Spyderco Natural G-10 Manix 2 M4 Blade HQ Exclusives

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Wanimator

Re: Spyderco Natural G-10 Manix 2 M4 Blade HQ Exclusives

Post by Wanimator »

This knife would be quite a bit pricier if released by most any of Spyderco's competitiors.
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

Mine was about perfect. The blade was not as sharp as the Manix 2 Cruwear I had but it might be an M4 thing? Fit and finish is perfect and BHQ just rocks. Jumped shipping by one day...or does that mean USPS rocks?
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

I thought mine was a steal at $134.95.

Just in case anybody hasn't noticed, they've got a pic up of the DLC version for only $15 more, $149.95, not taking pre-orders yet but emailing on arrival.

https://www.bladehq.com/item--Spyderco- ... -M4--51547
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
Demon85z

Post by Demon85z »

:bug-red-white I collect them all, and use them all! I use the excuse, "I'm trying to find the perfect one", but in reality, they are all perfect in their own way!
Conan

Post by Conan »

How is the ball bearing lock? Is it stiff or easy to close the knife, preferably with just your thumb?
Demon85z

Post by Demon85z »

Conan wrote:How is the ball bearing lock? Is it stiff or easy to close the knife, preferably with just your thumb?
Mine is super smooth, very easy to engage and disengage. I think they have adjusted the lock. I havent had a stiff one , so i cant really compare them. Using just my thumb, it will work , but it does hurt my thumb trying to get leverage to push it down. I do think it was designed to use finger and the thumb. Super smooth that way. I highly recommend this knife!
:bug-red-white I collect them all, and use them all! I use the excuse, "I'm trying to find the perfect one", but in reality, they are all perfect in their own way!
MMGRenovations

Post by MMGRenovations »

Just noticed the DLC version went up 5 bucks. Anyway still patiently waiting. Maybe we get lucky and get a black blade on Black Friday.
benisben25

Post by benisben25 »

Mines in transit and expected to be here Friday, can’t wait!
mountainguy

Post by mountainguy »

That looks awesome!
crazywednesday

Post by crazywednesday »

MMGRenovations wrote:Just noticed the DLC version went up 5 bucks. Anyway still patiently waiting. Maybe we get lucky and get a black blade on Black Friday.
Bastards! Just like the guberment.
Justin
ero2

Post by ero2 »

Pretty sure when I grab the DLC this will replace every other knife I own lol. Question though, as a legit EDC user (but still babied, lol) would these scales get pretty gnarly dirty, pretty fast? I've heard the cru wear pm3 is bad, but not sure if these scales would be any better?
holeshot

Post by holeshot »

Conan wrote:How is the ball bearing lock? Is it stiff or easy to close the knife, preferably with just your thumb?
Mine is thumb and forefinger, but it is still an great knife! I still wish Sal would consider an Axis Lock on some of their knifes. :)
"No matter where you go, there you are"
vivi

Post by vivi »

All three of my Manix 2 XL's and the two Manix 2's I've owned were easy to unlock with just my thumb.
:unicorn
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

I can release the lock with just my thumb, but if I did it repeatedly, I'd probably get a stone bruise :) I think it's probably intended to release with thumb and finger. I find it very easy to unlock all of mine (ashamed to say how many) with my thumb and forefinger. At first the butt of the knife tended to sometimes scoot out of place on the heel of my palm(<---edit, here, I'm not talking about this exclusive, but about the first Manix 2 or maybe Manix 2 XL I owned), but when you get the hang of it and they loosen up a little, it's the easiest operating knife around, opening and one hand closing.
Last edited by DougC-3 on Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
GH9000

Post by GH9000 »

Really loving this knife. Like it so much wish we had a LW version in the same color too. The jade is an awesome color and this knife wears it well.
Slicey Dicey

Post by Slicey Dicey »

Awesome awesome awesome knife. I've had mine for a week or so and I still carry by cheap BD1 Lightweight more mostly because of the maintenance required to keep M4 from corroding and because well... The lightweight is cheap and readily available and I prefer beating that up if I have to. I did do a little review on YouTube at https://youtu.be/du3t4khfPhM&t=384s Very glad I bought it even though I don't carry it a lot.
goonielife

Post by goonielife »

DLC version has real pics up.
EngDevGr3

Post by EngDevGr3 »

Well, if the time from real pics being posted, to taking orders is the same as the satin, that will be 14 to 15 days. Kinda like a, here are the pics, get your money ready!!
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

Stoked about this one!
pinepig2

Post by pinepig2 »

I've always loved the natural G10, even before the Leaf. For me it would be nice to see it in the same models that Blade HQ has commissioned but in a different steel. Something stainless but NOT S90V or S110V.