Blade Show 2018 !!!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
curlyhairedboy

Re: Blade Show 2018 !!!

Post by curlyhairedboy »

I think I might be able to go next year. Gotta pay off my wedding :P
EDC Rotation: PITS, Damasteel Urban, Shaman, Ikuchi, Amalgam, CruCarta Shaman, Sage 5 LW, Serrated Caribbean Sheepsfoot CQI, XHP Shaman, M4/Micarta Shaman, 15v Shaman
Fixed Blades: Proficient, Magnacut Mule
Special and Sentimental: Southard, Squarehead LW, Ouroboros, Calendar Para 3 LW, 40th Anniversary Native, Ti Native, Calendar Watu, Tanto PM2
Would like to own again: CQI Caribbean Sheepsfoot PE, Watu
Wishlist: Magnacut, Shaman Sprints!
MCM

Post by MCM »

mb1 wrote:
Richierich252000 wrote:
mb1 wrote:So...if I just planned to attend Friday, or maybe Friday and Saturday, would I regret not staying longer? I know it's a big show. I'm wondering if I will have seen what I want to see after the first day. Do they keep you hooked with daily deals and lotteries? I'm guessing 2 days might be the sweet spot.
In my opinion 2 days would be more than enough time to see everything for your first trip. Second trip you have more of a lay of the land and then start to explore other things as well.

Rich (Candyman)
That's kind of what I was thinking. It's an important consideration when every night in a hotel is like chucking a Spydie out the window! :eek: :D

Agree, going 2 days early to help a friend set up. $$$$ Its fun though. No complaints..........
:spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder:
More S90v & CF please.......
Hopweaver

Post by Hopweaver »

So excited! I just booked my hotel. This will be my second year in row. Last year was amazing. I took my son and he picked out his first Spyderco, a Delica Wave. He is 10 yrs old. He wants to go back this year too. Undoubtedly to get another Spyderco out of dear old Dad.

This year the Braves are playing home games right across the street, so I bought us tickets for that too on Saturday evening. There are no big league teams in Indiana, so this will be a treat for us.

Maybe someone from Spyderco can chime in if they will make Blade Show tickets available to Forum members again this year? That was so cool last year.
:bug-red Make time for the important things in life, and learn to enjoy the little things more. :bug-red
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

I booked my hotel last week. I tried to halfway organize a get together for some of the forum members last year but not much came of it. I did get to meet 4 or 5 of you by chance at the show, but if anyone wants to get together for breakfast or something that first morning I would be there for sure. Chime in here if anyone is interested and we'll try to come up with an easy plan before June.

p.s. I haven't seen a baseball game in 20 years. That sounds like a great idea!
araneae

Post by araneae »

Not sure, starting a new job in a couple weeks so may have to pass. I went a few years back and it was a blast!
So many knives, so few pockets... :)
-Nick

Last in: N5 Magnacut
The "Spirit" of the design does not come through unless used. -Sal
mb1

Post by mb1 »

I’m game for a Spydie meal. Just not sure if I’ll be there Thurs or Fri in time for the early bird access.
- Mark

"Don't believe everything you think." -anonymous wise man
sal

Post by sal »

What do you think of a Spyderco "bug" necklace with your screen name engraved on it?

sal
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

sal wrote:What do you think of a Spyderco "bug" necklace with your screen name engraved on it?

sal
I would definitely buy one.
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
koenigsegg

Post by koenigsegg »

I really want to try to make it this year
S30V, VG10, M4, XHP, BD1, Cruwear, Elmax, Maxamet, 204P, H1, K390, A11, Rex45, LC200N, M390, 20CV, BD1N, S45VN waiting to afford MagnaCut
Paracelsus

Post by Paracelsus »

sal wrote:What do you think of a Spyderco "bug" necklace with your screen name engraved on it?

sal
Was that your 10,000th post, Sal?
Spydersense

Post by Spydersense »

sal
How about for the Oregon show too Sal? :D
Time for another :spyder:!

-Matt
Wanimator

Post by Wanimator »

I'd love a piece of Spyderco jewelry. I want to try to make it this year. Getting a room by the time I would be able to find it all out will be the issue though.
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

I'd definitely be in for a "bug" necklace! Would love to finally go but, as much as I would like to try and make it this year, I have a trip to Colorado already booked 2 weeks following Blade show, so it seems unlikely for me :(

Wanimator wrote:I'd love a piece of Spyderco jewelry. I want to try to make it this year. Getting a room by the time I would be able to find it all out will be the issue though.

If you run into trouble finding a hotel room, I would suggest looking into the service "AirBnB"! I've used it many times and have always been able to find a good place to stay for a reasonable price.
-Nick :bug-red
Hopweaver

Post by Hopweaver »

sal
This is why you have all the good ideas. :cool: What a cool way to identify each other as we make our way around the show. I would totally buy one of these.
:bug-red Make time for the important things in life, and learn to enjoy the little things more. :bug-red
Candyman

Post by Candyman »

Anyone know any good restaurants out there? I think my favorite so far was Pappaduex’s but I haven’t ventured out to that many places.

Rich
Think for yourself
sonarsessions

Post by sonarsessions »

Honestly I’m kind of surprise that there hasn’t been much talk about it yet from sal, kristi and co. As I remember them starting a thread about blade last year. Believe it not that’s actually how I found out it was here in GA lol...
"All good, just different." :D

Current Spyderco's: C240CFP Smock CF S30V, C11PBK Saber Grind Delica 4 Black VG10, C101PBN2 Manix 2 Brown CTS XHP, C28PBK2 Dragonfly 2 FRN Black VG10, C223GP Para 3 Black G10 S30V, C28GRE2 Dragonfly 2 British Racing Green ZDP-189, C28ZFPGR2 Dragonfly 2 Zome VG10, C41PBK5 Native 5 FRN Black S35VN, C101PDBL2 Manix 2 Dark Blue S110v, C94PDBL UK PenKnife Lightweight Dark Blue FRN S110V, C41PDBL5 Native 5 Dark Blue S110V, C11FPWCBK Wharncliffe Delica 4 Black VG10, C10PSFG Endura 4 Foliage Green Combo VG10, C11FPBN Flat Ground Delica 4 Brown VG10
J Smith

Post by J Smith »

My hotel room is already paid for. Just looking to score a VIP pass right now.
J Smith

Post by J Smith »

Candyman wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:36 pm
Anyone know any good restaurants out there? I think my favorite so far was Pappaduex’s but I haven’t ventured out to that many places.

Rich
I don't venture out in Atlanta much at all. You can find yourself in a very bad place very quickly unless you really know the area. The Marietta Dinner is close to the show. I never have any time to go out anywhere. I go down on Saturday morning,eat breakfast on the way,eat lunch at the Galleria and go to the hotel for a shower and clothing change before returning for the Busse induction dinner that runs well into the AM. I then go to the hotel and sleep for about 4 hours get up eat breakfast at the hotel or the Waffle House and head back to the show.
Candyman

Post by Candyman »

J Smith wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:59 pm
Candyman wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:36 pm

Rich
I don't venture out in Atlanta much at all. You can find yourself in a very bad place very quickly unless you really know the area. The Marietta Dinner is close to the show. I never have any time to go out anywhere. I go down on Saturday morning,eat breakfast on the way,eat lunch at the Galleria and go to the hotel for a shower and clothing change before returning for the Busse induction dinner that runs well into the AM. I then go to the hotel and sleep for about 4 hours get up eat breakfast at the hotel or the Waffle House and head back to the show.

Thanks for the tip on the Marietta Diner!!! That food looks phenomenal!!!

Rich
Think for yourself
rwasham

Post by rwasham »

I'll be there!