Any G10 Delica sprints in the works?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
steelcity16

Any G10 Delica sprints in the works?

Post by steelcity16 »

So what ever happened after the G10 Delica Super Gold run ground to a halt? Are there any G10 Delica runs scheduled for 2018/2019 or do we need to garner some support for one?

I think laminated Superblue would be my choice since the FRN Superblue models were so popular and a lot of people missed out on them. It would be amazing to see a laminated Superblue sprint run in G10 with the Delica, Endura, Dragonfly, Stretch, and JESTER! Short of that, just a FFG Delica would be a good start!

My vote would be Blurple G10 for this run as it makes sense to pair SuperBLUE with a BLUE G10, and I much prefer Blurple to Smurf Blue. "Superblurple" we could call it! :D

I'd also be REALLY happy with the Red G10 from the DLT PM2, and maybe even a new semi-transparent dark green G10?? Really, any of these paired with laminated Superblue would be instant sell-outs from where I'm standing.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
Donut

Re: Any G10 Delica sprints in the works?

Post by Donut »

We got a Pakkawood sprint a couple of months ago. It is built off the G-10 design.

I think that's pretty close!
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Donut wrote:We got a Pakkawood sprint a couple of months ago. It is built off the G-10 design.

I think that's pretty close!
But no cigar! :) I need some Blurple or Red G10 with laminated Superblue in my life!
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Hap-40 G-10 in red or blue would be SWEET!! John
Not all who wander are lost!!!

Of all the paths you take in life...
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!! ;)
BrianMcCord

Post by BrianMcCord »

Or the forest green G10 to match the Caly 3 sprint.
-Brian

Son's Collection: H1 Rescue Manbug, Tenacious

Rescue 79mm Orange, Cat BD-1, Effecient, Pingo Orange FRN, T-Mag, Urban K390, Lil' Native, Sliverax, Para 3 S110V, Caly 3 HAP 40, R Nishijin, Mantra, Manix 2 LW S110V, Manix 2 Black, Delica 4 Black, PM2 Digi, PM2 Black, Yojimbo 2, Native 5 LW, Dragonfly 2, Military 204P, Wolfspyder, Techno, HAP 40 Ladybug, H1 Hawkbill Ladybug, Blue Persistence, Bradley 2, UKPK SE Gin-1

Looking for an Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation Enduring Freedom Native. :spyder:
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

I would buy Delica / G-10 sprints in almost any combination.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
blueblur

Post by blueblur »

I beleive knife center will be getting another run of the pakkawood delica's later this year.
SC_PATRIOT

Post by SC_PATRIOT »

As it was just stated KC will be getting these again in February. I missed getting one on the first round last year. Wont miss it again.
soundshaman

Post by soundshaman »

Yea I'm amazed we don't get many g10 Delica sprints. The Japanese g10 models are pricy but the delica is very popular. I know I want one in almost any colour :) Jester/ladybug would be nice to pair with it
awa54

Post by awa54 »

How about K390, ATS34/154CM/RWL34 or LC200? Pretty much any non-pink G10 color would do for me :D

Hitachi White paper #1 laminate would be amazing, but a "regular" steel might be more likely to actually happen...
-David

still more knives than sharpening stones...
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

SC_PATRIOT wrote:As it was just stated KC will be getting these again in February. I missed getting one on the first round last year. Wont miss it again.
I too missed (passed) on one of these.. Maybe wont do that again as the ones that were posted for the most part looked good.. Only thing about this is it can be a hit/miss on the handles.. Sure do wish there was some place around me to handle/inspect before buying.. John :)

xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

Great news on the KC pakkawood models. I won't miss these the second time around.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
Johnnie1801

Post by Johnnie1801 »

Just curious, is the price the same as before or is it at the new MAP price?
Currently enjoying Spyderco's in - S30V, VG10, Super Blue, Cruwear x4, CTS XHP, S110V x2, M4 x3, S35VN, CTS 204P x2, S90V, HAP 40, K390, RWL34, MAXAMET, ZDP 189, REX 45

Jon
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

I jist picked up a Pakkawood on the exchange. Saved me a few bucks too as I had one in my cart ready to pre-order at knifecenter. What are the odds?? :P

Hopefully that satisfies me until we see a new G10 Delica sprint.
FCM415

Post by FCM415 »

G10 Delica is what I really want. Never had one and Im a Delica fanboy.
Mastermachetier

Post by Mastermachetier »

steelcity16 wrote:I jist picked up a Pakkawood on the exchange. Saved me a few bucks too as I had one in my cart ready to pre-order at knifecenter. What are the odds?? :P

Hopefully that satisfies me until we see a new G10 Delica sprint.
I have been trying to find one. I have seen to go for sale recently but sold within like 10 minutes :( Seems like I wont be getting my hand on one for a while.
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Just keep an eye on the exchange. One came up for $137 a day after I grabbed mine from there.
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

jmh58 wrote:
SC_PATRIOT wrote:As it was just stated KC will be getting these again in February. I missed getting one on the first round last year. Wont miss it again.
I too missed (passed) on one of these.. Maybe wont do that again as the ones that were posted for the most part looked good.. Only thing about this is it can be a hit/miss on the handles.. Sure do wish there was some place around me to handle/inspect before buying.. John :)

....and after seeing the going price I will pass again... :eek: :eek: John :)