Your Favorite Examples of Spyderedge, and Why

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
VashHash

Re: Your Favorite Examples of Spyderedge, and Why

Post by VashHash »

Best se knife I've had is the ayoob. I'll tell this story til I die or grow old enough to forget it. I cut a water bottle 3 times without it falling over. After each cut the water poured out and i just swung again. Never had to move the bottle. It stayed in place. It was like a samurai cutting tatami. Each piece fell and the bottle didn't move much. Not sure if it was just luck or a fluke. It was just amazing. I didn't cut it a fourth time because i was using the spoiler of my car as the stand. I don't carry the knife much because i caught it slipping out of pocket a few times while clipped in. The aluminum is just too smooth. Need that g10 sprint in SE.
JD Spydo

Re: Your Favorite Examples of Spyderedge, and Why

Post by JD Spydo »

VashHash wrote:Best se knife I've had is the ayoob. I'll tell this story til I die or grow old enough to forget it. I cut a water bottle 3 times without it falling over. After each cut the water poured out and i just swung again. Never had to move the bottle. It stayed in place. It was like a samurai cutting tatami. Each piece fell and the bottle didn't move much. Not sure if it was just luck or a fluke. It was just amazing. I didn't cut it a fourth time because i was using the spoiler of my car as the stand. I don't carry the knife much because i caught it slipping out of pocket a few times while clipped in. The aluminum is just too smooth. Need that g10 sprint in SE.
You're preaching to a very devout choir concerning the C-60 Ayoob model here VASH. I've been a hard core Ayoob fan since I got my first one at the 2002 Blade Show. It was about a year after that I got my first serrated version and I still own it.

The Ayoob may be the most ergonomic Spyder ever made in PE & SE both. Doc Snubnose did some meat cutting tests with his and I was impressed to hear his results. It's a gem in every sense of the word. We must see another Sprint Run!! PLEASE??!!