Missed the boat one the Slysz Bowie

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
FullCircleHook

Missed the boat one the Slysz Bowie

Post by FullCircleHook »

I’m really disappointed in that and it being discontinued. I was moving into a new house and just couldn’t justify it.

Anybody aware of any smaller outlets that might still have one?
abbazaba

Re: Missed the boat one the Slysz Bowie

Post by abbazaba »

I was surprised how quickly they disappeared after the announcement too. Your best bet at this point is probably watching for a used one. I'm guessing anyone with a NIB example is looking to profit.
FullCircleHook

Post by FullCircleHook »

Yeah, they are going quick on The Exchange. I’m keeping my eyes open, but I was hoping someone had a secret. Haha
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Country knives but you won't like the price there :eek:
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
FullCircleHook

Post by FullCircleHook »

Yikes, but thanks for the heads up! I think I’ll have to wait for a used one at that price. I still appreciate it!
J.Sib84

Post by J.Sib84 »

I think I waited 3 days after I saw the announcement of it being discontinued that I finally decided to pony up the cash for one. By that time it was sold out everywhere I looked. It has been on my Want list for a while but I wasn't able to really justify the price. Regreting it now. Still want the Spydiechef .
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Seemed anyways like the Slyz Bowie sold really well....
At any rate, I would LOVE to see another with a 4" blade and 204P
FullCircleHook

Post by FullCircleHook »

J.Sib84 wrote:I think I waited 3 days after I saw the announcement of it being discontinued that I finally decided to pony up the cash for one. By that time it was sold out everywhere I looked. It has been on my Want list for a while but I wasn't able to really justify the price. Regreting it now. Still want the Spydiechef .
Alright, that makes never feels bit better then. I’m obviously way late. Just wondering with this type of demand if another run wasn’t warranted.
toomzz

Post by toomzz »

You are not the only one, I am also late and still wanting this Slysz-model. Indeed they were fast gone after the announcement of being disco'd
curlyhairedboy

Post by curlyhairedboy »

I think they languished for a while on shelves due to the expectation that they'd always be around. why buy now if you can get a cheaper, more exciting sprint first?

then the announcement happened, and those who needed em got em.
EDC Rotation: PITS, Damasteel Urban, Shaman, Ikuchi, Amalgam, CruCarta Shaman, Sage 5 LW, Serrated Caribbean Sheepsfoot CQI, XHP Shaman, M4/Micarta Shaman, 15v Shaman
Fixed Blades: Proficient, Magnacut Mule
Special and Sentimental: Southard, Squarehead LW, Ouroboros, Calendar Para 3 LW, 40th Anniversary Native, Ti Native, Calendar Watu, Tanto PM2
Would like to own again: CQI Caribbean Sheepsfoot PE, Watu
Wishlist: Magnacut, Shaman Sprints!