Getting Warranty and Repair Work Done from Overseas

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Azad

Getting Warranty and Repair Work Done from Overseas

Post by Azad »

As per the title... I just sent an email to Spyderco W&R, it'll probably be a while before I hear back from them. I'm shipping back 2 knives to them; one needs the tip resharpened, the serrations.

Has anyone sent their knives in from overseas before?
- What's the procedure?
- Do I need to send them in their original boxes?
- Can they buff out scratches on the blade?
- How do I pay for the repair work? Credit Card/ PayPal OK?

I have a well used Wayne Goddard White Micarta. Some scratches, a bit of yellowing on the handle and serrations that needs sharpening. I've been using it as a general outdoor knife (fishing, camping).

Thanks everyone... Azad
Michael Janich

Re: Getting Warranty and Repair Work Done from Overseas

Post by Michael Janich »

Dear Azad:

Thank you for your post.

We receive knives from overseas customers for warranty repair all the time. The process for returning them is described in detail on this page of our web site: https://www.spyderco.com/service-suppor ... ty-repair/. The knives do not need to be in their original boxes. Please make sure to include your contact information, especially an e-mail address, and a description of the services you would like performed on the knives. If any of the services you request require payment, we will contact you with a quote before performing the services. You may pay by credit card at that time.

I hope this helps. Thank you for your trust and confidence.

Stay safe,

Mike
Azad

Re: Getting Warranty and Repair Work Done from Overseas

Post by Azad »

Thanks Mike,

Really appreciate the quick response. I'll go ahead and send them in. I love my Yojimbo.