Most difficult Millie to find??

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
User avatar
Mr Blonde
Member
Posts: 7364
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2004 10:33 am
Location: The Netherlands, Europe, Earth
Contact:

Re: Most difficult Millie to find??

Postby Mr Blonde » Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:56 am

After I posted a picture of my Forum Military on instagram a while back, I noticed I got a -lot- of DMs asking if it was for sale (it's not). Judging from that experience, it seems to be a sought-after variation.
My Spyderco Pics & Reviews: www.spydercollector.com
Last website update: 07-01-2020 - Twitter - Instagram

User avatar
xceptnl
Member
Posts: 8399
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:48 pm
Location: Tobacco Country, Virginia
Contact:

Re: Most difficult Millie to find??

Postby xceptnl » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:08 am

Mr Blonde wrote:After I posted a picture of my Forum Military on instagram a while back, I noticed I got a -lot- of DMs asking if it was for sale (it's not). Judging from that experience, it seems to be a sought-after variation.
I would imagine your feed gets alot of those DMs
Image
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*

User avatar
Mr Blonde
Member
Posts: 7364
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2004 10:33 am
Location: The Netherlands, Europe, Earth
Contact:

Re: Most difficult Millie to find??

Postby Mr Blonde » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:26 am

xceptnl wrote:
Mr Blonde wrote:After I posted a picture of my Forum Military on instagram a while back, I noticed I got a -lot- of DMs asking if it was for sale (it's not). Judging from that experience, it seems to be a sought-after variation.
I would imagine your feed gets alot of those DMs
:D thanks for the chuckle, it doesn't happen that often actually and this Forum Military really stood out in that respect.
My Spyderco Pics & Reviews: www.spydercollector.com
Last website update: 07-01-2020 - Twitter - Instagram

User avatar
dtoad
Member
Posts: 287
Joined: Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:49 pm
Location: Oregon

Re: Most difficult Millie to find??

Postby dtoad » Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:55 pm

I would have to agree, that forum military is hands down the hardest to find due to the low numbers produced. Also the 96 black ats. I cherish my collection and the various steel used. I have one on my possession every day........

User avatar
dtoad
Member
Posts: 287
Joined: Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:49 pm
Location: Oregon

Re: Most difficult Millie to find??

Postby dtoad » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:44 pm

TazKristi wrote:Sal asked me to share this picture with you. It's the "mutha" to grind, CPM S125V Military Model. ;) Enjoy!

C36_CPM_S125V_Rev2.jpg
Kristi, Sal, I'm ready to refinance my house when your ready to send this to me :D

AlexRus
Member
Posts: 403
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:42 am
Location: Russia, Earth

Re: Most difficult Millie to find??

Postby AlexRus » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:40 am

TazKristi wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:59 pm
Sal asked me to share this picture with you. It's the "mutha" to grind, CPM S125V Military Model. ;) Enjoy!

C36_CPM_S125V_Rev2.jpg
Wish we could see a sprintrun Military with CPM S125V)

Sumdumguy
Member
Posts: 2776
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:51 pm

Re: Most difficult Millie to find??

Postby Sumdumguy » Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:18 am

xceptnl wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:19 am
ATR looming
Wuh?!

User avatar
Pelagic
Member
Posts: 2440
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:49 pm
Location: East Coast/Nomadic

Re: Most difficult Millie to find??

Postby Pelagic » Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:16 pm

I thought everyone knew 2 s125v millie's existed.

The hardest one for me to find is a simple CQI titanium model. Every time I buy one it's pre CQI despite being listed otherwise. There are much rarer models but that's my demon.
Pancake wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:20 pm
Are you a magician? :eek:
Nate wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:32 pm
You're the lone wolf of truth howling into the winds of ignorance
Doeswhateveraspidercan wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:17 pm
You are a nobody got it?

prndltech
Member
Posts: 1028
Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:53 am
Location: Austin, Texas

Re: Most difficult Millie to find??

Postby prndltech » Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:22 pm

Pelagic wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:16 pm
I thought everyone knew 2 s125v millie's existed.

The hardest one for me to find is a simple CQI titanium model. Every time I buy one it's pre CQI despite being listed otherwise. There are much rarer models but that's my demon.
Check your DM/PM
- Shannon

User avatar
jdw
Member
Posts: 1141
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:10 pm
Location: Red Dirt

Re: Most difficult Millie to find??

Postby jdw » Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:15 pm

I still don't have a forum Millie nor a D2. I am not sure why D2 is so hard to find but those forum Millies, Man those are beautiful.
Do right always. It will give you satisfaction in life.
--Wovoka

User avatar
JonLeBlanc
Member
Posts: 1266
Joined: Sun May 13, 2018 8:00 am
Location: Louisiana

Re: Most difficult Millie to find??

Postby JonLeBlanc » Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:30 pm

I have on occasion seen D2 Millies on the bay; mind you, not cheap.
My collection so far: 52100 Military (2); 52100 PM2 (2); 52100 Para3; Stretch2 V-Toku; KnifeWorks M4 PM2; BentoBox M390 PM2; BentoBox S90V Military; Police4 K390; S110V PM2; SS Delica AUS-6; Wayne Goddard Sprint VG-10
Wish list: Hundred Pacer; Sliverax; Mantra; 52100 PM2 SE; Kapara

AwayFromMySpydieHole
Member
Posts: 274
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:20 pm

Re: Most difficult Millie to find??

Postby AwayFromMySpydieHole » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:14 am

I have 2 BNIB carbon fiber/m390 millies. I never see those around anymore even on the secondary market. I’ll never sell them though, unless the price goes nutty.

I have 7 of the jade/m4 versions. I love jade, and I love m4. So I got enough to last me a lifetime. Won’t sell any of those either. I think I have a Millie problem.

User avatar
NoFair
Member
Posts: 2039
Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2006 3:23 pm
Location: Norway

Re: Most difficult Millie to find??

Postby NoFair » Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:38 pm

Mr Blonde wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:56 am
After I posted a picture of my Forum Military on instagram a while back, I noticed I got a -lot- of DMs asking if it was for sale (it's not). Judging from that experience, it seems to be a sought-after variation.
It's the one I kick myself for not getting. Got the others I need and all of mine are users so I'm fine :D

User avatar
Larry_Mott
Member
Posts: 2267
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:00 am
Location: Helsingborg, Sweden

Re: Most difficult Millie to find??

Postby Larry_Mott » Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:15 pm

This might not be the rarest Millie on earth but i was delighted to find it, LNIB too!

Image
"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
//Eva Mott R.I.P.

sok
Member
Posts: 336
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:05 pm

Re: Most difficult Millie to find??

Postby sok » Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:29 pm

The most difficult Millie for me to find is a smooth scaled variant that isn’t Ti. Titanium is too heavy. Surely there is something out there that meets this simple descriptor. :cool:

User avatar
JonLeBlanc
Member
Posts: 1266
Joined: Sun May 13, 2018 8:00 am
Location: Louisiana

Re: Most difficult Millie to find??

Postby JonLeBlanc » Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:52 pm

sok wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:29 pm
The most difficult Millie for me to find is a smooth scaled variant that isn’t Ti. Titanium is too heavy. Surely there is something out there that meets this simple descriptor. :cool:
Maybe you could find some smooth G10 (or otherwise) aftermarket scales? I've never really looked at scales for Millies, but I reckon they gotta exist.
My collection so far: 52100 Military (2); 52100 PM2 (2); 52100 Para3; Stretch2 V-Toku; KnifeWorks M4 PM2; BentoBox M390 PM2; BentoBox S90V Military; Police4 K390; S110V PM2; SS Delica AUS-6; Wayne Goddard Sprint VG-10
Wish list: Hundred Pacer; Sliverax; Mantra; 52100 PM2 SE; Kapara

Doeswhateveraspidercan
Member
Posts: 2618
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:31 pm

Re: Most difficult Millie to find??

Postby Doeswhateveraspidercan » Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:10 pm

TazKristi wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:59 pm
Sal asked me to share this picture with you. It's the "mutha" to grind, CPM S125V Military Model. ;) Enjoy!

C36_CPM_S125V_Rev2.jpg
Sighs,,, Ah a thing of Beauty!

Sumdumguy
Member
Posts: 2776
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:51 pm

Re: Most difficult Millie to find??

Postby Sumdumguy » Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:15 pm

Aren't there a few Black Ti Militaries out there?

sok
Member
Posts: 336
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:05 pm

Re: Most difficult Millie to find??

Postby sok » Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:25 pm

JonLeBlanc wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:52 pm
sok wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:29 pm
The most difficult Millie for me to find is a smooth scaled variant that isn’t Ti. Titanium is too heavy. Surely there is something out there that meets this simple descriptor. :cool:
Maybe you could find some smooth G10 (or otherwise) aftermarket scales? I've never really looked at scales for Millies, but I reckon they gotta exist.
I look around from time to time and I have never seen anything. It is one of those knife slots that I have wanted to fill for a while but I haven’t looked super hard beyond a quick google search.

I own four Militarys- Ti/CF/S90V, gray G10/Cruwear, smurf blue G10/S90V, Black G10/serrated S30V. I have thought about sanding one of the G10 handles. CQI complicates things so far as mixing and matching. The Cruwear and serrated knives have virtually no use except handling and maybe cutting paper. I hate thought of experimenting on one of those

It is not something that I have stressed over too much. Threads like this one just bring it back to my attention. So I mention it.

sok
Member
Posts: 336
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:05 pm

Re: Most difficult Millie to find??

Postby sok » Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:27 pm

Double post


Return to “Spyderco General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ankerson, DTPrime, JustinB, kerrcobra, M@rk, mjelson, odomandr, Red, steelcity16, StuntZombie, swarbrickjesse and 36 guests