Name a Spyderco knife you thought you would like but REALLY LOVED once you bought it.

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Jazz

Re: Name a Spyderco knife you thought you would like but REALLY LOVED once you bought it.

Post by Jazz »

Every time I use my Delica wharnie at work, I enjoy it. Pure cutting pleasure.
- best wishes, Jazz.
yowzer

Re: Name a Spyderco knife you thought you would like but REALLY LOVED once you bought it.

Post by yowzer »

The Serrata. Bought it thinking it looked nice, quickly became my favorite fixed blade knife. I'd sell a kidney for one in 3V or another fancy tool steel, but the 440C performs a lot better than I was expecting, and the knife itself feels like it was customized for my hand, it's my favorite length for an outdoors blade, and the blade shape works well for me.
wirelessjunkie

Post by wirelessjunkie »

Cruwear Para 3. From the looks alone I knew I'd like it, but after putting it to use I can't explain how happy this little knife makes me. It's more comfortable to make hard cuts with it than my PM2 due to the rounder handles, and the fact that it's in my favorite user steel makes it hard not to smile while working with it. It really makes cutting tasks enjoyable.
shaztec

Post by shaztec »

Got to be the gb1. My favourite spyderco ever
shaztecs_knives on instagram
spambait11

Post by spambait11 »

Dragonfly 2. Wanted something bigger than a Ladybug that would fill the hand, and this is it!
awa54

Post by awa54 »

The Ti Squeak.... actually I wasn't sure I *would* like it, but the Ti handles and Elmax blade were irresistible at the closeout price, so I tried it. I continue to be amazed at how useful that little knife is! and it doesn't look anywhere near as odd in-hand as it does in product shots.
-David

still more knives than sharpening stones...
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

Native5 Fluted Ti - Had no idea how awesome it was until I had it in hand.

Police4 - Thought it would be cool to try, never thought it would totally dominate my rotation.

Slysz Bowie - Total opposite experience of opening my first Sebenza and saying "meh".
Eli Chaps

Post by Eli Chaps »

Manix 2 Lightweight.

I knew I'd like it but I didn't realize I would come to appreciate it so completely. I think it could easily be a "one-knife" contender. It is brilliant in it's ergonomics, blade shape and design, weight, and lock. I will admit that I sand off the "jimping" on the handle.

I carried my BD1 version for several months but went back to my Delica and the Dragonfly 2 (another contender for this list) and then I got the Cutlery Shoppe S90V version and it hasn't left my pocket since.
FK

Post by FK »

Para 3 Cruwear,,, was not completely into the smaller PM2 design,,, decided to try one and it has not left my pocket since it arrived.

Immediately removed the clip and have a Victorinox nylon pouch for carry,,,, one of the most comfortable Spyderco knives made for clip less usage.

Regards,
FK
Member since Feb 17, 2001
linuxology

Post by linuxology »

1. Caly 3.5
2. GB1
3. Southfork
DutchBlades

Post by DutchBlades »

The Yojimbo 2, Chaparral 3 and GB1 were definitely pleasant surprises above the already high expectations :)
A tiger has claws.
A wolf has teeth.
An eagle has talons.
We, have Spyderco.

Grails: Abalone Mini Mariner, Ti ATR, WTC, Ti Lum Tanto
Hopweaver

Post by Hopweaver »

I was excited for the new A.T.R. 2 when it was announced. Who knows, maybe I will love it. That will be my next Spyderco purchase. I hope it still comes out this year. I have never handled a knife with a Cobra Hood. It intrigues me.
:bug-red Make time for the important things in life, and learn to enjoy the little things more. :bug-red
Bill1170

Post by Bill1170 »

My first FFG Delica. It was the knife that really impressed upon me that thin wins.
bh49

Post by bh49 »

1. I thought that I will like CF Fluted N5, but I am in love with it. It even kicked out Ti Fluted form my pocket.
2. g10 Native5. I liked Native4 abd carried for about six month. But than I decided that caly3 still better. I bought N5 just because it is US made. But ergos stunned me. The knife is amazing. Since than Spyderco made even better knives like 2013 forum native, Ti Fluted and CF Fluted N5. I didn't get KC N5 yet, but planning to do this soon.
3. C83 Persian. I bought it due to peer pressure. The knife is amazing. I EDCed it for ten years. I retired it just last year. Plenty of wear, still in a great shape.
4. Hungarian. Reading our forum I didn't have great expectations. I love it.
5. Volpe. Pictures do not do justice to this knife. you need to hold it in your hand.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian