Crappy service & product

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
kevinsknives

Crappy service & product

Post by kevinsknives »

EDIT:
Returned box, remaining parts and receipt. Spyderco sent me a new blade.

LAFF! Read a few replies... wow.... just, wow.
Had a fixed blade in my Amazon cart for 2 years; for when I had the money to make the purchase. Got it 'new' as a Christmas gift. Fixed it to my belt, walked to the beach, got to my fishing spot and all that was left of my new knife was a clip and half of the hardware components. I hadn't even owned the knife 48 hours when the two screws and bolts that fastened the clip and sheath together seperated.
Notified Spyderco 2 weeks ago. Not even a response was given. I have real life responsibilities that don't include wasting my time in forums so all my positive feedback about Spyderco was directly to family, friends, coworkers and peers. Instead of informing these people of the quality, I'll be happy to inform them of the lack thereof, customer service included.
Last edited by kevinsknives on Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Demon85z

Re: Crappy service & product

Post by Demon85z »

kevinsknives wrote:Had a fixed blade in my Amazon cart for 2 years; for when I had the money to make the purchase. Got it 'new' as a Christmas gift. Fixed it to my belt, walked to the beach, got to my fishing spot and all that was left of my new knife was a clip and half of the hardware components. I hadn't even owned the knife 48 hours when the two screws and bolts that fastened the clip and sheath together seperated.
Notified Spyderco 2 weeks ago. Not even a response was given. I have real life responsibilities that don't include wasting my time in forums so all my positive feedback about Spyderco was directly to family, friends, coworkers and peers. Instead of informing these people of the quality, I'll be happy to inform them of the lack thereof, customer service included.
what knife was this?
:bug-red-white I collect them all, and use them all! I use the excuse, "I'm trying to find the perfect one", but in reality, they are all perfect in their own way!
Archimedes

Post by Archimedes »

It took you 2 years to save up to buy a knife and then you lost it. That is a bummer.
Spydersense

Post by Spydersense »

Before you go bashing on Spyderco, perhaps you could tell us which model of knife this was? Where was the knife purchased? It could be a fake for all we know.
Time for another :spyder:!

-Matt
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Troll????
Not all who wander are lost!!!

Of all the paths you take in life...
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!! ;)
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Interesting first post. He skips taking the usual shot at Spyderco and directs it at us, the members of the forum.

Way to change it up!

If I lost something I bought or was given to me, I would blame myself and not the company that made the item I lost. I’m sure you’ll blame Spyderco and the screws not being tight from the factory or something. I can assure you, before I attach anything to my belt for the first time I check everything over. This is also assuming you’re not referring to a g-clip that was reconfigured into a different position by you (whoops).
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I'd try to help but I don't want to waste any more of your real life responsibility time on a forum. Best of luck :D
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

:confused:
Josh
holeshot

Post by holeshot »

Evil D wrote:I'd try to help but I don't want to waste any more of your real life responsibility time on a forum. Best of luck :D
Well, I have no problem wasting more of his time. You said you received the knife for Christmas, maybe you weren't as good as you thought you were last year and the big guy loosened the screws on the sheath before he left it under your tree. Don't blame Spyderco or this fourm, talk to Santa. :D
"No matter where you go, there you are"
SharpieB

Post by SharpieB »

How could you not know a blade was at least a tiny bit loose let alone 2 screws with loc-tite just about to both fall off at the same time? Maybe someone is trying to injure you.

At least the positive is that the loose falling blade didn’t cut off your nads then your big toe.
ross8425

Post by ross8425 »

First thing I do with every knife is tighten any clip, screws and adjust the pivot.. I am curious what you expected the customer service to say?
remnar

Post by remnar »

Sorry you lost your knife. I don't know if it was a faulty clip or not so I'll let you hash that out with W&R. As far as communicating with W&R goes, I wish you luck. In my experience it can be difficult but other than that I think they do a good job. Try calling AND emailing again.
SC_PATRIOT

Post by SC_PATRIOT »

If it took you 2 years to save up for a knife there are some underlining uses.....I believe it took me 2 seconds to determine TROLL. You are the end user so it is your responsibility. Uhhh why am I even replying to this thread.
SpyderEdgeForever

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

Liquid Cobra wrote:Interesting first post. He skips taking the usual shot at Spyderco and directs it at us, the members of the forum.

Way to change it up!

If I lost something I bought or was given to me, I would blame myself and not the company that made the item I lost. I’m sure you’ll blame Spyderco and the screws not being tight from the factory or something. I can assure you, before I attach anything to my belt for the first time I check everything over. This is also assuming you’re not referring to a g-clip that was reconfigured into a different position by you (whoops).

Excellent response, LiquidCobra. Perfectly said my friend. What ever happened to personal accountability, right?
SG89

Post by SG89 »

cringiest thread ever?
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I have never heard of a warranty that covers loss. There is no way to prove anything was lost. Dishonest people would be trying to hustle companies right and left. Shoot, I lost a Nirvana, can I get another? :rolleyes:

It is unfortunate that W&R hasn't got back to you yet but I wouldn't expect much in regards to your issue.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
npad69

Post by npad69 »

Spydergirl88 wrote:cringiest thread ever?
nah.. the guy who wished for a rainbow-colored PM2 with a flipper still takes the cake
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

Never understood people who blame others for their mistakes. Not wanting to go where that would lead.
cringiest thread ever?
If not then one of the most ever.

Joe
Sirens1

Post by Sirens1 »

The screws probably rattled loose from bouncing around in your cart for two years. I tend to check all the connections on something before I fix it to my person, but hey, I'm weird like that.
standy99

Post by standy99 »

That's why I always carry fixed blades between my teeth instead of a sheath.
Im a vegetarian as technically cows are made of grass and water.