Discontinued For 2018 - OFFICIAL List

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
bh49

Re: Discontinued For 2018 - OFFICIAL List

Post by bh49 »

Mushroom wrote:My least favorite thread of the year!
+1
I always hated this thread. So many great knives got an ax, since I am here.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
quattro98

Post by quattro98 »

The Lil’ Lionspy is a great knife. It was my first product made by Lionsteel. The fit and finish are great and the intricacy of their CNC machining is amazing. I’ve since bought other products from Lionsteel and am now a fan.

I’ve been thinking about the Ti Pingo for my wife. She likes the anodized logo.
archangel wrote:Maybe there‘s the chance to grab a Lil‘ Lionspy, always thought it‘s one **** of a good looking knife. Was just too expensive for me.

But what will I do with my Pingo Sprint then? :eek:

Maybe I‘ll give it to the wifey... :rolleyes:
ThePeacent

Post by ThePeacent »

bh49 wrote:
TazKristi wrote:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
dplafoll

Post by dplafoll »

twinboysdad wrote:Pingo? That one is a surprise
It first appeared in the 2013 guide, so it's a little on the older side. And it was built to comply with a specific country's laws, laws that are no longer on the books. I'm guessing that the Spy-DK might also be on the way out too, unless it's worth keeping since it's based on the UKPK.
Patrick LaFollette
Current: Dragonfly 2 ZDP-189, Chaparral 1, Techno 1, Delica 4 HAP-40, Dragonfly 2 HAP-40, Mantra 1, Ladybug Salt Hawkbill, Nirvana CPM, Endura 4 HAP-40, Sage 4, Para Military 2 CPM Cru-Wear, Sage 5, Caly3 HAP40, Sliverax, Lil' Nilakka, Chaparral Raffir Noble, Zulu, Manbug HAP40, Meerkat HAP40, Sage 1/Sage 2/Sage 3 CF, Introvert, Techno 2
Flipping Addict

Post by Flipping Addict »

bh49 wrote:
TazKristi wrote:Hi, everyone:
It's that time of year again. Here's a list of everything that will be discontinued for 2018. - Kristi
C41TIFP5 Native 5 Fluted Ti
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
you killing me.

I am very sad to see T2 go, unless Sal will make T3
But Ti Fluted N5 is the huge loss.
I am glad that I bought Ti Fluted Military

Yeah this is sad. I sold my fluted Millie because wanted to save that money for when they came out with one with the upgrades. Ugh, now they won’t. Might buy another now IF someone discounts. Otherwise, se la vie.
Fred Sanford

Post by Fred Sanford »

No surprises here. None of those knives seem like they would be great sellers. (Not speaking of the Salt 1's or Tasmans that now have a version 2)
"I'm calling YOU ugly, I could push your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies." - Fred Sanford
Molle Ninja

Post by Molle Ninja »

quattro98 wrote:The Lil’ Lionspy is a great knife. It was my first product made by Lionsteel. The fit and finish are great and the intricacy of their CNC machining is amazing. I’ve since bought other products from Lionsteel and am now a fan.

I’ve been thinking about the Ti Pingo for my wife. She likes the anodized logo.
archangel wrote:Maybe there‘s the chance to grab a Lil‘ Lionspy, always thought it‘s one **** of a good looking knife. Was just too expensive for me.

But what will I do with my Pingo Sprint then? :eek:

Maybe I‘ll give it to the wifey... :rolleyes:
I bought 3 Ti Pingos from KnifeCenter--all had horribly off center blades. Ultimately found 2 elsewhere that were straight. Just FYI.
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

KC lets me add the Lil Lionspy to my cart but it doesn’t have the “In Stock” sign like all the other knives. Any idea if it’s probably a dud and already sold out at that killer deal of $159? Might have to just order it and find out huh..
Josh
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

https://youtu.be/oIB0A1vw8gM
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
captnvegtble

Post by captnvegtble »

I've been eyeing both the Temp 2 and SouthFork for a while... not sure I have the funds for both... which should I get?!?
Nate

Post by Nate »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote: The PITS is the best non-locking folder Spyderco offers.
The PITS is the one I'm most tempted by on this list (already have a South Fork). I've stayed away because the price is relatively high and I've never been a big fan of metal handles. Wonder if there's any chance it comes back in a g10 version...

I always loved the looks of the Firefly too, but it's too much of a righty knife for me.
:spyder:
mb1

Post by mb1 »

mrtodd777 wrote:This is a sad day for sure, but at the same time, if the Soutfork drops below $200 I consider it bought..

Ding ding. Your number is up! ;). (KC)
- Mark

"Don't believe everything you think." -anonymous wise man
GarageBoy

Post by GarageBoy »

Flipping Addict wrote:A few surprise me, but most do not. The Nirvana’s have been popping up like crazy on the exchange. Folks dumping it all over the place.That one does not surprise at all. So many bad design elements it needed to go.
What did people find off about it?
rivy

Post by rivy »

GarageBoy wrote:
Flipping Addict wrote:A few surprise me, but most do not. The Nirvana’s have been popping up like crazy on the exchange. Folks dumping it all over the place.That one does not surprise at all. So many bad design elements it needed to go.
What did people find off about it?
I know for one it was plagued by some of the worst lock stick ever.

I still really hope the give it the ole CQI and make a Nirvana 2. Knife has SO much potential.
archangel

Post by archangel »

Oh man... this is so very tempting. I know I‘ll hate myself if I miss this opportunity...... :(

Do you guys know if ebay retailers adapt their prices to the reduced levels. Trying to avoid the $16 shipping costs to Germany at KC...
Michael
48 Spydies, 44 different models, 43 different steels
Grail knife, still to be acquired: original Tuff by Ed Schempp Feel free to help me find one at a reasonable price...
SF Native

Post by SF Native »

archangel wrote:Oh man... this is so very tempting. I know I‘ll hate myself if I miss this opportunity...... :(

Do you guys know if ebay retailers adapt their prices to the reduced levels. Trying to avoid the $16 shipping costs to Germany at KC...
I just used a coupon on eBay and it was shipped from national knives. So, some of the usual retailers are on there.
archangel

Post by archangel »

I know they‘re on ebay. But are they reducing the prices, too. To KC level or below?

Edit: National wants almost 35€ for shipping to Germany, that‘s more than twice what KC takes. :mad:
Michael
48 Spydies, 44 different models, 43 different steels
Grail knife, still to be acquired: original Tuff by Ed Schempp Feel free to help me find one at a reasonable price...
SG89

Post by SG89 »

archangel wrote:I know they‘re on ebay. But are they reducing the prices, too. To KC level or below?

Edit: National wants almost 35€ for shipping to Germany, that‘s more than twice what KC takes. :mad:
last year when spyderco discontinued models eBay sellers lowered their prices, especially the sellers that are also web retailers
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
Whitetail addict

Post by Whitetail addict »

Some surprising one for sure, wasnt expecting the nirvana or the southard to go anywhere.
@martial_logan on the instagram.
GarageBoy

Post by GarageBoy »

Lil lionspy at $160 is a steal... Really wish it wasn't so thick and overbuilt