Confessional

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
bearfacedkiller

Re: Confessional

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Surfingringo wrote:My confession is that after taking the "Inferior steel challenge" I have kind of become a fan of 8cr13mov. :o
Careful, if you fall off the hype train there is no getting back on. ;)
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
SG89

Post by SG89 »

dplafoll wrote: First, that Chaparral is an absolutely perfect knife to slot in between the DF2 and Delica, and I think it's probably better than both in some way or another.
Second, my Spydie confessional is that I've probably bought too many knives this year and I probably need to stop. LOL
I've tried to stop. it's impossible especially with how many new releases spyderco puts out. and your new releases threads don't make it any easier lol. I was thinking yesterday that I think the chap lw has superceded the delica4 and df2 lw in my p4p rankings... :eek:
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
SG89

Post by SG89 »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Surfingringo wrote:My confession is that after taking the "Inferior steel challenge" I have kind of become a fan of 8cr13mov. :o
Careful, if you fall off the hype train there is no getting back on. ;)
what if you fall off the hype train and get caught underneath it and still get dragged along the tracks lol
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
elena86

Post by elena86 »

My confession is that I like 8cr13mov more than CTS-BD1 :D. Imagine that :eek:
Marius

" A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it "
( Rabindranath Tagore )

Proud member of the old school spyderedge nation :bug-white-red
Nate

Post by Nate »

Evil D wrote: I can sort of relate. Since my job and uses have changed and I use knives far less these days I've started favoring steels more by how they sharpen and take an edge than by how long they hold an edge.
Yeah, that could be confession part 2 for me. I've never had much patience for sharpening. I really like steels I can take from butter knife dull back to shaving freehand in a couple of minutes, typically with just the fine side of a cheap Norton economy stone and a brown Sharpmaker rod.
dplafoll wrote: Second, my Spydie confessional is that I've probably bought too many knives this year and I probably need to stop. LOL
Haha, I went waaay beyond what I thought I would spend in 2017 as well. I think I bought like a dozen and sold 2, that balances out right? :confused:

Already plan to buy at least 3 from the 2018 catalog...
:spyder:
gaj999

Post by gaj999 »

My confession is actually a confession. I didn't buy any Spydies this year. Last year was disappointing for me with a Nillakka that was really thick behind the edge and a Puukko that has a thin handle for the style. None of this years closeouts did much for me and MAP has taken all the fun out of bargain hunting. I finally soothed my new knife need by picking up something from another company. It's American made, sweet design, good workmanship, thin blades, and a decent price. It hits all the buttons and I couldn't be happier. I had started carrying a Stockman again and this kicked that right out of my pocket. I haven't carried a Spydie for a while now other than when I go out running or hiking. I carry my Centofante 4 IWB for running and I have the Puukko and a couple of Mules in my hiking rotation along with a few others.
cabfrank

Post by cabfrank »

Nate wrote:
Evil D wrote: I can sort of relate. Since my job and uses have changed and I use knives far less these days I've started favoring steels more by how they sharpen and take an edge than by how long they hold an edge.
Yeah, that could be confession part 2 for me. I've never had much patience for sharpening. I really like steels I can take from butter knife dull back to shaving freehand in a couple of minutes, typically with just the fine side of a cheap Norton economy stone and a brown Sharpmaker rod.

I confess to still loving H1, even in plain edge, and this is why.
Holzfaeller

Post by Holzfaeller »

I, as well, haven't bought a new Spyderco in quite some time, aside from a gift for my brother in law. The price and quality of Spyderco knives make them a lifetime investment and I have enough to fill every need. To fill my desires, I'm looking for something different. Right now, I enjoy the warmth of natural handle materials over the performance of the latest steel and if I want more performance, I can carry my PM2, which will still be going strong when my heirs carry it.
Cheddarnut

Post by Cheddarnut »

Spydergirl88 wrote:Well....
At first I thought the chap lw should've weighed less than it does and was kind of disappointed that it had a steel backspacer.
After carrying it awhile, I was wrong. I love everything about this knife. It has totally kicked the df2 out of my pocket and this knife is my current absolute favorite. Shaboy is en route tho ;)

So anyone else have any spydie confessionals they need to get off their chest?
I dont really need to carry a knife, but i do so partly to compensate for my perceived inferiority in bed.
cabfrank

Post by cabfrank »

In that case, you should get the upcoming Spyderco Respect. :D
remnar

Post by remnar »

My confession, I'm not getting a Spyderco for Christmas. This might be the first time in more than 5 years. I even went to a local warehouse sporting goods store with intentions to buy myself a Spyderco for Christmas, but even with the stores 20% off all knives making the Spydercos below MAP, I still couldn't bring myself to plunk down the cash and decided to go with something from another maker that I thought was a better value.
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

My honest confession, is that I have gone overboard on my Spyderco purchases. It’s time to pump the brakes, enjoy and use what I have.
Josh
Molle Ninja

Post by Molle Ninja »

My confession is that I haven't really cut anything with nearly all of them.

There, I said it.