BHQ with a hap40 Lum Tanto exclusive?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Tdog

Re: BHQ with a hap40 Lum Tanto exclusive?

Post by Tdog »

Wish they would have used a different handle material/color. While some knives look good with the jade (love my mules), I'm not fond of this on the Lum Tanto. Am I willing to spend the extra $ for custom scales in addition to the initial purchase cost? Custom knives are becoming much more attractive.
Babalu32

Post by Babalu32 »

I asked in the other Lum thread but;
Has there been a laminated blade liner lock before?
I was just curious if the detent ball will eat into the soft lamination and cause any effects over time?
MCM

Post by MCM »

Like jade. Not a fan of translucent light green though.................With a textured finish.........Gets too dirty fast........
:spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder:
More S90v & CF please.......
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

MCM wrote:Like jade. Not a fan of translucent light green though.................With a textured finish.........Gets too dirty fast........
Maybe knifeworks should do a similar run with materials you like! :D
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
SF Native

Post by SF Native »

Babalu32 wrote:I asked in the other Lum thread but;
I was just curious if the detent ball will eat into the soft lamination and cause any effects over time?
There was a lum Chinese folder in zdp. I assume it was laminated.
Mostly the laminated models have been back locks.
My impression is that the cladding may not be hard (will scratch easy) but it isn't weak.
Titanium scratches pretty easy too but those frame locks are fine.
PSquared

Post by PSquared »

Can anyone that has a Lum Tanto and those other people's LFTi post a side by side comparison photo? From the images I can find on the web, they are very similar in size.

I really like the grind on the tanto compared to say the Double Bevel or LFTi grinds but I'm not sure I'm in with the natural G10 .... and very honestly, I'd have prefered VG10 but I might just bite the bullet , jump through all the Blade HQ hoops for international orders and get one. It could be a very long while before there is another sprint, particularly if it doesn't fly off the shelf.
Brock O Lee

Post by Brock O Lee »

Babalu32 wrote:I asked in the other Lum thread but;
That’s a very good point... I am curious about long term lock face wear too.
Hans

Favourite Spydies: Military, PM2, Shaman, UKPK
Others: Victorinox Pioneer, CRK L Sebenza 31, CRK L Inkosi
Jrat303

Post by Jrat303 »

I used to have a black handle with black blade lum in the early 2000’s it was the last on at their Golden Colorado shops outlet store. It was and probably still is my favorite knife I’ve owned
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

This is supposedly coming out by the end of the month, yet there is no one talking about it? I thought there would be more hype? What's the reason?

I will probably grab would to try, mainly because I love the Jade scales and have never had a Lum. But I really wish this one was Made in Golden and could use M4, Cruwear, and 52100. Those steels seem better suited. This one in the same DLC M4/Jade combo as the Manix and Made in Golden and I bet there would be some hype for sure!
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

The Japanese-made models need more powdered stainless steel blades.
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
MMGRenovations

Post by MMGRenovations »

I'm on the fence on this one. I'm not sure how big this knife is. It almost seems like it's between a military and a paramilitary 2. The size is not a problem for me or the steel since I don't have any knives in hap40. What I don't like so much are the jade scales. I only like them with a DLC knife. Not much else to do a scale swap either. I would have preferred carbon fiber on this.

P.S.- Can someone post comparison pics?
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

With a 3.875" blade it’s a lot closer in size to the Military than ParaMilitary2.

https://www.bladehq.com/item--Spyderco- ... ife--71566
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
ohcyclist

Post by ohcyclist »

Shockingly little discussion here with the release potentially in the next few days. No love for this one?
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

The tip looks different than the original.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
Strider

Post by Strider »

Yeah, I am likely out on this one. Just don't think I would use it. Hap40 makes me think this model is not intended to be a worker. However, I do love it on my caly 3.
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

I'm in. Wish they'd set the date already. Should we expect Tuesday at 10am MT again?
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

Yeah, I'm not too concerned with hype. I'll be getting this one.
Going back to Caly.
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

Strider wrote:Yeah, I am likely out on this one. Just don't think I would use it. Hap40 makes me think this model is not intended to be a worker. However, I do love it on my caly 3.

If you don't use HSS for work, then what use is it better for?
Going back to Caly.
moose1000

Post by moose1000 »

steelcity16 wrote:This is supposedly coming out by the end of the month, yet there is no one talking about it? I thought there would be more hype? What's the reason?
Butt Ugly..IMO

I will probably grab would to try, mainly because I love the Jade scales and have never had a Lum. But I really wish this one was Made in Golden and could use M4, Cruwear, and 52100. Those steels seem better suited. This one in the same DLC M4/Jade combo as the Manix and Made in Golden and I bet there would be some hype for sure!
dogrunner

Post by dogrunner »

Strider wrote:Yeah, I am likely out on this one. Just don't think I would use it. Hap40 makes me think this model is not intended to be a worker. However, I do love it on my caly 3.
Curious why you think Hap40 makes it not a worker? I really like Hap40, which has been compared to M4, which I really like.
I'm not a fan of BHQs choice of dealer exclusive scales, but they are tolerable, at least not a flashy color, so overall, I am glad they are in the works and I'm still in! It won't replace my mili (or PM2), but I will definitely put it to work.