Spyderco Catcherman?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
PolarisDesu

Spyderco Catcherman?

Post by PolarisDesu »

Hello guys,

Do you have any information if the Spyderco Catcherman may or may not come back in the future?

Regards,

Eduardo.
sal

Re: Spyderco Catcherman?

Post by sal »

Hi Eduardo,

There are no plans, at this time, to make any "sprints" of the Catcherman.

sal
PolarisDesu

Post by PolarisDesu »

Wow, that was fast...

Thanks for the answer though! Well, I will be looking forward for one when/if the time comes =)

Regards.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

sal wrote:Hi Eduardo,

There are no plans, at this time, to make any "sprints" of the Catcherman.

sal
Not even to try one out in LC200N :D ??? and a full Spyderedged version at that ;) Because it's been a long, long time since you all made one in full Spyderedge. And my Spyderedged AUS-8 model is one of my all time favorites for kitchen, fishing, outdoor and hunting and everything else. That hurts because I was sure with the good results that have been had with LC200N blade steel>> that would end up making an excellent Sprint Run with a newer/better blade steel.

I know that nuclear green, H-1 USN Sprint didn't sell all that fast but that was at least 5 years ago plus. I really hate to hear that but I do hope you all will consider it at some point :)
outdoorman vojto

Post by outdoorman vojto »

5 Spyderco Catcherman in Handlova, Slovakia, Europe.
Attachments
P1020737.JPG.jpg
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

outdoorman vojto wrote:5 Spyderco Catcherman in Handlova, Slovakia, Europe.
I had one of those Yellow, AUS-8 full Spyderedged models which is another one I wish I would have never traded :( I so much wish that Spyderco would do a Sprint Run of the Catcherman in full Spyderedge with LC200N or even MBS-26 in full SE if they have a lot of bar stock on hand.

I know the FishHunter is getting popular and rightfully so but the concept of a folding fillet knife is one thing that has helped set Spyderco apart from your average knife company. That is a very handsome set of Catcherman models>> I have 6 of them myself and I'll never let go of one of them.

We've just got to have a new Sprint Run Catcherman in full Spyderedge>> even if it's a few months away ;) :spyder:
vivi

Post by vivi »

Every time I see one of these I think it would be an awesome EDC. Longer blade than my Pacific Salts, but lighter? And a thinner tip? Sign me up for any sprints.
:unicorn
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Vivi wrote:Every time I see one of these I think it would be an awesome EDC. Longer blade than my Pacific Salts, but lighter? And a thinner tip? Sign me up for any sprints.
Vivi I've actually used a couple of mine for EDC uses at hunting/fishing camps before and they aren't bad for that kind of work. As rigid as my M-36 Military models are I do think they can handle rougher cutting jobs a bit better.

Also I've found the Catcherman over the years to be a superb culinary/food knife with meats, fish, poultry, veggies, fruits ect. Not to mention the Catcherman is great for processing wild game and a fresh fish. It's a Spyderco HALL OF FAME model to be sure :cool:
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

I saw 3 sell on eBay this week. Bid on 2 of them, both went higher than i was willing to pay
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Vivi wrote:Every time I see one of these I think it would be an awesome EDC. Longer blade than my Pacific Salts, but lighter? And a thinner tip? Sign me up for any sprints.
That's a great point you make there VIVI because on many occasions I've had the opportunity to use a Catcherman as an EDC folder>> and I did well with both of them. I've wondered for years what a Catcherman would be like with a Titanium handle??
Mr.B.

Post by Mr.B. »

Cold!
Tdog

Post by Tdog »

JD Spydo wrote:
That's a great point you make there VIVI because on many occasions I've had the opportunity to use a Catcherman as an EDC folder>> and I did well with both of them. I've wondered for years what a Catcherman would be like with a Titanium handle??
Ti with LC....that's what I'm talkin bout. Bring it on :D I'm not holding my breath on this one :rolleyes:
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

An LC200N PE Sprint in narrow blade stock would be fantastic. Keep the FRN, even the integral clip if it makes the likelihood greater to get this in our hands.
*Landon*
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Tdog wrote:
JD Spydo wrote:
Ti with LC....that's what I'm talkin bout. Bring it on :D I'm not holding my breath on this one :rolleyes:
Sorry "Xcepnl" my old pal :D I'm going with what "Tdog" has suggested and not only the Titanium handle with LC200N blade steel but I most definitely want another Catcherman in full Spyderedge. Now I could also do with a combo edged version as well but as good of results that I've had with my older AUS-8 full Spyderedged unit I won't rest until I get another full Spyderedged Catcherman.
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Would be all over a Catcherman in full serrated H1 with yellow, green, or orange FRN handle. Would also love to see a partially serrated LC200N in eith er of the same colors.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

steelcity16 wrote:Would be all over a Catcherman in full serrated H1 with yellow, green, or orange FRN handle. Would also love to see a partially serrated LC200N in eith er of the same colors.
Even the older AUS-8, full Spyderedged Catcherman that I've had for years is a super great food prep knife and for the life of me I can't figure why they didn't offer the Catcherman in full SE in those other blade steels is just beyond my thinking :confused: :confused:

I can't tell you how many non-knife people I've worked with that have tried to buy my AUS-8, full SE CATCHERMAN. It's just a great, functional, multi-purpose knife.
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

JD Spydo wrote:
steelcity16 wrote:Would be all over a Catcherman in full serrated H1 with yellow, green, or orange FRN handle. Would also love to see a partially serrated LC200N in eith er of the same colors.
Even the older AUS-8, full Spyderedged Catcherman that I've had for years is a super great food prep knife and for the life of me I can't figure why they didn't offer the Catcherman in full SE in those other blade steels is just beyond my thinking :confused: :confused:

I can't tell you how many non-knife people I've worked with that have tried to buy my AUS-8, full SE CATCHERMAN. It's just a great, functional, multi-purpose knife.
Used mine for dinner prep tonight. Such a joy to use. I can't wait for next year's fishing trip.
*Landon*
NoFair

Post by NoFair »

JD Spydo wrote:

Imho the CE is much better for fish and meat.
JDennis

Post by JDennis »

Lc200n Catcherman.... TAKE MY MONEY!!!!

That is a sprint that would sell out in a record I would think. I would buy 4. One to keep in a box, one for my dad to use on the bay, one for my brother to use out deep sea, and one for me to abuse on the muddy ponds :D
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

NoFair wrote:
JD Spydo wrote:

Imho the CE is much better for fish and meat.
OH I know what you're saying "No Fair" but have you ever tried one of the older AUS-8, full Spyderedged units before? Because there is just something really special about that model in SE I can assure you that you would love it.

Oh I like my two MBS-26 and two H-1 CE Catcherman models but there is something very special about that old AUS-8 SE CAtcherman.