To Those of You That Just Got a Positron ...

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Sharp Guy

Re: To Those of You That Just Got a Positron ...

Post by Sharp Guy »

wheats wrote:
Sharp Guy wrote:
wheats wrote:Got my Orange an hour ago, sending it back. Flipping action is great, fit and finish are nice, can't get past the point at the bottom digging into my hand. Sucks to lose $10 in shipping but just isn't for me.
Hey wheats, a little sandpaper should take care of that.
Tempting. Any tips on how/what grits to use to not screw it up? Pictures of someone rounding these edges?
I'm certainly no expert on modding scales but I would start with some medium grit sandpaper on a block (or something flat) and remove a little material at a time until it's close to the shape you want. Then I would start using finer grits until the finish matches the original finish.

I've been tempted to modify mine for better access to the lock bar. It's not as much of a problem for me now that I've figured out a couple different ways to close the knife. Closing it is still not ideal for me but I'm no longer sure it's bad enough to justify modifying the knife.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
dreadpirate

Re: To Those of You That Just Got a Positron ...

Post by dreadpirate »

I also noticed the action responds well to some lube. I just used Hoppe's 9. I think graphite would also work really well.