VTOKU Sprint Run

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
BrianMcCord

Re: VTOKU Sprint Run

Post by BrianMcCord »

levs18 wrote:
ThePeacent wrote:another vote for more Emersons +1
Hawkbills/Reverse S in this steel look interesting too
I’m hoping we can get a bunch of support for an Emerson endura. I think that model has been deserving of a steel upgrade for quite a while. I would like to add to my collection...

You need the Bayou Shooter Endurance, that thing is awesome! I'm looking forward to the Stretch, myself.
-Brian

Son's Collection: H1 Rescue Manbug, Tenacious

Rescue 79mm Orange, Cat BD-1, Effecient, Pingo Orange FRN, T-Mag, Urban K390, Lil' Native, Sliverax, Para 3 S110V, Caly 3 HAP 40, R Nishijin, Mantra, Manix 2 LW S110V, Manix 2 Black, Delica 4 Black, PM2 Digi, PM2 Black, Yojimbo 2, Native 5 LW, Dragonfly 2, Military 204P, Wolfspyder, Techno, HAP 40 Ladybug, H1 Hawkbill Ladybug, Blue Persistence, Bradley 2, UKPK SE Gin-1

Looking for an Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation Enduring Freedom Native. :spyder:
ThePeacent

Post by ThePeacent »

levs18 wrote:
ThePeacent wrote:another vote for more Emersons +1
Hawkbills/Reverse S in this steel look interesting too
I’m hoping we can get a bunch of support for an Emerson endura. I think that model has been deserving of a steel upgrade for quite a while. I would like to add to my collection...

those are really pretty knives right there.
Excellent trio!! :rolleyes:
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Now that I've calmed down a little and realized I can't buy every knife that Syderco is putting out in 2018 (I do get exited) :D I'm in for a Hawkbill Dragonfly, Emerson Delica, and Lil Matriarch.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
Mastermachetier

Post by Mastermachetier »

Any ideas when these sprints are coming out ? I missed out on the super blue and certainly don’t want to miss out getting an endura in this sprint !
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Mastermachetier wrote:Any ideas when these sprints are coming out ? I missed out on the super blue and certainly don’t want to miss out getting an endura in this sprint !
Best place to check is the "delivered and upcoming" releases thread. But not sure yet, other than sometime in '2018'.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
rwponline

Post by rwponline »

Over the years my Emerson Endura has probably had more pocket time than anything in my rotation other than the Caly3. So thin, light, and fast out of the pocket with the Emerson opener and the FRN texture. It's also a bit of a study in compromise, with the saber grind giving it a strong piercing tip and thick Emerson wave hook, but really hurting the slicing ability for EDC tasks. Now that the Police 4 is dominating my rotation, I may finally try to re-profile the old VG-10 Endura Wave to a bit more of a slicer.

Having said all that (and knowing that this thread is pretty old), an Emerson Endura in a carbon steel would be a no-brainer for me.
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

Intrigued.

I'd definitely like to see more options for the Lil Matriarch!
Going back to Caly.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

PE Lil Matriarch would have me giddy.

A waved Delica would be cool.

Is there still a mold for an frn Cricket? I carry a Cricket from time to time.

I know folks want another Jester.

A PE Dragonhawk would also be appealing.

If we are talking about non frn then sign me up for a G10 R model.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

bearfacedkiller wrote:PE Lil Matriarch would have me giddy.

A waved Delica would be cool.

Is there still a mold for an frn Cricket? I carry a Cricket from time to time.

I know folks want another Jester.

A PE Dragonhawk would also be appealing.

If we are talking about non frn then sign me up for a G10 R model.

Absolutely want to see a Jester in this and future Sprint runs...and back in standard production (with FRN...maybe VG-10, ZDP, and H1 FS Salt?!?)! PLEASE make this happen Sal!
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

+1 more for a Jester and the obvious PE Lil Matriarch.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
Wanimator

Post by Wanimator »

Why no hype for the Stretch here?
bearfacedkiller

I think we are assuming the Stretch will be included and are just naming other models we want as well.

I am in for a Stretch and a Delica like usual. :)
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

Wanimator wrote:Why no hype for the Stretch here?

I think the Stretch 2 is already confirmed for the run, and of course, would be one of the models I would personally purchase!

Maybe it's sounding like other blade variations of the usual suspects are up for a possible run, like maybe there will be excess blade steel left...? So people are throwing out ideas for that possibility.

Along with the Lil Matriarch, all the mention of the Jester has me voting for that as well. I just bumped an old Jester Sprint thread, so anyone interested please chime in there as well! :spyder:
Going back to Caly.
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

bearfacedkiller wrote:I think we are assuming the Stretch will be included and are just naming other models we want as well.

I am in for a Stretch and a Delica like usual. :)

Yep, same here!
Going back to Caly.
ConspicuousConsumption

Post by ConspicuousConsumption »

I already made my Stretch pre-order on KC
The first time I saw a Spyderco was the early 90s at a knife shop in a mall. I can still see the SpydieHoles through that glass display cabinet. My parents wouldn't buy any of them for me... so now I buy them all. :spyder:
Wanimator

Post by Wanimator »

I'd like a Vtoku Cricket or something else I could use like an Xacto cutting for my art.
Mastermachetier

Guys how do you think this VTOKU will compare to the super blue sprint.
bearfacedkiller

I think most will find it very similar to super blue. They are not exactly the same but considering the broad spectrum of steels available today they are more similar than different.

I think that for those who missed out on the Super Blue sprints this should be very exciting.
-Darby
Mastermachetier

Color me excited for this sprint run then. Still kicking myself for missing a chance of getting a super blue endura.
gingerninja

Post by gingerninja »

Mastermachetier wrote:Any ideas when these sprints are coming out ? I missed out on the super blue and certainly don’t want to miss out getting an endura in this sprint !
KC still have their hap40 pakawood endura