Para3

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Canazes9

Para3

Post by Canazes9 »

Haven't seen a lot of buzz about the Para3 lately, thought I would weigh in with my recent experience. My knife tastes are pretty vanilla compared to a lot of guys on this board. I tend to like medium large folders, and stainless steel in my pocket knives. My primary carry pocket knife these days is a S110v PM2, swapped out with a s110v Military when I'm outdoors/at the camp.

My dad tends to like smaller pocket knives. I purchased a matching pair of S110V Native5's for us last year. He loves his, uses it all the time. My Native 5 has never grown on me or consequently, been carried much. I like FRN and backlocks, swap my PM2 out with my ZDP-189 Endura frequently - just didn't like the Native.

This year I picked up A S110v Para3 for my dad for Chistmas, ordered a short MXG deep carry titanium clip to go with it. Knife arrive today and I must say I'm impressed! I unboxed it and installed the MXG clip and of course I had to play with it a little bit before I put it away. This is a great sized little knife - small enough to be more comfortable to carry, yet large enough and sturdy enough to handle any EDC task. I may have to purchase one of these for my own!

David
Termite Toothpick

Re: Para3

Post by Termite Toothpick »

You hit the nail right on the head! It is sturdy...just like the PM2...it has all the beef where it is needed. It is just a little smaller. I love mine!
Dragonfly G-10, Blurple PM2, Para3, Jani-Song, Dragonfly2 ZDP-189, Lil' Native, Chaparral LW, Delica WC HAP40, Para3 M4, HH UKPK S30V, Para3 LW, Para3 LW M390, Meerkat V-TOKU2, M4 Sage 5 LW, Urban Ivory Damasteel, Leaf Storm

:bug-white-red -Derek
Spydersense

Post by Spydersense »

I love the Para 3. Especially the Cruwear and S110V.
Time for another :spyder:!

-Matt
Drewthebrave

Post by Drewthebrave »

I ordered a partial-serrated Para 3 S30v for my brother as a gift, and he absolutely loves it. I couldn't find a Paramilitary 2 partial-serrated, so I settled on the Para 3. Honestly, I don't feel like it was much of a compromise going with the smaller knife. It really feels like it can handle anything I'd ever want to use it for, and I love the positive action on the compression lock. If I could only have one knife, I'd be pretty dang happy with a Para 3. It makes me happy to see my brother carrying it every time I see him.
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

I carried my S30V Para 3 at work today. I have the Cruwear P3 too but still like to carry and use the S30V model sometimes
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
SF Native

Post by SF Native »

Love my cruwear p3. Most on my 2018 wish list are para 3 varients. Hope to get 2 or 3. 52100 for sure. Maybe s110v. The brown s35vn is tempting but pricy for that spec. S90v with carbon should also be off the hook. Oh yeah, maxamet if that is still happening. Bring them on.
holeshot

Post by holeshot »

Great call on the clip. I have 3 PM3s and I put those clips on each. :)
"No matter where you go, there you are"
SharpieB

Post by SharpieB »

Canazes9 wrote:Haven't seen a lot of buzz about the Para3 lately, thought I would weigh in with my recent experience. My knife tastes are pretty vanilla compared to a lot of guys on this board. I tend to like medium large folders, and stainless steel in my pocket knives. My primary carry pocket knife these days is a S110v PM2, swapped out with a s110v Military when I'm outdoors/at the camp.

My dad tends to like smaller pocket knives. I purchased a matching pair of S110V Native5's for us last year. He loves his, uses it all the time. My Native 5 has never grown on me or consequently, been carried much. I like FRN and backlocks, swap my PM2 out with my ZDP-189 Endura frequently - just didn't like the Native.

This year I picked up A S110v Para3 for my dad for Chistmas, ordered a short MXG deep carry titanium clip to go with it. Knife arrive today and I must say I'm impressed! I unboxed it and installed the MXG clip and of course I had to play with it a little bit before I put it away. This is a great sized little knife - small enough to be more comfortable to carry, yet large enough and sturdy enough to handle any EDC task. I may have to purchase one of these for my own!

David
Thanks David,

You just cost me $35 shipped for a sliver of titanium. :p

Glad you mentioned the MXG clip as the only thing I don’t love about my Para 3’s is the clip. I should say... the clip is fine, but the way it carries in my front pocket is terrible.

The deep carry clip will like make it my perfect EDC knife.
ivtecdaily

Post by ivtecdaily »

Bought my first Para 3 when the Cruwear dropped. Immediately after receiving it, I found another and ordered a backup. Looking forward to buying a few more as more sprints drop. My perfect EDC. I'm a lefty by the way and the compression lock is totally doable and comfortable to me. A left handed Para 3 would be really cool though, take my money.
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

I'm giving serious consideration to selling my blurple pm2 so I can buy a blurple para 3. The cruwear para3 is awesome :D
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

ZrowsN1s wrote:I'm giving serious consideration to selling my blurple pm2 so I can buy a blurple para 3. The cruwear para3 is awesome :D
Originally, my plan was to sell my PM2s once the Para 3s came out. I can't do it! My Cruwear PM2 is an excellent example and my black DLC & red M390 are pretty good too. As much as I like the size of the Para 3 sometimes I want a bigger knife. PM2 blackout is riding IWB today with a Delica in RFP.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Canazes9

Post by Canazes9 »

It's odd - I felt the Para3 was essentially a PM2 for people that couldn't legally carry the PM2 due to blade length restrictions. Because I had no such restrictions, I essentially dismissed the Para3 without ever picking one up. It's funny how quickly my perception of this knife changed once I had one in my hand!

David
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Sharp Guy wrote:
ZrowsN1s wrote:I'm giving serious consideration to selling my blurple pm2 so I can buy a blurple para 3. The cruwear para3 is awesome :D
Originally, my plan was to sell my PM2s once the Para 3s came out. I can't do it! My Cruwear PM2 is an excellent example and my black DLC & red M390 are pretty good too. As much as I like the size of the Para 3 sometimes I want a bigger knife. PM2 blackout is riding IWB today with a Delica in RFP.
It was hard to pass on the red m390, I really hope they make a para3 like that. I've been wanting to try m390 for a while.

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
SharpieB

Post by SharpieB »

ZrowsN1s wrote:
Sharp Guy wrote:
It was hard to pass on the red m390, I really hope they make a para3 like that. I've been wanting to try m390 for a while.
Good point. That would be killer.

I don’t NEED a 3rd Para 3, but that would make me hit “place order”.
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

...but what if you misplace the other 2? :D better get another just to be safe, a backup backup.