Crappy service & product

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Ippon

Re: Crappy service & product

Post by Ippon »

WorkingEdge

Post by WorkingEdge »

standy99 wrote:That's why I always carry fixed blades between my teeth instead of a sheath.
Made me LOL and making this thread worth reading!
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

Don't feed the TROLLS!
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Avocado

Post by Avocado »

I wore my Darn Dao to Disneyland and now it's gone. I think it fell out while I was eating a corndog on It's a Small World After All. Sent proof to SpyderCo and asked for an identical replacement, but they appear hesitant to replace my lost sword even though it's clearly a manufacturing defect. The nerve!

To summarize: Darn Darn Dao Disappered During Dinner @ Disneyland; Duplicate Denied - D'oh!
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Avocado wrote:I wore my Darn Dao to Disneyland and now it's gone. I think it fell out while I was eating a corndog on It's a Small World After All. Sent proof to SpyderCo and asked for an identical replacement, but they appear hesitant to replace my lost sword even though it's clearly a manufacturing defect. The nerve!

To summarize: Darn Darn Dao Disappered During Dinner @ Disneyland; Duplicate Denied - D'oh!
lmao you had me going there for a second
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

bearfacedkiller wrote:Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most.
Yep! My sig line! :D
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

Hey, kevinsknives:
First, welcome to our forum. I'm not sure that you'll see this since you haven't logged back in since about 25 minutes after your post but with the thought that maybe you're reading without logging back in I wanted to reply.

I did a little research and I did find the e-mail that you sent to us through the contact form on our site. It looks like our outlet store staff did reply to you on 8-Jan. Perhaps it's trapped in a spam folder? I will admit that it did take us a little longer than we would have liked to reply. With the holidays I'm afraid we were stretched pretty thin. I would always recommend a phone call follow up just to be sure we received the e-mail (or to see if we have an unusual backlog). Technology is fantastic but I've found that it's not always all it's cracked up to be. I think you'll find that we make every effort to be fair, honest, and proper. We'd certainly appreciate the opportunity to prove that to you.

I am sorry for the issue that you've experienced with your Aqua Salt. It is a very unfortunate situation to be sure. We do take every warranty request on a case-by-case basis, but it's difficult to cover a lost item. Do you have your original purchase receipt from Amazon? If you do, please e-mail me a copy of the receipt (include your contact information) and I'm happy to see if there is anything we can do. I can't guarantee anything but I'm willing to take your information and try. If you're willing, please e-mail me at forums@spyderco.com.

I hope to hear from you. Make it a good day!

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
ThePeacent

Post by ThePeacent »

A class act from Kristi, totally unnecessary given the aggressive and uncollaborative stance of the OP.
But still had to be said that you and Spydiecrew (as usual) went off the charts and did more than was necessary, not to deceive any customer and keep improving.
Holzfaeller

Post by Holzfaeller »

The last time I lost a knife, I complained for two days, but I had no one to blame.

Now that I think about it, I'm still a little mad.
setldown

Post by setldown »

Interesting thought. Most all of us purchase knives with credit cards and some cards offer "Purchase protection". In essence if your purchase is lost or stolen within a certain amount of time (usually 90 days) CC company will refund your purchase amount.