New catalog wish list...

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
dplafoll

Re: New catalog wish list...

Post by dplafoll »

sal wrote:Hi Cobra, P_atrick,

One of your wishes in in-the-works, but maybe not in the catalog, but coming.

sal
Since Knifenews quoted Sal as saying that the Nirvana was cancelled in part because they're working on a new Rassenti, I'd bet that this right here means they're working on a new Slysz and that's why the Bowie was cancelled.
Patrick LaFollette
Current: Dragonfly 2 ZDP-189, Chaparral 1, Techno 1, Delica 4 HAP-40, Dragonfly 2 HAP-40, Mantra 1, Ladybug Salt Hawkbill, Nirvana CPM, Endura 4 HAP-40, Sage 4, Para Military 2 CPM Cru-Wear, Sage 5, Caly3 HAP40, Sliverax, Lil' Nilakka, Chaparral Raffir Noble, Zulu, Manbug HAP40, Meerkat HAP40, Sage 1/Sage 2/Sage 3 CF, Introvert, Techno 2
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

dplafoll wrote:
sal wrote:Hi Cobra, P_atrick,

One of your wishes in in-the-works, but maybe not in the catalog, but coming.

sal
Since Knifenews quoted Sal as saying that the Nirvana was cancelled in part because they're working on a new Rassenti, I'd bet that this right here means they're working on a new Slysz and that's why the Bowie was cancelled.
Sal has already confirmed that they are working on a Techno 2 and the Slysz Swayback...
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
napalmfriday

Post by napalmfriday »

Sal has already confirmed that they are working on a Techno 2 and the Slysz Swayback...[/quote]

Well, I'm behind - wasn't aware of this, but that is excellent news!!! :)
Hopweaver

Post by Hopweaver »

Something with Timascus
:bug-red Make time for the important things in life, and learn to enjoy the little things more. :bug-red
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

I was hopeful for the Spydiechef when I discussed it years ago. I am patient and will wait for a Rassenti Druid. The Slysz Swayback is equally as appealing to my tastes, so I will wait, but I want Sal to make that Druid. And I am certain that I am not alone.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

xceptnl wrote:I was hopeful for the Spydiechef when I discussed it years ago. I am patient and will wait for a Rassenti Druid. The Slysz Swayback is equally as appealing to my tastes, so I will wait, but I want Sal to make that Druid. And I am certain that I am not alone.
I dunno about that Druid you posted, I think it’s chances are pretty slim. That is an older version of the Druid that peter doesn’t really make anymore. He’s updated the design, lost the opening hole and added a flipper. You would probably have more luck trying to find one of his customs on the secondary market.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390

@liquid_cobra
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

Liquid Cobra wrote:
xceptnl wrote:I was hopeful for the Spydiechef when I discussed it years ago. I am patient and will wait for a Rassenti Druid. The Slysz Swayback is equally as appealing to my tastes, so I will wait, but I want Sal to make that Druid. And I am certain that I am not alone.
I dunno about that Druid you posted, I think it’s chances are pretty slim. That is an older version of the Druid that peter doesn’t really make anymore. He’s updated the design, lost the opening hole and added a flipper. You would probably have more luck trying to find one of his customs on the secondary market.
I am well aware of the real world possibility of seeing this design in production form. It is likely impossible and I have accepted that as reality since before the Nirvana dropped.

Still I have hopes that this is a custom that will catch Sal's eye for future custom collaborations. I guess I will remain jaded until it sees production or until I find a nestegg that lets me splurge.
*Landon*
toxophilus

Post by toxophilus »

Wish list?!?! Would love to see a K390 Stretch... I can dream :spyder:
StretchIIK390_2.jpg
Last edited by toxophilus on Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
mrtodd777

Post by mrtodd777 »

Tdog wrote:Phil Wilson fillet.

This X 1,000,000! I have been shopping for a good fillet knife for 2 weeks and can't make up my mind.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

so yeah I'm going to need this catalog to drop pretty soon I'm getting twitchy....
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

Spydergirl88 wrote:so yeah I'm going to need this catalog to drop pretty soon I'm getting twitchy....
Easy Spydergirl. Take a breath and fondle a Spydie. The new catalog will be here soon.
*Landon*
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Spydergirl88 wrote:so yeah I'm going to need this catalog to drop pretty soon I'm getting twitchy....
I seriously need Spyderco to help me out and drop this catalog. I’m anxiously waiting for the catalog to drop, 8 more days until Star Wars Ep 8 is released, then Christmas Day...

Too much waiting! Help!

@liquid_cobra
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

xceptnl wrote:The only collaboration I am chomping at the bit to get from Spyderco is a Rassenti Druid.....
I omitted the pic so everyone doesn't have to see it again but, dang!, that Druid looks nice! I don't think I could pass up a Spydie version of that!
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

I'd be just as happy not to see things I want, given what I've spent this year (and there's still the Caribbean to come!), but Glesser goodness is bound to defeat my guarded enthusiasm.
-Marc (pocketing an S110V Native5 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Manix2XL Cruwear

Shelter Cove Elamx

A new sprint run of the FRN Seki series WITH the FRN Police4 included.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
elena86

Post by elena86 »

xceptnl wrote:
Easy Spydergirl. Take a breath and fondle a Spydie. The new catalog will be here soon.
Not soon enough ! I already increased my Xanax dose :eek:
Marius

" A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it "
( Rabindranath Tagore )

Proud member of the old school spyderedge nation :bug-white-red
SF Native

Post by SF Native »

Some real nice suggestions. Like that Druid and the Persian.

Patiently waiting for this catalog. It’s going to be so good. Bring it!
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

I had a scout in my troop recently drooling over the popcorn sales prize catalog. I thought his enthusiasm was precious and realized I am no better when the new Spyderco catalog drops every year. We are all just kids with more expensive toys and tastes.

Drool on my friends!
*Landon*
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

xceptnl wrote:I had a scout in my troop recently drooling over the popcorn sales prize catalog. I thought his enthusiasm was precious and realized I am no better when the new Spyderco catalog drops every year. We are all just kids with more expensive toys and tastes.

Drool on my friends!

Like the old saying goes, "The only difference between men and boys is the cost of their toys".
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
IR192

Post by IR192 »

I would like to see loop-over wire clips on the delica, endura and native. Please and thank you. Also, another SB run, and some LC200N mixed in...
Recently Acquired: Hap40 Endura, Hap40 Stretch, Manix2 LW XHP, PM2 Cruwear, Farid K2, Kiwi4, LC200N Native, Large Lum Folder, Manix2 Cruwear.

In The Works: 204P Military, Nirvana, Slysz Bowie.
-Ed