I have the H1, the ZDP-189, and an orange VG-10. I keep hoping for another HAP-40 run or maybe a CTS-XHP, but I'm not holding my breath. Of the ones I have, I carry the ZDP-189 the most. The DF2 actually makes a great, compact little neck knife. A couple of guys on the big auction site make a super little kydex holster for that purpose.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

Jazz wrote:
Doc Dan wrote:I am still waiting on the blue Dragonfly.
That would be sweet. I'd also like one the color of the 110 V Native.
You are reading my mind.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

I think eventually we will see some navy blue FRN.
*Landon*
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

Bloke wrote:
xceptnl wrote:It is fairly smooth, but I have been carrying it for a long time so it is hard to remember how the texture was new. Still, it is my favorite in hand i think. Feels like a little tank.
How do find the plywood?

Mine's been a little disappointing. It took a few days to assemble and came blunt which isn't a biggie but it did take some sharpening and clogged up quite a few stones before it was finally sharp. :eek:

It's holding up fairly well but it stains easily and doesn't open and close like it should for a few days after I've washed it. :confused:
No kidding, I hate that only candlewax works on the pivot anything else just soaks in. The walk & talk is really sub-par in my opinion too.. :D

All jokes aside, I do want to finish the wooden one to be more like the real things.
*Landon*