Deep Carry Clips

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
mountainguy

Deep Carry Clips

Post by mountainguy »

Hi!
I own a delica 4 and might own a paramilitary 2 soon. I love both of these knives, but they are pretty shallow carry. What deep carry clips do you recommend for these two knives? I have heard of both mxg gear clips and casey lynch clips, but I'm not sure which one is better. What do you guys think? :spyder:
Sharp Guy

Re: Deep Carry Clips

Post by Sharp Guy »

For the short clips I think the Lynch NW clip looks better than the short MX Gear clip. The problem with the Lynch clip is that they're not readily available. You have to watch for them to come up on BHQ and buy them when you can.

The long MX Gear clip looks like a copy of the long Lynch clip so it's probably a toss up there.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
holeshot

Post by holeshot »

First, welcome to the fourm! You might want to check out popscustomclips. He makes a variety of styles and does good work. I'll try to attach a couple of pics. :)
Stealth clip
Stealth clip
t[attachment=1]image.jpeg[/attachment
Attachments
Chevron clip
Chevron clip
"No matter where you go, there you are"
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

The pops clips are pretty weak as far as retention strength.

Also something to keep in mind; if your Delica is FRN, you want a long clip so the pressure point falls on the center spyder pad, otherwise it creates excessive friction on the FRN Bi-directional pattern and can wear out pockets a bit quicker...
Going back to Caly.