I love the Spyderco Endura

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Squirrelcop

Re: I love the Spyderco Endura

Post by Squirrelcop »

I have owned an endura since I think 1988 or 89 I have owned at least one ever since and it is really the only "real" knife I need. I also use a dragonfly as a money clip since I can't carry a knife at work and a ladybug on my keychain. Haven't failed to carry a spyderco in over 30 years. Squirrelcop
Lumpy

Post by Lumpy »

I just recently got an endura (ffg, VG10, green) and I’m absolutely blown away by it. Picked it up to have a larger back lock knife for outdoors use, but I think it’s going to end up being carried way more often than I thought. Great knife!
Last edited by Lumpy on Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

I love mine too! It's such a classic design.
Barry

Bonne Journey!

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword

Do what you can, where you are, with what you have! Theodore Roosevelt

MNOSD member 0032
DOUBLE D

Post by DOUBLE D »

Wartstein wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:24 am
Rather thin blade (though it could be thinner for me: The 2.5mm of the Delica instead of the 3.0 mm) that is still very strong and has that a bit reenforced tip

I come back after a little forum break and the endura is getting a whole lot of love!!

I had sharpened my endura enough that it was starting to look a bit... thick behind the edge, and chunky compared to a new one. It wasn’t bad, but something I noticed. So I went and bought a cheap 1x30 belt sander and did my own regrind. It so so simple it was nearly idiot proof. Now my Supergold Endura is 2mm at the thickest part of the spine. It cuts so so nice. And the regrind took all the unsightly scratches on the laminate off. It looks great, like a new knife.
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

Awesome job!
Barry

Bonne Journey!

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword

Do what you can, where you are, with what you have! Theodore Roosevelt

MNOSD member 0032
Diamondback

Post by Diamondback »

...yesterday I received a SS etched handle Endura and the Sprint Teal S30v in the mail. That makes ten that I own and use.
Chieforman

Post by Chieforman »

I want to love the Endura but it is a bit too big for my hand and pocket. Prefer ergonomics on Native.
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Chieforman wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:38 am
I want to love the Endura but it is a bit too big for my hand and pocket. Prefer ergonomics on Native.

Endela?
A bit shorter (Manix-ish length but obviously less wide) and a tiny tad more handfilling handle than the Endura (due to the mellowed out "points" between the finger grooves).

Plus: Available in imho the perfect serration pattern in ffg.
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Chieforman wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:38 am
Added to my post above:
For illustration, top to bottom: Endura, Endela, Manix
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
jkurtz7

Post by jkurtz7 »

I love the Endura, it just fits my hand well. For me it’s my second favorite Spyderco design after the DF2.
Dragonfly 2 Wharncliffe - Dragonfly 2 - Dragonfly 2 Damascus - Urban Sprint AEB-L - Pacific Salt - Endura 4 - Ulize - Para 3 LW - Dragonfly 2 Salt
elena86

Post by elena86 »

I love the gen2 and gen3 Endura in hollow grind with pointy tip. In spyderedge of course. The gen 4 Endura is not my cup of tea. I mostly dislike the handle. It’s just... ugly and longer that it needs to be.
Marius

" A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it "
( Rabindranath Tagore )

Proud member of the old school spyderedge nation :bug-white-red
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

Doc Dan wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:05 am
I got a shock. I thought for a second SEF had returned.

I also love the Endura, quite a lot.
Haha! Me too....
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Squirrelcop,

Welcome to our forum.

I'm currently carrying the Pacific 2 in LC plain and Gail is testing the same with teeth. (we're in Hawaii).

sal
Rusty_Shackelford

Post by Rusty_Shackelford »

Hawaii sounds like the perfect place to field test the Pacific. Sign me up if additional testing is needed.

Are the Pacific and Endura identical with the exception of liners and steel?
TenGrainBread

Post by TenGrainBread »

My dark green ZDP Endura is probably my most carried folder. In theory I like finger choil Spydercos better but the Endura is the perfect size. Luckily I can mix it up with a Native Chief and Police 4 periodically.
Cycletroll

Post by Cycletroll »

I have scores of fancy coveted exclusive knives in exotic steels and yet I find an Endura in my pocket in excess of 50% of the time. It is truly a great design!
Make me one in Cruwear and I'd be over the moon ;)
(Although I must admit Super Gold fills that niche pretty dang well :)
poolhustler

Post by poolhustler »

I carried an Endura II long ago for many many years. I have always had one or two NIB in my safe but just recently started to collect them a few weeks ago. I have my original Endura somewhere, but no idea where I put it. I will also build a nice Endura 4 to add to my EDC line up very soon.
z4vdBt

Post by z4vdBt »

Endura ZDP-189 + Pacific Salt 2 straight spine mod.

Colorodo

Post by Colorodo »

I carry a Endura and Delica at work everyday.
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

Enduras since 1992. I always have one around even when using other knives. I've been loving these non stainless versions and each new one that gets released has me planning ahead to grab one. Not one has disappointed me either. I have every version except the SG2 stainless one. I didn't bother to fight to get that one since I'm no stranger to SG2 and have had several knives in that steel.

My favorite Endura versions are Super Blue, Hap 40 and I expect to like K390 as I liked it in the Police. I'm another one that hopes to get a Cruwear model some day.