CBSA going after flipper type opening

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
dc50

Re: CBSA going after flipper type opening

Post by dc50 »

BrianMcCord wrote:
dc50 wrote:
BrianMcCord wrote:
I hope this resolves itself, or I imagine there will be consequences when it comes time to vote.
Exactly! Although by the time the next election comes around we will be a real tree hugging country. :eek:
demoncase

Post by demoncase »

BrianMcCord wrote:Fixed blades deploy much faster. Draw it from sheath and its in operation. Even autos require an extra step (draw, deploy, then in operation). Both can be easily concealed, so what makes any type of folder any more dangerous? I guess I just don't get it...
Now....what you've done there is attempt to apply logic and reasonable thought to the law- and especially the law on "weapons" when it's created by lawyers, civil servants and politicians.

Don't. You'll end up with heartburn.
Warhammer 40000 is- basically- Lord Of The Rings on a cocktail of every drug known to man and genuine lunar dust, stuck in a blender with Alien, Mechwarrior, Dune, Starship Troopers, Fahrenheit 451 and Star Wars, bathed in blood, turned up to eleventy billion, set on fire, and catapulted off into space screaming "WAAAGH!" and waving a chainsaw sword- without the happy ending.

https://www.instagram.com/commissarcainscoffeecup/
KingRat

Post by KingRat »

Just purchased a backup Chinook 4, from a Canuck dealer. I would have waited, but with everything going on I didn't want to chance the wait and end up without one.

Maybe I should bury my spares. I feel like a rebel.

I'd still like to chance the border, just to see what happens, but not with a knife this costly.
Chinook3

Post by Chinook3 »

KingRat wrote:Just purchased a backup Chinook 4

Dilly Dilly!
My response is "Just because you can't see it, doesn't mean it isn't there, it just means you can't see it". Sal G.
PaleMoon

Post by PaleMoon »

I was just in Canada and had a friend ship me a Military across the border. Didn't know this new law was in place, otherwise I'd have picked it up on my next visit to the USA, but it arrived no problems. The fact it didn't come in a box labeled "BladeHQ" or "KnifeCenter" probably helped, but I just thought I'd share my experience here.

Sounds to me like the border inspectors didn't get a nice haul over the holidays and decided to make up for it by arbitrarily changing the rules. I live in a fairly corrupt country with very shady customs, and what CBSA is doing still comes off as completely unfair to me.
The problem of a coherent civilization is the problem of living with ignorance and not being frustrated by it.
Dazedandconfused

Post by Dazedandconfused »

Does anybody have an interpretation if the pivot pin is removed completely? I'd rather avoid the game and do a little reassembly at home.
adancingmonkey

Post by adancingmonkey »

Has anyone brought a Manix 2 across the border into Canada since January 5th?
Current favorite: Manix 2 with carbon fiber scales and cru-ware.
SharpieB

Post by SharpieB »

adancingmonkey wrote:Has anyone brought a Manix 2 across the border into Canada since January 5th?
I was going to order one of the BHQ Manix 2’s but changed my mind after I received a letter from CBSA stating that they had confiscated a knife being shipped to me and will let me know in 6-8 weeks if it is admissible. This was a $15 knife, but I will not be chancing losing a $150+ knife.

To answer your question, I personally have not heard of anyone bringing a Manix 2 into Canada successfully in the last few weeks. It is the luck of the draw though as they don’t open every package.
adancingmonkey

Post by adancingmonkey »

Well I guess I'm a gambling man now.
Current favorite: Manix 2 with carbon fiber scales and cru-ware.