Spyderco Chief

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
UK KEN

Spyderco Chief

Post by UK KEN »

As a lover of the Native in all of it's guises I tried to convince Sal to make a larger version for some time years ago. I believe that he made one called the Chief and seem to remember seeing a photo of it amongst some other knives taken at the factory. Can any member here recall that photo and maybe point me in the right direction?

I have been in self enforced hibernation for a long time and now find on my return to the world that it looks like my perfect knife has actually been produced! The Shaman is exactly what I was hoping for and I will be having one for EDC. :D
Last edited by UK KEN on Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JRinFL

Re: Spyderco Chief

Post by JRinFL »

I remember you from way back, though I never posted back then.
Anyway, here is the most recent posts regarding the Chief which still remains a possibility despite the Shaman shipping now.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=74098&start=40&hilit=Chief
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
UK KEN

Post by UK KEN »

JRinFL wrote:I remember you from way back, though I never posted back then.
Anyway, here is the most recent posts regarding the Chief which still remains a possibility despite the Shaman shipping now.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=74098&start=40&hilit=Chief
Thanks for your help. That extra 1/2 inch would make it even better.

Ken
nicked.onaut

Post by nicked.onaut »

UK KEN wrote:As a lover of the Native in all of it's guises I tried to convince Sal to make a larger version for some time years ago. I believe that he made one called the Chief and seem to remember seeing a photo of it amongst some other knives taken at the factory. Can any member here recall that photo and maybe point me in the right direction?
The Native Chief prototype that was owned for many years by the late James Mattis sold on ebay awhile ago. The new owner may wish to remain anonymous; here's a photo:

kind regards,
nicked.onaut
UK KEN

Post by UK KEN »

Beautiful! Thank you!
KingRat

Post by KingRat »

Can't wait to see the Chief. I think the upcoming calendar would be a stretch, but it appears to finally be on the horizon now that the Shaman is here.