Thanks Bandwagon

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
rgrad80

Re: Thanks Bandwagon

Post by rgrad80 »

Welcome. I can’t wait to see your collection 12 months from now...these knives are very addictive!

The PM2 is just such a great knife to begin your journey with. Truth is, you will eventually end up owning a PM2 at some point...just get it out of the way now:)

I own more PM2 than any other knife, but it’s not my “favorite” knife to carry, as I like the bigger Spyderco options.
Days without buying a Spyderco: 35

You always have a choice.
RobDigi

Post by RobDigi »

Last edited by RobDigi on Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
RobDigi

Post by RobDigi »

Yup PM2 for sure!
But if it must be sub 3 inch

Chaparall ( any version handle material love it )...
Lil Native, PM 3, Manbug, Dragonfly, Delica, Mantra 1 or 3 ...
all readily available and good choices.

Leave Techno 2 for me :-)
Spyderman91

Post by Spyderman91 »

You will be driving the wagon when you start anticipating sprint runs of your favorite model <.<

Welcome to the forum, as to the knives you are considering...

I have experience with the PM2 and the Shaman, and depending on what you plan to use it for... The PM2 is a great all arounder, but some think it's a little bit on the "bigger side". In my subjective opinion it is perfect, lightweight and slim... but a little long in the pocket but hardly noticeable. I haven't tried a lil native... but I own a shaman and love that beast of a knife. So I can imagine a mini me version would be just as capable and very user friendly.

I've looked at the chaparral.. but haven't had the chance to try it yet, always seemed interesting. It definitely looks thin and slicey, probably would make an excellent edc if you aren't trying to cut anything too tough. However, for a little more (roughly 17ish for 100 bucks) you could get a backlock manix 2made in the Golden USA. It is a discontinued model, so once they're gone they're gone and personally I really like the blade profile of the manix 2. They still have them in stock at Knifecenter and BladeHQ I believe for the above price.

Like every Spyderco out the box... it cuts like a Samurai sword and I have never been disappointed by any edge received from this great company.