Must-have Millies?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Midnightrider

Must-have Millies?

Post by Midnightrider »

I have the Military in S110v and cts-204p so far. What are the other must-haves that are currently available?
Millies in S110V, CTS-204p, REX 45, PM2/S110v, Native 5/Maxamet, P4/K390, Pacific Salt SE/H1, UK PK
Wants/Wishes (only NIB and EU): Militarys in 52100, Maxamet, Cru-Wear, Manix 2/Maxamet
Yes, Virginia, that's a Purple Haze in my suit pocket :)
Surfingringo

Re: Must-have Millies?

Post by Surfingringo »

I would put the Cruwear Millie on that list. No longer available at retailers but they can be found on the exchanges without too much effort I believe. I have a feeling though that we will see another Military cruwear sprint or exclusive at some point. I could be wrong but there seem to be enough people always asking for new cruwear that it wouldn't surprise me.
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

I would suggest an SE Millie next. Even in S30V it is a great combination. They can still be found if you hunt for them.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
Brock O Lee

Post by Brock O Lee »

If you are into carbon steels, the 52100 CF Sprint is still available at stores if you search around some.
Hans

Favourite Spydies: Military, PM2, Shaman, UKPK
Others: Victorinox Pioneer, CRK L Sebenza 31, CRK L Inkosi
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

I wish they would release a K390 Millie. Of the ones that are available, I want the KW exclusive 204P.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Cruwear is my favorite model due to loving the steel.
The Fluted Ti is a stunningly beautiful knife and the contouring makes it comfy in hand.
Green is my favorite color so I am quite fond of the 204P and the steel is excellent.

I have an M4 Military on the way and it should be a home run. Can't go wrong with M4.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
shaztec

Post by shaztec »

I spent 2 years trying to get a left handed Millie. If your a lefty reading this get one now.
shaztecs_knives on instagram
Midnightrider

Post by Midnightrider »

xceptnl wrote:I would suggest an SE Millie next. Even in S30V it is a great combination. They can still be found if you hunt for them.
I'm not a fan of SE at all, would not buy an SE Millie. Combo, yes.
Brock O Lee wrote:If you are into carbon steels, the 52100 CF Sprint is still available at stores if you search around some.
It's real hard to get stuff over here. If it's not at a dealer in the EU at 2x the price or not available from a place that knows how to ship overseas it's just awfully difficult and expensive.

I do like carbon steels for their toughness but in a folder I'm not sure if that's such a great idea. That said, of lamnia would list it I would probably buy one.
bearfacedkiller wrote:Cruwear is my favorite model due to loving the steel.... I have an M4 Military on the way and it should be a home run. Can't go wrong with M4.
I'm kinda leaning that way and have sent a couple of emails to bladehq. Waiting to hear back whether they can ship in a regular padded envelope. Got burned very badly on my knifeworks Millie thanks to DHL and the taxman over here and would like not to go through that again. A little concerned about the lack of stainlessity on a folder though.
Millies in S110V, CTS-204p, REX 45, PM2/S110v, Native 5/Maxamet, P4/K390, Pacific Salt SE/H1, UK PK
Wants/Wishes (only NIB and EU): Militarys in 52100, Maxamet, Cru-Wear, Manix 2/Maxamet
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

Midnightrider wrote:
xceptnl wrote:I would suggest an SE Millie next. Even in S30V it is a great combination. They can still be found if you hunt for them.
Well you have a Pac Salt and that is very similar, though in my uses the SE and FFG combo seems to mesh well together
*Landon*
Tdog

Post by Tdog »

bearfacedkiller wrote:Cruwear is my favorite model due to loving the steel.
The Fluted Ti is a stunningly beautiful knife and the contouring makes it comfy in hand.
Green is my favorite color so I am quite fond of the 204P and the steel is excellent.

I have an M4 Military on the way and it should be a home run. Can't go wrong with M4.
You got it right. I was thinking the exact same combination. Can't believe the 204P's haven't sold out. Roger must have ordered a bunch'o these.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

M4 and 52100 are my favorites.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Tdog wrote: Can't believe the 204P's haven't sold out. Roger must have ordered a bunch'o these.

I'm betting people just aren't crazy about that green.
~David
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Statistics show that green is the second most common favorite color. ;) :)

Do you think it is just the shade of green?
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

bearfacedkiller wrote:Statistics show that green is the second most common favorite color. ;) :)

It's the color of money.... who wouldn't like that? :D
*Landon*
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

bearfacedkiller wrote:Statistics show that green is the second most common favorite color. ;) :)

Heck I even painted my car green but this particular color doesn't do anything for me. It's one of my least favorite colors they've used.
~David
jdw

Post by jdw »

Midnightrider wrote:I have the Military in S110v and cts-204p so far. What are the other must-haves that are currently available?
I have really enjoyed my Cruwear version and there seem to be a few floating around the secondary market. It's relatively easy to keep and edge on it and it has great resistance to rust for something "non-stainless".
Do right always. It will give you satisfaction in life.
--Wovoka
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

Grab the M4 while you can! The KW CF/Ti S90v is pretty awesome if you wanna add a frame lock to your list with very little weight penalty.
Midnightrider

Post by Midnightrider »

xceptnl wrote:
Midnightrider wrote:
Well you have a Pac Salt and that is very similar, though in my uses the SE and FFG combo seems to mesh well together
That's been because H1 is supposed to excel in SE and suck in PE and there is no combo edge option for the Pacific Salt. And I bought these as dedicated food prep knives where SE isn't as offensive as it would be for a general purpose knife like the Military.
Last edited by Midnightrider on Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Midnightrider

Post by Midnightrider »

Evil D wrote:M4 and 52100 are my favorites.
I have read a bunch of your posts where you said you loved your 52100 and I get the impression you work outdoors. Is rust an issue on these steels in a folder? I don't live in a humid place but I get the creeps thinking about rust where I can't see it.
Midnightrider

Post by Midnightrider »

Evil D wrote:
Tdog wrote: Can't believe the 204P's haven't sold out. Roger must have ordered a bunch'o these.

I'm betting people just aren't crazy about that green.
It's hard to figure, isn't it? I though it was a great choice. I do feel the eye burning clip really looks out of place. Wish they had built it with green hardware all around or at least black. The shining screws and lanyard hole are really hideous