BHQ with a hap40 Lum Tanto exclusive?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
User avatar
razorsharp
Member
Posts: 3061
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:41 pm
Location: New Zealand

Re: BHQ with a hap40 Lum Tanto exclusive?

Postby razorsharp » Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:41 am

If you think this is bitching you should see the Destiny 2 community... or the gaming community in general :p

soundshaman
Member
Posts: 104
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:24 am
Location: Netherlands

Re: BHQ with a hap40 Lum Tanto exclusive?

Postby soundshaman » Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:18 am

It sucks that some people keep that kind of childish supermarket checkout tantrums in adulthood. They have to be as loud as possible in order to get what they want...

Skidoosh
Member
Posts: 484
Joined: Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:48 pm

Re: BHQ with a hap40 Lum Tanto exclusive?

Postby Skidoosh » Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:24 am

I would hate to see this be the end of the Lum tanto. I think there is still a very high demand for it in whatever steel. This thread makes me understand why S30V is so popular on models because it is easy to work with.

User avatar
razorsharp
Member
Posts: 3061
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:41 pm
Location: New Zealand

Re: BHQ with a hap40 Lum Tanto exclusive?

Postby razorsharp » Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:36 am

steelcity16 wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:12 pm
vernonremington wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:09 pm
Won’t be buying a Seki City knife again....

I place the blame on using a them and not Golden or Taiwan. I didnt even pay attention to where it was manufactured until I received it, but like others I’m a little disappointed in this one.
I've never heard of any other QC issues with Seki models. Are there other models out of there that have been sub-par in the past few years? All of my Seki knives are perfect.
Half the Seki knives I have had have had a weird satin finish, As if the knife was run on a scotch belt at a slightly different angle to the original grind lines. i generally keep away from satin finished Seki models personally unless I know I will modify it. I dont hesitate with models from other plants tho :)

Bile Bob
Member
Posts: 96
Joined: Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:31 pm

Re: BHQ with a hap40 Lum Tanto exclusive?

Postby Bile Bob » Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:51 am

Sucky City Lol..

User avatar
SpeedHoles
Member
Posts: 2723
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:53 am
Location: Mitten

Re: BHQ with a hap40 Lum Tanto exclusive?

Postby SpeedHoles » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:05 am

Image
Image
Going back to Caly.

User avatar
holeshot
Member
Posts: 916
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:40 am
Location: San Francisco

Re: BHQ with a hap40 Lum Tanto exclusive?

Postby holeshot » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:21 am

SpeedHoles wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:05 am
Image
Image
Spot on, looks just like mine. I wish I could get the quality pics like yours. :)
"No matter where you go, there you are"

Molle Ninja
Member
Posts: 489
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:47 am

Re: BHQ with a hap40 Lum Tanto exclusive?

Postby Molle Ninja » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:41 am

steelcity16 wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:12 pm
vernonremington wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:09 pm
Won’t be buying a Seki City knife again....

I place the blame on using a them and not Golden or Taiwan. I didnt even pay attention to where it was manufactured until I received it, but like others I’m a little disappointed in this one.
I've never heard of any other QC issues with Seki models. Are there other models out of there that have been sub-par in the past few years? All of my Seki knives are perfect.
The Seki standards that I’ve picked up over the past 5 years (Ladybugs, Manbugs, Dragonflies, Delicas, Stretches, and a Jester) have all been great; no real issues. FRN or otherwise.

Exchanged a Lil Lum Sprint for some scale issues. The replacement one was better, but still not 100%.

User avatar
Shockwave
Member
Posts: 88
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:51 pm
Location: Michigan

Re: BHQ with a hap40 Lum Tanto exclusive?

Postby Shockwave » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:57 am

Having issues with a $220 knife and being piled on by the fanboys. I'm sure there are many more with the same issues that won't even post because of that. If you think their standards are to high you should check out the traditional forum and the standards that are placed on GEC for a $100 handmade knife.

ThePeacent
Member
Posts: 2847
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:45 am
Location: Barcelona, Spain

Re: BHQ with a hap40 Lum Tanto exclusive?

Postby ThePeacent » Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:24 am

regarding Seki,
I am for one happy to have knives from such a historical and knife-important city that's been working for centuries and still does
and all of my Seki folders (11) and fixed blades (5) have been immaculate and top notch quality, without issues, apart from two of the fixed blades' sheaths

User avatar
sal
Member
Posts: 12145
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2004 12:00 pm
Location: Golden, Colorado USA

Re: BHQ with a hap40 Lum Tanto exclusive?

Postby sal » Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:31 am

Hi Mbellett,

Welcome to our forum. Sorry it had to be in an uncomfortable time. This is not our usual communication style.

To all;

My apologies for letting off some steam. You did not deserve that. If you have problems with the knife and your not happy, please return it to BHQ and ask them to return the knives to Spyderco. We'll decide what to do with them. I will also discus the quality issues with my management staff and the maker. Maybe we can chill a bit?

sal

User avatar
Evil D
Member
Posts: 20294
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:48 pm
Location: Northern KY

Re: BHQ with a hap40 Lum Tanto exclusive?

Postby Evil D » Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:33 am

sal wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:31 am
Hi Mbellett,

Welcome to our forum. Sorry it had to be in an uncomfortable time. This is not our usual communication style.

To all;

My apologies for letting off some steam. You did not deserve that. If you have problems with the knife and your not happy, please return it to BHQ and ask them to return the knives to Spyderco. We'll decide what to do with them. I will also discus the quality issues with my management staff and the maker. Maybe we can chill a bit?

sal
Sal I missed out on these. When you get them back if you wanna off load one to me as a second or whatever please let me know.
SHARPEN IT LIKE YOU LOVE IT, USE IT LIKE YOU HATE IT
~David

User avatar
holeshot
Member
Posts: 916
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:40 am
Location: San Francisco

Re: BHQ with a hap40 Lum Tanto exclusive?

Postby holeshot » Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:39 am

If any do get returned, I'll gladly take one off your hands at full market price. :)
"No matter where you go, there you are"

vgex
Member
Posts: 63
Joined: Tue May 09, 2017 9:48 am

Re: BHQ with a hap40 Lum Tanto exclusive?

Postby vgex » Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:46 am

razorsharp wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:41 am
If you think this is bitching you should see the Destiny 2 community... or the gaming community in general :p
I am still bitter about D2. Demanded a refund for CoO. Won't touch another Bungie product until D3, at earliest, if there even is a D3.

These knives are beauties. Gosh dang I'm sorry I missed it. Some very nice pics in this thread.

User avatar
ZrowsN1s
Member
Posts: 4796
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:08 pm
Location: San Diego, California USA

Re: BHQ with a hap40 Lum Tanto exclusive?

Postby ZrowsN1s » Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:49 am

Evil D wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:33 am
sal wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:31 am
Hi Mbellett,

Welcome to our forum. Sorry it had to be in an uncomfortable time. This is not our usual communication style.

To all;

My apologies for letting off some steam. You did not deserve that. If you have problems with the knife and your not happy, please return it to BHQ and ask them to return the knives to Spyderco. We'll decide what to do with them. I will also discus the quality issues with my management staff and the maker. Maybe we can chill a bit?

sal
Sal I missed out on these. When you get them back if you wanna off load one to me as a second or whatever please let me know.
I would be interested in picking one up as well.
Carrying 3 knives is perfectly normal :D
-Matt

vgex
Member
Posts: 63
Joined: Tue May 09, 2017 9:48 am

Re: BHQ with a hap40 Lum Tanto exclusive?

Postby vgex » Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:01 pm

ZrowsN1s wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:49 am
Evil D wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:33 am
sal wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:31 am
Hi Mbellett,

Welcome to our forum. Sorry it had to be in an uncomfortable time. This is not our usual communication style.

To all;

My apologies for letting off some steam. You did not deserve that. If you have problems with the knife and your not happy, please return it to BHQ and ask them to return the knives to Spyderco. We'll decide what to do with them. I will also discus the quality issues with my management staff and the maker. Maybe we can chill a bit?

sal
Sal I missed out on these. When you get them back if you wanna off load one to me as a second or whatever please let me know.
I would be interested in picking one up as well.
Count me in for a seconds, also.

User avatar
DirtMcGirt
Member
Posts: 865
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:31 pm
Location: USA Illinois

Re: BHQ with a hap40 Lum Tanto exclusive?

Postby DirtMcGirt » Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:56 pm

sal wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:31 am
Hi Mbellett,

Welcome to our forum. Sorry it had to be in an uncomfortable time. This is not our usual communication style.

To all;

My apologies for letting off some steam. You did not deserve that. If you have problems with the knife and your not happy, please return it to BHQ and ask them to return the knives to Spyderco. We'll decide what to do with them. I will also discus the quality issues with my management staff and the maker. Maybe we can chill a bit?

sal

I’ll admit I was initially put off by the steam being let off. But after chilling out and re-reading posts, it seems to me that Sal spent almost an entire Saturday reading and responding to issues regarding,at most, only a few hundred knives. This man oversees production of tens of thousands of knives in multiple countries around the world. And yet, his day off was spent focusing on a very limited sprint. That time could’ve/should’ve been spent relaxing with his family. When I do finally get mine(Monday hopefully), it will be cherished. I will continue to spend my money with this amazing company. After all, I think this whole situation proves that it is run and managed by actual people that are subject to all the same feelings and emotions as the rest of us. And maybe sometimes, the benefit of the doubt should be given rather than received.
“My job? Boilers and toilets, toilets and boilers. Plus that one boiling toilet. Fire me if you dare.”
-Scruffy Scruffington

Molle Ninja
Member
Posts: 489
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:47 am

Re: BHQ with a hap40 Lum Tanto exclusive?

Postby Molle Ninja » Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:52 pm

Agreed.

User avatar
mb1
Member
Posts: 919
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:47 am
Location: Southeast, US

Re: BHQ with a hap40 Lum Tanto exclusive?

Postby mb1 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:21 pm

Sal, you rock. I’m glad to see that you are indeed human. ;) Hope to get a chance to chat at Blade.
- Mark

"Don't believe everything you think." -anonymous wise man

Tdog
Member
Posts: 1764
Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:04 pm
Location: The woods of Florida

Re: BHQ with a hap40 Lum Tanto exclusive?

Postby Tdog » Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:11 pm

W7H2O wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:51 am
To much negativity here.
If you don't like it ... return it. Buy something else.
Fishing for something else is half of the fun.
As our buddy Bloke says in his signature line: A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin


Return to “Spyderco General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], David R, Doeswhateveraspidercan, DukeNiemand, Google [Bot], Larrin, Mattysc42, MSN [Bot], Peter1960, phaust, Ratamaque, rcwill98, The Meat man and 36 guests