PM2 Red G-10 M390 at DLT Trading?!?!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
bearfacedkiller

Re: PM2 Red G-10 M390 at DLT Trading?!?!

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I REALLY hope we see a Military in this configuration. :)
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

A Military M390/Red G-10 would be nice. Hopefully, DLT does it and charges $175 for each. At that price (less for 2+ quantities) they’ll sell better and faster than the KnifeWorks CTS-204P/Dark Green G-10 which at $200 still hasn’t sold out since they started shipping in May 2016.

For reference, ParaMilitary2 S110V/Blue G-10 is $153 and the DLT ParaMilitary2 M390/Red G-10 is $150.

If there was to be a Military M390/G-10 I think it should be priced $175 (no more than $180). Military S110V/Blue G-10 is $177. The KnifeWorks Military CTS-204P/Dark Green G-10 really should've been $175-$180 from day one.
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
kvnlau7

Post by kvnlau7 »

Honestly military's in general aren't as popular as the para 3 and the para 2.
Simply because most folks find the military too big and unwieldly for EDC.
And if you just need the military for the occasion you might aswell bring a fixed blade.

Not saying there isn't a market for the military i own the jade M4 myself but hardly carries it simply because i own so many spyderco's that fit the bill better. and when i do need something bigger and hard use I have a spyderco Mule.
Check out my IG: Kvnlau7
Also known as kvnlau7 on bladeforums
rivy

Post by rivy »

kvnlau7 wrote:Honestly military's in general aren't as popular as the para 3 and the para 2.
And if you just need the military for the occasion you might aswell bring a fixed blade.

Not saying there isn't a market for the military i own the jade M4 myself but hardly carries it simply because i own so many spyderco's that fit the bill better. and when i do need something bigger and hard use I have a spyderco Mule.
Yep, this.
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

Liquid Cobra wrote:Image

I can’t wait to have a companion blade for this knife. I should have ordered two!
Great pic!
restless ghost

Post by restless ghost »

Just snagged one!
holeshot

Post by holeshot »

I can’t wait to have a companion blade for this knife. I should have ordered two!
Just cheyout the web site but where is the knife?
"No matter where you go, there you are"
Bile Bob

Post by Bile Bob »

kvnlau7 wrote:Honestly military's in general aren't as popular as the para 3 and the para 2.

Horses for courses. "Most folks" doesn't include me. The millie is my by far my most carried and used spyderco.

I carry a millie because I haven't found another spyderco that fits the bill better. I don't find it to big or unwieldy and for how much cutting edge it has its very light weight. If I need a fixed blade I go pull out a Esee Junglas. It does everything I will ever need of a fixed blade. Thinking back I have chopped down some good size limbs with a millie.
GH9000

Post by GH9000 »

RamZar wrote:Only 130 left in stock!
These are going quick. Seems like they’ll sell out before the release date.

Just curious to know how you know how many are left?

I already have my order in though. Twice.
restless ghost

Post by restless ghost »

By the max you can add to your cart?
restless ghost

Post by restless ghost »

Looks like around 90 left
sovereign

Post by sovereign »

holeshot wrote:

Just cheyout the web site but where is the knife?

https://www.spyderco.com/catalog/details/C85TR2/1074
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Bile Bob wrote:

Horses for courses. "Most folks" doesn't include me. The millie is my by far my most carried and used spyderco.

I carry a millie because I haven't found another spyderco that fits the bill better. I don't find it to big or unwieldy and for how much cutting edge it has its very light weight. If I need a fixed blade I go pull out a Esee Junglas. It does everything I will ever need of a fixed blade. Thinking back I have chopped down some good size limbs with a millie.
^Yup! I am with Bile.

I was just sharing some enthusiasm for this steel and color combo. No need to come along and pee in my wheaties. ;)

I agree that the Para2 is more popular and I agree that many folks like smaller knives. I don't agree with anything else you said. I carry one all the time and find it functional, lightweight and ergonomically superior. Sorry you don't like my idea. I still want one. :)

Sorry for the tangent everybody. :o Back to red m390!
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
spydieh0le

Post by spydieh0le »

Whats that? A matching Millie?! YES PLEASE!
61 Spydies and Counting.

Official Manix Addict :spyder: :
s110v LW,S110v Franken Manix Green G10 Putnam Scales, DLC HG S30v PE,Cruwear(2x), 80mm Lockback,HG S30v Full SE, Tan M4,Foliage Green CTS-XHP,Burgundy CTS-BD30P Franken Sprint ,Moonglow,XHP LW,Maxamelt LW

Hunting the Elusive s90v CF Manix 2 Sprint Run
Demon85z

Post by Demon85z »

They got me too!! Order is in, says expected the 20th. Now im off to CS to pre order the delica wharncliffe s30v!
:bug-red-white I collect them all, and use them all! I use the excuse, "I'm trying to find the perfect one", but in reality, they are all perfect in their own way!
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

I may regret it lightly, but I've slept on it a few nights, and I think I'll pass on this one...
Going back to Caly.
buccilli15

Post by buccilli15 »

Ordered!
The price and steel got me. I'm not too sure on the red scales, but nonetheless, still pretty excited
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

45 left in stock!
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
MMGRenovations

Post by MMGRenovations »

I originally ordered just one but after thinking a bit I bought 2 more. I'm probably going to give one to my father. His other current best is D2 so m390 will probably blow his mind. I really like m390. I just wish they had a manix 2 the same way.
Demon85z

Post by Demon85z »

RamZar wrote:45 left in stock!
Where do they have the number in stock displayed? Im not seeing it on the mobile site.
:bug-red-white I collect them all, and use them all! I use the excuse, "I'm trying to find the perfect one", but in reality, they are all perfect in their own way!