Invitation to the 14th Amsterdam Spyderco meet 2018

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
User avatar
Nemo3000
Member
Posts: 417
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2005 7:15 am
Location: Paris, France
Contact:

Re: Invitation to the 14th Amsterdam Spyderco meet 2018

Postby Nemo3000 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:33 am

Thank you Ted !! :-)
#8 !
Last edited by Nemo3000 on Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
tonijedi
Member
Posts: 771
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:08 am
Location: Portugal

Re: Invitation to the 14th Amsterdam Spyderco meet 2018

Postby tonijedi » Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:55 am

Can't make it. But I'm glad to see so many Spyder fans here in Europe!

haayema
Member
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:01 am
Location: Netherlands

Re: Invitation to the 14th Amsterdam Spyderco meet 2018

Postby haayema » Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:54 am

I remember last year I could still sign up after the invite was posted a week or so before.
This year went way quicker!

User avatar
toomzz
Member
Posts: 1355
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:31 am
Location: Netherlands Earth

Re: Invitation to the 14th Amsterdam Spyderco meet 2018

Postby toomzz » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:23 am

Nemo3000 wrote:Thank you Ted !! :-)
#8 !
That is Sal's collectors-number ;)

User avatar
Mad_Medic
Member
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:10 pm

Re: Invitation to the 14th Amsterdam Spyderco meet 2018

Postby Mad_Medic » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:06 am

Thanks Ted!
#5 and looking forward to my first Spyderco Meet.
:)
Top 5 Spydies: Para 3, Paramilitary 2, Native 5 Shaman and the Dragonfly 2.
Top 5 knife steels: Cruwear, S110V, S35VN, M4 and 20CV.
My favourite new acquisition of 2019 is the Shaman Micarta Cruwear, it's awesome :) :spyder:

JAfromMN
Member
Posts: 1487
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:41 pm
Location: MN

Re: Invitation to the 14th Amsterdam Spyderco meet 2018

Postby JAfromMN » Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:07 pm

One year ill be there.

You all have a great time.

ThePeacent
Member
Posts: 2847
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:45 am
Location: Barcelona, Spain

Re: Invitation to the 14th Amsterdam Spyderco meet 2018

Postby ThePeacent » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:01 pm

Jan D. wrote:mail sent hope to see you all again


Jan Dox

My wife just reminded me i will be in Barcelona that weekend

maybe 2019


Jan
beautiful time of the year to visit my city.
Now, don't buy any Spydercos here when you're around! :o

haayema
Member
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:01 am
Location: Netherlands

Re: Invitation to the 14th Amsterdam Spyderco meet 2018

Postby haayema » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:14 am

Any idea when the people on the waiting list (#81 - #86) will hear if they may or may not attend?
A buddy of mine is on the list.

Ted
Member
Posts: 3762
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2004 10:33 am

Re: Invitation to the 14th Amsterdam Spyderco meet 2018

Postby Ted » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:37 am

Hi, as soon as someone has cancelled, I'll invite the next one on the list. No cancellations so far ...

User avatar
Larry_Mott
Member
Posts: 2228
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:00 am
Location: Helsingborg, Sweden

Re: Invitation to the 14th Amsterdam Spyderco meet 2018

Postby Larry_Mott » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:20 am

Just wondering - i will arrive saturday to the hotel, will there be some informal "pre meeting ..meeting"? :)
That is, is someone else too arriving saturday with nothing special to do?
"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
//Eva Mott R.I.P.

User avatar
Joris Mo
Member
Posts: 1071
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:51 am
Location: Amsterdam, NL.

Re: Invitation to the 14th Amsterdam Spyderco meet 2018

Postby Joris Mo » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:00 am

Larry_Mott wrote:Just wondering - i will arrive saturday to the hotel, will there be some informal "pre meeting ..meeting"? :)
That is, is someone else too arriving saturday with nothing special to do?
I'm not sure wether I'll have anything planned for saturday but I live in Amsterdam so in case it's too quiet over there I might be able to come over to the hotel or meet up elsewhere. :)

User avatar
elena86
Member
Posts: 2714
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:59 am
Location: Somewhere in Europe

Re: Invitation to the 14th Amsterdam Spyderco meet 2018

Postby elena86 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:41 am

Ted wrote:Hi, as soon as someone has cancelled, I'll invite the next one on the list. No cancellations so far ...
Hey TED, I contacted the Mercure Amsterdam AirPort Hotel calling the phone number you provided and tried to make a reservation for the meeting but they told me that it’s not possible because the meeting is not scheduled in their system ?! What’s going on ?!
Marius

" A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it " ( Rabindranath Tagore )

User avatar
Larry_Mott
Member
Posts: 2228
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:00 am
Location: Helsingborg, Sweden

Re: Invitation to the 14th Amsterdam Spyderco meet 2018

Postby Larry_Mott » Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:00 am

Joris Mo wrote:
Larry_Mott wrote:Just wondering - i will arrive saturday to the hotel, will there be some informal "pre meeting ..meeting"? :)
That is, is someone else too arriving saturday with nothing special to do?
I'm not sure wether I'll have anything planned for saturday but I live in Amsterdam so in case it's too quiet over there I might be able to come over to the hotel or meet up elsewhere. :)
Thanks man, as an alien in Amsterdam i appreciate it :)
"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
//Eva Mott R.I.P.

User avatar
Larry_Mott
Member
Posts: 2228
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:00 am
Location: Helsingborg, Sweden

Re: Invitation to the 14th Amsterdam Spyderco meet 2018

Postby Larry_Mott » Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:01 am

elena86 wrote:
Ted wrote:Hi, as soon as someone has cancelled, I'll invite the next one on the list. No cancellations so far ...
Hey TED, I contacted the Mercure Amsterdam AirPort Hotel calling the phone number you provided and tried to make a reservation for the meeting but they told me that it’s not possible because the meeting is not scheduled in their system ?! What’s going on ?!
They didn't know about it in the reception last year either until sunday.. I almost s*** myself :)
"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
//Eva Mott R.I.P.

User avatar
elena86
Member
Posts: 2714
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:59 am
Location: Somewhere in Europe

Re: Invitation to the 14th Amsterdam Spyderco meet 2018

Postby elena86 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:13 am

Larry_Mott wrote:
elena86 wrote:
Ted wrote:Hi, as soon as someone has cancelled, I'll invite the next one on the list. No cancellations so far ...
Hey TED, I contacted the Mercure Amsterdam AirPort Hotel calling the phone number you provided and tried to make a reservation for the meeting but they told me that it’s not possible because the meeting is not scheduled in their system ?! What’s going on ?!
They didn't know about it in the reception last year either until sunday.. I almost s*** myself :)
You lost me ....wait...it’s a joke...
Marius

" A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it " ( Rabindranath Tagore )

User avatar
Larry_Mott
Member
Posts: 2228
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:00 am
Location: Helsingborg, Sweden

Re: Invitation to the 14th Amsterdam Spyderco meet 2018

Postby Larry_Mott » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:05 am

elena86 wrote:
Larry_Mott wrote:
elena86 wrote:
Ted wrote:Hi, as soon as someone has cancelled, I'll invite the next one on the list. No cancellations so far ...
Hey TED, I contacted the Mercure Amsterdam AirPort Hotel calling the phone number you provided and tried to make a reservation for the meeting but they told me that it’s not possible because the meeting is not scheduled in their system ?! What’s going on ?!
They didn't know about it in the reception last year either until sunday.. I almost s*** myself :)
You lost me ....wait...it’s a joke...
No, i am dead serious. I asked the receptionist last year saturday, the day before the meet and she was like Spyder..who?
After breakfast sunday they had a digital booking board with "Conferenceroom bla bla - Spyderco"
"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
//Eva Mott R.I.P.

Ted
Member
Posts: 3762
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2004 10:33 am

Re: Invitation to the 14th Amsterdam Spyderco meet 2018

Postby Ted » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:36 am

Don't worry - the meet is scheduled.

About the meet - still getting people trying to join, so I'm sorry having to put this out here so "loud" but

*** WE ARE FULLY BOOKED - THERE ARE NO MORE SEATS AVAILABLE ***

User avatar
elena86
Member
Posts: 2714
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:59 am
Location: Somewhere in Europe

Re: Invitation to the 14th Amsterdam Spyderco meet 2018

Postby elena86 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:08 pm

Ted wrote:Don't worry - the meet is scheduled.

About the meet - still getting people trying to join, so I'm sorry having to put this out here so "loud" but

*** WE ARE FULLY BOOKED - THERE ARE NO MORE SEATS AVAILABLE ***
I spoke THIS MORNING with someone from the Mercure Amsterdam West Hotel ( previous Airport, they changed their name BTW ) and they told me the meet is not scheduled. First they asked me to e-mail( on an adress they gave me from the desk) to Accor.com asking for a reservation and I received the same replay: “ this event is not scheduled in our system “. So, this morning
I phone called the hotel on the number you provided and they confirmed. They said they can’t offer me a discount since the event is not scheduled. To be sure, I asked them if they hosted the meet last year and they confirmed. This is frustrating, to say at least :( I could forward you the email I received from Accor, Ted ...
Marius

" A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it " ( Rabindranath Tagore )

Ted
Member
Posts: 3762
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2004 10:33 am

Re: Invitation to the 14th Amsterdam Spyderco meet 2018

Postby Ted » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:34 am

Hi elena86, I can assure you that the meeting is scheduled. I cannot explain why the desk at the hotel tells you otherwise.

User avatar
Larry_Mott
Member
Posts: 2228
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:00 am
Location: Helsingborg, Sweden

Re: Invitation to the 14th Amsterdam Spyderco meet 2018

Postby Larry_Mott » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:36 am

I don't know if Accor have some sort of central booking. I wasn't joking when i said they didn't know anything about the meet until the same day it went down last year..
"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
//Eva Mott R.I.P.


Return to “Spyderco General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Stuart Ackerman, Sumdumguy, Superfool, Wartstein, WRB and 27 guests