Sal, now that I have a Shaman- I have to ask

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
twinboysdad

Re: Sal, now that I have a Shaman- I have to ask

Post by twinboysdad »

murphjd25 wrote:Please god no more Jade G10.
It is getting overplayed for sure
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Mastermachetier wrote:Or a jade shaman in m4
Sign me up. I'll pay up front.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Canazes9

Post by Canazes9 »

I believe that Blade HQ has decided that Jade is their "Signature G10" for all of their special spyderco runs.

David
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

Uniformity has its place but I rather like unexpected variety. I have BHQ's jade PM2 but don't seek it in other of its M4 exclusives.
-Marc (pocketing an S110V Native5 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

I think the Shaman is reminiscent of the Caly when it comes to seeing how much blade a handle can cover. Proponents of "as much as possible" ought to be happy with it.

As for BHQ's jade G10 & M4, I got the PM2 and Manix 2 mainly for the M4 and wasn't too fond of the jade on the PM2 but really liked the Manix. Don't know how jade will go with the DLC Manix, but I've been wanting a DLC Manix with FFG and a more premium steel for a long time, so it's next on my list. I may dye the scales black.... or maybe Coyote like the Yojimbo, if I could pull it off without messing it up... could always revert to black if I did.
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
hoimin

Post by hoimin »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=re_xo8_3ZeM
Carlito555

Post by Carlito555 »

Knife center, order some pakkawood m390 shamans please...
BrianMcCord

Post by BrianMcCord »

gmhauy wrote:
Bodog wrote:A shaman with polished marble carbon fiber and M4 would be a must have.
+1

Gerard
+2
-Brian

Son's Collection: H1 Rescue Manbug, Tenacious

Rescue 79mm Orange, Cat BD-1, Effecient, Pingo Orange FRN, T-Mag, Urban K390, Lil' Native, Sliverax, Para 3 S110V, Caly 3 HAP 40, R Nishijin, Mantra, Manix 2 LW S110V, Manix 2 Black, Delica 4 Black, PM2 Digi, PM2 Black, Yojimbo 2, Native 5 LW, Dragonfly 2, Military 204P, Wolfspyder, Techno, HAP 40 Ladybug, H1 Hawkbill Ladybug, Blue Persistence, Bradley 2, UKPK SE Gin-1

Looking for an Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation Enduring Freedom Native. :spyder:
BrianMcCord

Post by BrianMcCord »

twinboysdad wrote:
...and what's with all these black handles? Kidding...

In all seriousness, I really like that Spyderco puts out such diverse materials. Some of them may not be my 'jam', but I know there are many other 'not-me' people that do enjoy these scales (jade being one). There is always the after market scale option, or the 'just don't buy it' option.

Not putting down anyone's opinion, hopefully.
-Brian

Son's Collection: H1 Rescue Manbug, Tenacious

Rescue 79mm Orange, Cat BD-1, Effecient, Pingo Orange FRN, T-Mag, Urban K390, Lil' Native, Sliverax, Para 3 S110V, Caly 3 HAP 40, R Nishijin, Mantra, Manix 2 LW S110V, Manix 2 Black, Delica 4 Black, PM2 Digi, PM2 Black, Yojimbo 2, Native 5 LW, Dragonfly 2, Military 204P, Wolfspyder, Techno, HAP 40 Ladybug, H1 Hawkbill Ladybug, Blue Persistence, Bradley 2, UKPK SE Gin-1

Looking for an Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation Enduring Freedom Native. :spyder:
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

BrianMcCord wrote:
twinboysdad wrote:
...and what's with all these black handles? Kidding...

In all seriousness, I really like that Spyderco puts out such diverse materials. Some of them may not be my 'jam', but I know there are many other 'not-me' people that do enjoy these scales (jade being one). There is always the after market scale option, or the 'just don't buy it' option.

Not putting down anyone's opinion, hopefully.
+ 1 :) ... unless maybe you're committed to buying two of every knife being produced or belong to the collector's club, which includes exclusives as well as sprints. Spyderco is being so prolific now, some CC members may be having to mortgage the farm, but I really like having the variety to choose from. And lately I've been surprised to find that once I have the knife in hand, a color I've shunned sometimes turns out to be one of my favorites, like the orange S90V Manix as well as the natural M4, which is currently in my pajama pocket ;)
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Carlito555 wrote:Knife center, order some pakkawood m390 shamans please...
I love your idea. Count me in
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
Carlito555

Post by Carlito555 »

Pakkawood m390 please
Wanimator

Post by Wanimator »

Pakkawood M4, to fit the HAP-40 patina.
Braand

Post by Braand »

Any chance the handles can have the tip down holes removed to cover the washers better? and the choil protrusion into the compression lock shortened?