A Wharncliffe Slip-It?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Johnnie1801

A Wharncliffe Slip-It?

Post by Johnnie1801 »

Just wondering if there are any plans to add a wharncliffe slip joint to the line up, would be pretty cool to have one in FRN with a nice steel. Maybe they could use an existing handle like the UKPK or Urban?
Currently enjoying Spyderco's in - S30V, VG10, Super Blue, Cruwear x4, CTS XHP, S110V x2, M4 x3, S35VN, CTS 204P x2, S90V, HAP 40, K390, RWL34, MAXAMET, ZDP 189, REX 45

Jon
RadioactiveSpyder

Re: A Wharncliffe Slip-It?

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

Hi Jon, there was the orange G10 Urban Wharncliffe and there's now FRN Urbans, seems only sensible they could run a wharnie FRN Urban. :)

Image courtesy of KnifeCenter
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
Johnnie1801

Post by Johnnie1801 »

Oh I forgot about that one, doh! Now just add some elmax or m390 with a bit of frn and I'm in :p :D
Currently enjoying Spyderco's in - S30V, VG10, Super Blue, Cruwear x4, CTS XHP, S110V x2, M4 x3, S35VN, CTS 204P x2, S90V, HAP 40, K390, RWL34, MAXAMET, ZDP 189, REX 45

Jon
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

Just curious, why a slip it? If you live in Europe or NYC I get it, but otherwise why?
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Since an Urban wharncliffe has already been produced, maybe it’s time for a wharncliffe UKPK! I know they had the rescue years back, but pointy wharncliffes are all the rage these days. :D
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

There's never been a Ti Urban, either ....
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

ChrisinHove wrote:There's never been a Ti Urban, either ....
True. But I know the titanium squeak and titanium lingo sprints didn’t sell very well. I’d be shocked if they did a titanium urban at this point.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
Larry_Mott

Post by Larry_Mott »

A Terzuola slip it remake would be nice :)
"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
//Eva Mott 1941 - 2019. R.I.P.
SF Native

Post by SF Native »

There was a kiwi slip joint too. I think it was a budget knife. Not sure if a kiwi with a better steel blade would really sell though as a slip joint or lock back.
Lbblue

Post by Lbblue »

I, for one, feel an FRN Wharnie Urban would be my dream knife. I would love to see Cutlery SHoppe have one made, in orange, maybe XHP or M390 :D
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

Wharncliffe Caly, would be my strong vote...

But as to not detract from the original request, I'd really dig a k390 version of the Orange wharnie Urban!
I have one swapped into a leaf green handle that I carry a bit. Great blade shape, and of course ergos!
Going back to Caly.
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

SpeedHoles wrote:I'd really dig a k390 version of the Orange wharnie Urban!
I couldn't pass that one up. Grey would be fine too. I've been wanting an orange G10 Urban to match my orange UKPK but high prices have scared me away. I'd be up for a FRN version.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

Sharp Guy wrote:
SpeedHoles wrote:I'd really dig a k390 version of the Orange wharnie Urban!
I couldn't pass that one up. Grey would be fine too. I've been wanting an orange G10 Urban to match my orange UKPK but high prices have scared me away. I'd be up for a FRN version.

Oh yeah, I don't have much color preference, was just referring to the orange variation that was already released. So, there is indeed tooling, so there is a glimpse of hope! :)
Going back to Caly.
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Lbblue,

Welcome to our forum.

sal
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

Wharnie Urban would be nice. :)
Johnnie1801

Post by Johnnie1801 »

twinboysdad wrote:Just curious, why a slip it? If you live in Europe or NYC I get it, but otherwise why?
To be honest in the past I would have thought the same but now I'm on board with the slip its. I don't think it matters much where you live, a non locking knife can always be useful. I usually carry 2 knives and my primary knife will always be a locking folder but a larger one like a PM2 or Military. I like to carry a smaller knife as my secondary in my watch pocket and my k390 Urban fits that role really well. Using a larger knife in public will almost always draw the knife fright/rabbit in the headlights look but when I use my Urban no one bats an eyelid.
Larry_Mott wrote:A Terzuola slip it remake would be nice :)
Funny you mention Bob T. a while back on instagram he mentioned to me that he'd love to do another collab with Spyderco

Jon
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I'm kinda curious how well a waved slip joint would work. It would be pretty convenient to snap it out of your pocket, cut something, then fold it against your hip and reclip into your pocket.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Larry_Mott

Post by Larry_Mott »

Johnnie1801 wrote:
twinboysdad wrote:Just curious, why a slip it? If you live in Europe or NYC I get it, but otherwise why?
To be honest in the past I would have thought the same but now I'm on board with the slip its. I don't think it matters much where you live, a non locking knife can always be useful. I usually carry 2 knives and my primary knife will always be a locking folder but a larger one like a PM2 or Military. I like to carry a smaller knife as my secondary in my watch pocket and my k390 Urban fits that role really well. Using a larger knife in public will almost always draw the knife fright/rabbit in the headlights look but when I use my Urban no one bats an eyelid.
Larry_Mott wrote:A Terzuola slip it remake would be nice :)
Funny you mention Bob T. a while back on instagram he mentioned to me that he'd love to do another collab with Spyderco
I'm sure he isn't the only one who'd love a new Terzuola Spyderco!!
"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
//Eva Mott 1941 - 2019. R.I.P.
Joris Mo

Post by Joris Mo »

Would love to see the Urban Wharnie in FRN and a UKPK in FRN with a somewhat pointy sheepfoot with a slight trailing point giving it some belly near the tip.
(I'd get the Urban and a couple of those UKPK's)
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

Joris Mo wrote:Would love to see the Urban Wharnie in FRN and a UKPK in FRN with a somewhat pointy sheepfoot with a slight trailing point giving it some belly near the tip.
(I'd get the Urban and a couple of those UKPK's)

UKPPT? :p
Going back to Caly.