Persian Sprint Run

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
murphjd25

Persian Sprint Run

Post by murphjd25 »

Since we’re all on the kick of asking for knives, I’d really like to ask for a new Sprint Run of Ed Schemps Persian, specifically the large 2. Carbon fiber or maybe green g10, and either HAP40 or Superblue. Maybe even the new steel that’s coming out next year from Japan? I wish I was around or even knew about Spyderco at the time these were out. IMO the Persian is one of the most beautiful Blade shapes out their.
Josh
elena86

Re: Persian Sprint Run

Post by elena86 »

I had a small one with black micarta handle.My most beautiful Spyderco ever.I loved and treasured it.It was stolen from me.I still mourn it.Enough said.
Marius

" A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it "
( Rabindranath Tagore )

Proud member of the old school spyderedge nation :bug-white-red
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

I'd love to seen a Sprint Run of the full size Schempp Persian, but my desired specs are probably 180º off from yours. For me, it would have to be the bolstered version in a decently stainless blade steel like VG-10, ATS-34, or even good old GIN-1, preferably FFG , and no Boye dent. I'd be open to just about any color of polished G-10, except that vile looking semi transparent stuff Spyderco used on the Leafstorm. Better yet, some Raffir Poplar Burl.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Ti bolsters, polished micarta, contoured handle of course, FFG and any interesting steel.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
jdw

Post by jdw »

I think that the red micarta version is one of the most attractive and stylish knives that I own. I would love any sprint to be bolstered and with maybe blue or white micarta. I know a lot of folks don't like the Damascus cladding but I think that VG10 cladded with Damasteel would be just about perfect.
Do right always. It will give you satisfaction in life.
--Wovoka
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

jdw wrote:I think that the red micarta version is one of the most attractive and stylish knives that I own. I would love any sprint to be bolstered and with maybe blue or white micarta. I know a lot of folks don't like the Damascus cladding but I think that VG10 cladded with Damasteel would be just about perfect.
I'd buy one of these ^^^. White micarta or denim.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

A sprint run of the BOLSTERED Persian would be amazing! It would be great to see very tastefully chosen bolster materials (the SS is great too!) and if this one could be contoured a bit, I’d be in heaven! The red sprint run was G10, not Micarta like the originals BTW ;). I’d love to see white or dark blue polished G10 (not indigo! See I didn’t say blurple :D), not sure I’d want to see any composite materials (Raffir, etc).
Last edited by RadioactiveSpyder on Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

I'm liking all these ideas. Keep em coming! I am honestly open to whatever materials Sal wants to use, I just want a nice Persian! :D :p
Josh
SF Native

Post by SF Native »

I have the red Persian and it really is nice. White g10 with bolsters would be great. Or maybe carbon like that sprint caly a few years ago.
What I really like about those bolsters is there are no screw holes for changing the clip placement. Kinda hate that about some recent offering like the sub hilt.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

jdw wrote:I think that the red micarta version is one of the most attractive and stylish knives that I own. I would love any sprint to be bolstered and with maybe blue or white micarta. I know a lot of folks don't like the Damascus cladding but I think that VG10 cladded with Damasteel would be just about perfect.
I agree 100% that it's very attractive but, for the sake of clarity, the scales on the red Persian Sprint are polished G-10, not Micarta.
Paul
bh49

Post by bh49 »

The Deacon wrote:I'd love to seen a Sprint Run of the full size Schempp Persian, but my desired specs are probably 180º off from yours. For me, it would have to be the bolstered version in a decently stainless blade steel like VG-10, ATS-34, or even good old GIN-1, preferably FFG , and no Boye dent. I'd be open to just about any color of polished G-10, except that vile looking semi transparent stuff Spyderco used on the Leafstorm. Better yet, some Raffir Poplar Burl.
Agree with everything except FFG. IMHO the beauty of the blade in both shape and grind. I carried and used my C83 for ten years and always was satisfied with cutting abilities.
Some countering will be great, but not necessary, if scales will have large corner radius like original.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
thewoodpecker

Post by thewoodpecker »

murphjd25 wrote:Since we’re all on the kick of asking for knives, I’d really like to ask for a new Sprint Run of Ed Schemps Persian, specifically the large 2. Carbon fiber or maybe green g10, and either HAP40 or Superblue. Maybe even the new steel that’s coming out next year from Japan? I wish I was around or even knew about Spyderco at the time these were out. IMO the Persian is one of the most beautiful Blade shapes out their.
Green G10 HAP40 with Black G10 bolsters! What new Japanese Steel?
Spyderco Caly 3.5 Super Blue user, Astute enthusiast, and geometry advocate.
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

thewoodpecker wrote:
murphjd25 wrote:Since we’re all on the kick of asking for knives, I’d really like to ask for a new Sprint Run of Ed Schemps Persian, specifically the large 2. Carbon fiber or maybe green g10, and either HAP40 or Superblue. Maybe even the new steel that’s coming out next year from Japan? I wish I was around or even knew about Spyderco at the time these were out. IMO the Persian is one of the most beautiful Blade shapes out their.
Green G10 HAP40 with Black G10 bolsters! What new Japanese Steel?
The new steel Sal mentioned in upcoming sprints in the Manbug, Ladybug, DF, Delica, Endura, and Stretch. I’m not sure if it’s been confirmed what steel it is?
Josh
bh49

Post by bh49 »

The Deacon wrote:
Beautiful picture Paul. Thank you for sharing. Did Bear took it? BTW, how is he doing?
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

bh49 wrote:Agree with everything except FFG. IMHO the beauty of the blade in both shape and grind. I carried and used my C83 for ten years and always was satisfied with cutting abilities.
Some countering will be great, but not necessary, if scales will have large corner radius like original.
You may be right, Roman, the orginal's grind may add to the Persian's esthetic. I certainly wouldn't pass on a bolstered one with it. Bolsters, and the removal of the Boye dent, and a decently stainless steel are far more important to me than grind.
bh49 wrote:Beautiful picture Paul. Thank you for sharing. Did Bear took it? BTW, how is he doing?

Thanks Roman. That picture was taken a year or so before he came into my life, but Bear's fine. I can hear him snoring like a chain saw a the moment.
Paul
bh49

Post by bh49 »

The Deacon wrote: Bear's fine. I can hear him snoring like a chain saw a the moment.
he still protecting you :)

DutchBlades

Post by DutchBlades »

If it has bolsters, count me in! My ever expanding collection of the Persian and Kris could always use companionship :D
A tiger has claws.
A wolf has teeth.
An eagle has talons.
We, have Spyderco.

Grails: Abalone Mini Mariner, Ti ATR, WTC, Ti Lum Tanto
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

The Deacon wrote:I'd love to seen a Sprint Run of the full size Schempp Persian, but my desired specs are probably 180º off from yours. For me, it would have to be the bolstered version in a decently stainless blade steel like VG-10, ATS-34, or even good old GIN-1, preferably FFG , and no Boye dent. I'd be open to just about any color of polished G-10, except that vile looking semi transparent stuff Spyderco used on the Leafstorm. Better yet, some Raffir Poplar Burl.
Get Off My Lawn!

Just kidding Deacon
arty

Post by arty »

I would actually like to see a bolstered smaller version of the Persian. I have the G10 Persian 75, and regret missing the nicer, earlier model.
I also have a preference for a stainless steel, and prefer something on the order of XHP, S30V, or S35V, but I suspect that ZDP would be a draw.
Donut

Post by Donut »

Back in the day when we were talking about large knives, wasn't there a very brief mention of an XL Persian?
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!