I wish Spyderco would make...

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Sharp Guy

Re: I wish Spyderco would make...

Post by Sharp Guy »

Spydergirl88 wrote:Lil Native compression lock version with fluted carbon fiber with s90v
Excellent thought!! Bring it! That would solve my dilemma of really wanting the fluted cf Native but not being able to justify buying it because I already have the 40th Native. I want a Lil Native so I'd be all over the Spydergirl88 version!
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
SC_PATRIOT

Post by SC_PATRIOT »

Manix 2 XL in Cruwear, s110v, or M4
Joris Mo

Post by Joris Mo »

Just thought about this again because of the "PITS get one before they're gone" thread, have always loved the PITS and always wanted a basic lockback version of it as well. Would personally prefer it in FRN with lockback, Native 5 style. :)
Once that version is in production I would love to see a version with a slightly pointy sheepfoot with a bit of belly in the edge. :D
Maybe keep a slipit version as well so they can stay legal in places where knife laws are quite uptight. ;)
Hopweaver

Post by Hopweaver »

A folding box cutter knife.

Just imagine the superior ergos on a Spyderco box cutter knife. It would blow the competition away. It is about 70/30 among my friends who use these instead of pocket knives. They just change out the blades instead of sharpening them. It is a huge market.

Box cutters have changed a lot over the years. They are not the box cutters I grew up with. They fold, have locking mechanisms, easier to change out blades (do not need a screw driver), etc. Here is a picture of some current folding box cutter designs.

Plus I selfishly want a Spyderco one in my tool box! How cool would that be :)
:bug-red Make time for the important things in life, and learn to enjoy the little things more. :bug-red
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Hopweaver wrote:A folding box cutter knife.

Just imagine the superior ergos on a Spyderco box cutter knife. It would blow the competition away. It is about 70/30 among my friends who use these instead of pocket knifes. They just change out the blades instead of sharpening them. It is a huge market.

Box cutters have changed a lot over the years. They are not the box cutters I grew up with. They fold, have locking mechanisms, easier to change out blades (do not need a screw driver), etc. Here is a picture of some current folding box cutter designs.

Then they would have to start doing sprint runs of disposable blades in Superblue, M4, M390, Hap40, etc!! ;)
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
Hopweaver

Post by Hopweaver »

steelcity16 wrote:Then they would have to start doing sprint runs of disposable blades in Superblue, M4, M390, Hap40, etc!! ;)
That's just crazy enough to work. :)

Or even better, Mule Team blades for the Spyderco Box Cutter in new exotic steels.
Last edited by Hopweaver on Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
:bug-red Make time for the important things in life, and learn to enjoy the little things more. :bug-red
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

steelcity16 wrote:

Just imagine the superior ergos on a Spyderco box cutter knife. It would blow the competition away. It is about 70/30 among my friends who use these instead of pocket knifes. They just change out the blades instead of sharpening them. It is a huge market.

Then they would have to start doing sprint runs of disposable blades in Superblue, M4, M390, Hap40, etc!! ;)
They make a Yo2 in S90V.... Box cutter on steriods.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

i'm putting together my list...it is quite long :D
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Golden-made full Salt Models of the Military, PM2, Para 3, Native 5 (full liners...not linerless), Shaman, and Lil' Native Backlock in LC200N with Translucent Yellow G10 like the knives in the photos. Plain edge, serrated, and DLC plain, and DLC serrated of each.

Japan-made full Salt models in the same yellow G10, with plain and serrated, satin and black H1 steel. Dragonfly, Delica, Stretch, Endura, Worker, Rookie, Caly 3, Caly 3.5, Caly Jr., Police 4, Catcherman, Jester, Manbug, and Dragonfly! :)

steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

steelcity16 wrote:
Japan-made full Salt models in the same yellow G10, with plain and serrated, satin and black H1 steel. Dragonfly, Delica, Stretch, Endura, Worker, Rookie, Caly 3, Caly 3.5, Caly Jr., Police 4, Catcherman, Jester, Manbug, and Dragonfly! :)
Oh, might as well throw a Lum Tanto in there as well...and maybe a Superhawk...and an Impala...and a Perisan 2...and a Small Persian 2... :eek:
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I wish Spyderco would make a 1095 folder made in Golden with a 3D contoured handle (D'Allara 2 style)and a blade similar to the Spydiechef but with a slightly negative blade angle. 3.75 inches in the blade but designed like the Lil Temp so the edge comes all the way to the handle, and the handle allows your hand to get close to the edge (heck just give it the same handle as the Lil Temp just make it 3D contoured). Polished black G10 is fine but I'd also be fine with FRN.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
TriggerThumb

Post by TriggerThumb »

Just imagine the superior ergos on a Spyderco box cutter knife. It would blow the competition away. It is about 70/30 among my friends who use these instead of pocket knives. They just change out the blades instead of sharpening them. It is a huge market.

I think a spydie box cutter would turn out similiar to the milwaukees. My fave utility knives.

My vote is for a screw together manix lw with a non caged ball lock. Idk if screw together is possible with lw? Or one with milled titanium liners. Any good blade steel im sure would suffice. Maxamet, s110v etc.
Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.

-Henry David Thoreau
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

More kitchen knives.

Serrated bread in H1 with flat peel ply blurple g10 scales.

Small 3 inch plain edge laminated superblue paring knife with flat peel ply blurple g10 scales

10 inch thin blade plain edge laminated superblue slicer/carving knife with flat peel ply blurple g10 scales

8 inch laminated superblue plain edge chefs knife with flat peel ply blurple g10 scales

large CPM 3V Cleaver with flat peel ply blurple g10 scales

small CPM 3V cheese cleaver with flat peel ply blurple g10 scales

hap40 cheese knife set with flat peel ply blurple g10 scales
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

... self sharpening knives! :rolleyes:
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
TriggerThumb

Post by TriggerThumb »

Bloke wrote:... self sharpening knives! :rolleyes:
I thought thats what s110v was for?? :D
Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.

-Henry David Thoreau
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

TriggerThumb wrote:
Bloke wrote:... self sharpening knives! :rolleyes:
I thought thats what s110v was for?? :D
Boom, Boom! Ah, hahaha! :)
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
Tdog

Post by Tdog »

Mantra 2 XL, 4"-4 1/2" LC blade, bronze washers. I could probably start thinning the herd a bit. :)
airstream66

Post by airstream66 »

Delica and Endura are icons. But the compression lock is supreme. I think there needs to be something very much like the Para 3 but in the standard FRN and colors (gray, brown, blue, purple) in right and left hand versions. I don't see how a line like this wouldn't have huge immediate demand. But don't forget the lefties and/or those righties who would rather use their thumb. I'll try to think of a good name for said new classic.
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

I object to box cutters, they go against my blade religion. ;)

Also happy anniversary, been here just over a year now
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
shaztec

Post by shaztec »

...a lefty pm2 s110v sprint...
shaztecs_knives on instagram