What is your favorite spyderco?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
mountainguy

What is your favorite spyderco?

Post by mountainguy »

Mine is the delica 4!
Last edited by mountainguy on Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
farnorthdan

Re: What spyderco is in your pocket today?!

Post by farnorthdan »

Military is probably most carried, definately a favorite, ethnics are among my top picks also, especially the Nilakka, Euro Edge and Schempp Bowie.
Last edited by farnorthdan on Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
carrot

Re: What spyderco is in your pocket today?!

Post by carrot »

I decided that I needed to give FFG SE a real college try, so I picked up an SE Tenacious. It's been in my pockets all week.

I wish I had something a little more pocket friendly like an FFG SE Delica, but as I passed over the Tenacious the first time around it's been eye-opening to try it now.
Midnightrider

Re: What is your favorite spyderco?

Post by Midnightrider »

Military. And after that, Military.
Millies in S110V, CTS-204p, REX 45, PM2/S110v, Native 5/Maxamet, P4/K390, Pacific Salt SE/H1, UK PK
Wants/Wishes (only NIB and EU): Militarys in 52100, Maxamet, Cru-Wear, Manix 2/Maxamet
Yes, Virginia, that's a Purple Haze in my suit pocket :)
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

That is a really tough question but I gotta say my Cruwear Military. It has been my favorite for quite a while now.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Hawkbill Dragonfly.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
ZMW

Post by ZMW »

Delica 4

(Pac Salt SE and Mule team are my close seconds)
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

This is kind of like asking which one of your children is your favorite....
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
jdw

Post by jdw »

GB1. My favorite long term run is by far the Military.
Do right always. It will give you satisfaction in life.
--Wovoka
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Oh that’s easy. It’s the Bento Box Shop blue M390 Paramilitary 2. I waited years for them to get them back in stock and when they did I bought two. One of them is still my daily user while the other is resting safety in my closet awaiting its turn at bat hopefully years down the road.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
anycal

Post by anycal »

Paramilitary 2. From day one, nothing has dethroned this one from my all time favorite.

It has been around for a while. And although 'if it ain't broke, why fix it', I can't wait to see if/when some kind of redesign happens... as long as we keep the general shape (blade and handle) and lock.

The 52100 has been dominating my pocket lately, but the M390 is one I don't want to be without.
Peter
gingerninja

Post by gingerninja »

It's not one of my most carried knives bit my 204P millie is probably my favorite
vivi

Post by vivi »

Toss-up between the Pacific Salt, Military and Police.

If I had to pick one for the rest of my life, Pacific Salt for its rust proof construction and light weight.

Military or Police is my favorite overall, if favorite isn't constrained by pure practicality. Asking me to choose a favorite between the two is like asking me to pick a favorite kid. If you held a gun to my head I'd give the nod to the Military for the weight to blade ratio and steel options.

I'd be content carrying either of these knives for the rest of my days.
:unicorn
Canazes9

Post by Canazes9 »

S110V Militery is my favorite, unfortunately I need something a little more discreet for EDC. S110V PM2 is my favorite EDC.

David
dplafoll

Post by dplafoll »

That's a really, really tough question TBH.
Sentimentally, it's my Delica. My wife bought it for me for Xmas '15, and it was a total surprise gift. It wasn't even at the top of my "want" list, so I didn't expect it even if I'd expected to get a knife in general.
Functionally, I would probably have to go with my Para Military 2 Cru-wear. It's a bit tricky on that, though, because the Caly 3 and Sliverax are more recent acquisitions, and they're both very, very good in that sense and could give the PM2 a run for its money. The Chaparral and Dragonfly2 are probably the next tier down for me, and only by a very small margin.
Aesthetically, the Caly3 is probably right up there for "prettiest Spyderco". Others that really impress me aesthetically are the Sages, esp. the Sage 2 (and the Chaparral, since it's just a shrunken version of the same design). I also like several collaboration designs: Techno/Slysz Bowie, Nirvana, and now the Sliverax. I gotta say, the Sliverax is really, really good-looking in-person.
Patrick LaFollette
Current: Dragonfly 2 ZDP-189, Chaparral 1, Techno 1, Delica 4 HAP-40, Dragonfly 2 HAP-40, Mantra 1, Ladybug Salt Hawkbill, Nirvana CPM, Endura 4 HAP-40, Sage 4, Para Military 2 CPM Cru-Wear, Sage 5, Caly3 HAP40, Sliverax, Lil' Nilakka, Chaparral Raffir Noble, Zulu, Manbug HAP40, Meerkat HAP40, Sage 1/Sage 2/Sage 3 CF, Introvert, Techno 2
attila

Post by attila »

I would echo Patrick in that it's a very hard thing to decide on a favorite...

It's between my orange HAP40 Endura (gift from wife) and the recently-dyed deep red Cruwear Para 3. If I had to choose only one, I'd have a very hard time.

Very, very close behind are an S110V Manix LW and the Pakkawood Delica. One is very versatile and durable, and the other is really good looking, smooth, and solid.
Have: old S30V Native, HAP40 Endura, ZDP DF2, S110V Manix LW, Cru-wear Para 3, SE H1 DF2, S90V Native 5, K390 Urban, SE Pac Salt, P.I.T.S., XHP Manix LW, SB Caly 3, B70P, PMA11, K03, Kapara, REX 45 Military, 154CM Manix LW, Swick, AEB-L Urban, KC Cruwear Manix, M390 PM2, Mantra 2, CruCarta Shaman, M390 Manix, K390 Police 4, S90V Manix LW, Rex 45 Manix LW, 20CV Manix, Rex 45 Lil’Native, Shaman, C208GP, Cruwear Manix, Cruwear Manix, M4 Chief, Z-max!!!

Want: SPY27, K490, Swick 5
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

Sharp Guy wrote:This is kind of like asking which one of your children is your favorite....
Ditto
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
SG89

Post by SG89 »

don't have a favorite...digging my zome df2 lately but have a brand new caly 3 hap40 in my pocket right now
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

Fixed blade ... Sprig! :cool:

Folder ... Military! :)
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
Mako109

Post by Mako109 »

Gonna be an oddball and say Caly 3.5 CF ZDP. Then gonna step out on a limb and say it "will be" the yet to be released "redesigned...all new" (paraphrasing Sal) Advocate.