Too early to be excited for SHOT Show?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
abbazaba

Re: Too early to be excited for SHOT Show?

Post by abbazaba »

Not sure what the attraction is to the Techno2 over the original, but I love the Slysz designs so I will eventually give it a shot.

Brouwer seems like it has potential. Agreed about the clip placement.

Like the looks of the Mantra3. Why ditch the M4 on the Mantra? What does Mantra mean here?

Curious about the Amalgam, but whats up with the weak finger choil?

Smock Lock!

:spyder:
TriggerThumb

Post by TriggerThumb »

abbazaba wrote:Not sure what the attraction is to the Techno2 over the original, but I love the Slysz designs so I will eventually give it a shot.

Brouwer seems like it has potential. Agreed about the clip placement.

Like the looks of the Mantra3. Why ditch the M4 on the Mantra? What does Mantra mean here?

Curious about the Amalgam, but whats up with the weak finger choil?

Smock Lock!

:spyder:
I wondered the same about that choil lol
Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.

-Henry David Thoreau
TriggerThumb

Post by TriggerThumb »

T_MAC686 wrote:
Mushroom wrote:Love seeing new collaborations! Spyderco Smock looks fantastic! Big fan of the wharncliffe blade on that one and the low profile front flipper tab! Modified compression lock is really cool too!
Definitely a cool looking knife but I feel like that "choil" would get hung up on all sorts of stuff.. I LOVE that flipper tab though!
I agree, but it adds so much to the aesthetics of that imho BEAUTIFUL blade shape I don't even mind lol. And I'm religiously against sharpening coils and flippers. What has spyderco done to me :(
Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.

-Henry David Thoreau
T_MAC686

Post by T_MAC686 »

TriggerThumb wrote:
T_MAC686 wrote:
Mushroom wrote:Love seeing new collaborations! Spyderco Smock looks fantastic! Big fan of the wharncliffe blade on that one and the low profile front flipper tab! Modified compression lock is really cool too!
Definitely a cool looking knife but I feel like that "choil" would get hung up on all sorts of stuff.. I LOVE that flipper tab though!
I agree, but it adds so much to the aesthetics of that imho BEAUTIFUL blade shape I don't even mind lol. And I'm religiously against sharpening coils and flippers. What has spyderco done to me :(
Haha yea it definitely makes the knife unique looking, and that wharncliffe is one sweet looking blade
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

I’m not sure I see how the Techno 2 is going to be better then the Techno but I’ll have to add it to the collection since I have all the other Marcin Slysz knives. As far as the other new releases, I’m not really impressed at the moment.
Josh
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

About the only knife that kind of interests me so far is the Mantra 3. I'm definitely not thrilled about the choice of S30V instead of M4. Looks like the detent is fairly snappy though. I'm really happy with the Mantra I already have so not sure I'll buy the M3.

That Smock is also interesting. I do like the flipper and the button comp lock but not sure about the rest of it.

So far no "must haves" for me. Probably a good thing since I already have several of the sprint runs on pre-order.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

Some interesting new designs there (some not the most eye-catching though in true Spyderco form ;))!

Some crazy green ano’d standoffs on the Techno 2 :D, but we yearn for the return of a larger Slysz design soon (2019 please!). A few Insingo-style wharnies is always a wonderful thing.

A little less of that awful (sorry, it’s awful) G10/CF laminate from Taichung would be great! Can’t you ship those guys some proper CF?!?

Will we see more new releases tomorrow?
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King