PM2 Red G-10 M390 at DLT Trading?!?!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
rivy

Re: PM2 Red G-10 M390 at DLT Trading?!?!

Post by rivy »

Got my shipping notice this morning. Nice!
restless ghost

Post by restless ghost »

Just received mine in the mail today! Absolutely perfect. Blade perfectly centered, drops when the lock is pressed, has zero play, and is crazy sharp. The color is a sort of brick red, and the pictures posted are pretty accurate. Really happy I grabbed this one!
Dreaded

Post by Dreaded »

Man I totally missed out on this one :( and my blue handled M390 needs a red handled step sister for sure!

I'm sure there will be lots on the 2nd handed market due to the discounted price point for a pair. Bummer.
restless ghost

Post by restless ghost »

I'll try and get some pics up tonight
Carbon85

Post by Carbon85 »

got mine this afternoon

probably the best finished para2 i have owned and i have had literally all of them.

very very well done.
krikun98

Post by krikun98 »

Holy ****, how fast did these go? Weren't they supposed to start at November 20th? And, more importantly, is there a Military coming?
ero2

Post by ero2 »

Think they are going to get another batch? Or is that it?
Bile Bob

Post by Bile Bob »

ero2 wrote:Think they are going to get another batch? Or is that it?
This is copied directly from the description on the DLT website: "Since this is a one-shot deal, don’t delay and buy one while they are available."

They did say they might get 50 more in but that's not confirmed yet.
Spyder-fan

Post by Spyder-fan »

DLT might not be getting more, but the release was a distributor exclusive. The distributor has the option to order more if they choose to do so.

Just look at the Brown/S35v distributor exclusive, it's on run 3 or 4 now.
ABX2011

Post by ABX2011 »

There will almost certainly be future runs considering how well this sold.
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

Just to clarify things, per the Edge-u-cation sheet on this one, it’s a JB Outman Distributing-commissioned exclusive. In this case, it was sold exclusively through DLT Trading but their previous exclusives (they’ve had a few now) have been sold through other/multiple vendors. Given how this flew off the shelves, I bet they’re considering either another run of these PM2s at some point or another model (though it most likely will not sell out as fast given the history of these things).

That said, there are still probably a good number of CC versions out there to be hunted down. There are a few vendors that get multiple CC ones both on the web and eBay (heck, that Belote seller should have 10+ or so!), plus individual CC members that may resell theirs. It’s always good to check around, and even call and ask directly, you might be surprised what you find. Cheers, Radioactive :)
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
elena86

Post by elena86 »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:Just to clarify things, per the Edge-u-cation sheet on this one, it’s a JB Outman Distributing-commissioned exclusive. In this case, it was sold exclusively through DLT Trading but their previous exclusives (they’ve had a few now) have been sold through other/multiple vendors. Given how this flew off the shelves, I bet they’re considering either another run of these PM2s at some point or another model (though it most likely will not sell out as fast given the history of these things).

That said, there are still probably a good number of CC versions out there to be hunted down. There are a few vendors that get multiple CC ones both on the web and eBay (heck, that Belote seller should have 10+ or so!), plus individual CC members that may resell theirs. It’s always good to check around, and even call and ask directly, you might be surprised what you find. Cheers, Radioactive :)
Thanx for feeding my hope RAS.If you spot one anywhere, you may PM me at anytime
Marius

" A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it "
( Rabindranath Tagore )

Proud member of the old school spyderedge nation :bug-white-red
holeshot

Post by holeshot »

Mine came today and it's perfect! Love the red scales. :)
image.jpeg
Don't know why my pic is upside down but if you tap the pic it flips. :confused:
"No matter where you go, there you are"
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Mine arrived today too! Nothing to complain about here! Love the red and I finally get to try M390.

Is it me or does the G10 feel extra grippy on this one?
holeshot wrote:Don't know why my pic is upside down but if you tap the pic it flips. :confused:
No flippy for me! No worries! Looks good!

Edit: If I open it in a new tab it flips
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
vgex

Post by vgex »

Sharp Guy wrote: Is it me or does the G10 feel extra grippy on this one?
You're not going crazy. Super grippy on mine.
holeshot

Post by holeshot »

vgex wrote:
Sharp Guy wrote: Is it me or does the G10 feel extra grippy on this one?
You're not going crazy. Super grippy on mine.
I noticed it as well. Thought maybe I was just over thinking it. :)
"No matter where you go, there you are"
cheeseheaded

Post by cheeseheaded »

My first PM2 and first M390...it seemed like as good a time as any to kill two birds. How I like the steel will take some use time, but the knife feel...well this thing is grand. If I had to use a single word it woud be "crisp". Blade deployment and lockup is just excellent. Compared to my Sliverax, this PM2 feels like a way more solid knife. Specifically, the compression lock feels like it engages more solidly on this knife than my Sliverax. Deployment is also smoother...even with no flipper. I tend not to carry knives with blades longer than 3 inches all that much, but I expect that I will be making a point to carry this one.

Over the last couple of months I have purchased this Red M390 PM2, the Para3 Cru and Caly 3 Hap Sprints, a Native Fluted Titanium on disco, and a Silverax. My best out the box "like" level is reflected in the list order. This Red PM2 just jumped out of the box and said "let's go deconstuct something!" :D
Rhix

Post by Rhix »

I had one in the mailbox Friday. My first thought when I opened the box was “beautiful, which may be an odd description of a knife, but it is. Perfect in every way and since this is my first M390 blade I can’t wait to put it through its paces. I missed the Cruwear Para 3, so I was determined not to miss this one, and after ordering one I went back and ordered 2 more for Christmas gifts. I just have to figure out which 2 lucky folks on my list get one. :D
:spyder:
Robert
MMGRenovations

Post by MMGRenovations »

I just got mine delivered on a Sunday. Kinda odd but I'm happy I didn't have to wait till tomorrow which is when they were suppose to be here. Image
Molle Ninja

Post by Molle Ninja »

Beautiful knives. Can't wait for mine to arrive.