Spyderco Catcherman?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
outdoorman vojto

Re: Spyderco Catcherman?

Post by outdoorman vojto »

Total number.
Attachments
P1030281.JPG.jpg
outdoorman vojto

Total number 2 foto.
Attachments
P1030284.JPG.jpg
500Nitro

Post by 500Nitro »

Awesome photos. Nice to see them lined up together, a good reference.

Well done for getting them all. I've just started and got 2, soon to be 3 lol
3 x Endura 1 SE, 1 x Endura ? CE and a Black Pacific Salt. Want Aqua Salt, Fish Hunter and a Pacific Salt Yellow.
vivi

Post by vivi »

I'm probably going to sign up to ebay just to hunt one of these down. No luck on the forums.
:unicorn
outdoorman vojto

11 Catchermans / 1 CatcherMAT (from Czech republic - Europe).
Attachments
11.jpg
Tdog

Post by Tdog »

I would buy PE or combo edge...or both. LC please.
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Tdog wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 5:56 pm
I would buy PE or combo edge...or both. LC please.

Ill buy LC200N PE and H1 PE and SE. DLC blades and hardware with neon glow in the dark FRN. I'll take one of each.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
vivi

Post by vivi »

Still haven't had any luck finding one...
:unicorn
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

With all the current fanfare and hoopla about blade steel LC200N I truly believe it's high time for another CATCHERMAN in that blade steel>> But!!!?? But!!!???? it has to be available in PE, CE & SE all three because there are a lot of us who like all three variations of the CATCHERMAN.
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

JD Spydo wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 11:03 am
With all the current fanfare and hoopla about blade steel LC200N I truly believe it's high time for another CATCHERMAN in that blade steel>> But!!!?? But!!!???? it has to be available in PE, CE & SE all three because there are a lot of us who like all three variations of the CATCHERMAN.

I agree on all points JD!! I would buy one of each edge type. Another model that while maybe a slower seller, should be a fixture in Spydercos lineup alongside SE and PE LC200N Spyderhawks. The unique, specialized, and useful models like these are what sets Spyderco apart from other companies.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

outdoorman vojto wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:27 am
All 6 versions.
Only one was FFG correct?
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
Enactive

Post by Enactive »

Would be very hard to pass on an LC200N Salt variant if it were FFG and green/ satin or stonewashed finish.
NoFair

Post by NoFair »

xceptnl wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:26 pm
outdoorman vojto wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:27 am
All 6 versions.
Only one was FFG correct?
MBS-26 and CE afaik. Wish they had done full PE too, but happy with my CE one.
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Vivi wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 7:26 pm

Still haven't had any luck finding one...

There was an H1 USN Sprint that went for $375 a few weeks ago! :eek:

We really need this one back. LC200N is just the ticket for renewing interest in Catcherman and the Spyderhawk!
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

xceptnl wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:43 am
JD Spydo wrote:
NoFair wrote:
JD Spydo wrote:
Even the older AUS-8, full Spyderedged Catcherman that I've had for years is a super great food prep knife and for the life of me I can't figure why they didn't offer the Catcherman in full SE in those other blade steels is just beyond my thinking :confused: :confused:

I can't tell you how many non-knife people I've worked with that have tried to buy my AUS-8, full SE CATCHERMAN. It's just a great, functional, multi-purpose knife.
Imho the CE is much better for fish and meat.
OH I know what you're saying "No Fair" but have you ever tried one of the older AUS-8, full Spyderedged units before? Because there is just something really special about that model in SE I can assure you that you would love it.

Oh I like my two MBS-26 and two H-1 CE Catcherman models but there is something very special about that old AUS-8 SE CAtcherman.

This is a truth if I have ever read one. I let the USN version go, but once I used the SE version once, I knew it was a model I couldn't let go of.
Another thing we need to make these guys aware of Landon is that the serration pattern on the older AUS-8 full Spyderedged unit is a lower profile and somewhat more rounded pattern and it is truly the best serration pattern I've seen Spyderco ever come up with. If they do cave in a give us an LC200N in full SE then I do hope they copy the original SE pattern from the older AUS-8 model.

The concept of a folding fillet knife was a winner from the get-go. So please Spyderco don't let this great old model go by the way of the dinosaur.
cyberfish2

Post by cyberfish2 »

How much might I get for my 30+ year old Spyderco Catcherman? It was expensive when I bought it - about $95.00. I'm 80 now, so I don't use it much anymore. It is still razor sharp. It was my backpack knife for many years, so it has a black "3 oz" mark which I put on the back edge, which may be permanent. It has a yellow handle, an AUS-8A marked blade, and Siki-City, Japan on the backside. No box, or paperwork. I don't see an easy way to post a picture.
Every day is a gift.