Paramilitary 2 with S110V steel

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
evert67

Paramilitary 2 with S110V steel

Post by evert67 »

When I looked yesterday at the sites of a well-known knife shop, I saw two Paramilitary 2's with S110V steel. One had a shiny clip and a compression lock (type number C81GPDBL2) and the other one had a black clip and a liner lock. I was considering to buy the one with the black clip and the liner lock, but it seems it is not in their collection anymore.

Does anyone know why? And do you happen to know the type number of the one with the liner lock? And where it can be obtained for a reasonable price?

Also, the differences I mentioned above are the only ones I noticed. If there are more differences, or if there are disadvantages of the model with the liner lock, it'd also be interested.

Thanks!

P.S. I looked on the Spyderco site today and also couldn't find a Paramilitary 2 with an S110V blade and a liner lock + black clip. (Just the one with S110V and compression lock + shiny clip.)
Bloke

Re: Paramilitary 2 with S110V steel

Post by Bloke »

I think you may be a little confused and I think you'll find the shiny clip compression lock is a Paramilitary and the black clip liner lock is a Military. :)
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

Hey evert, as Bloke said those are two different models. The knife with the linerlock is the Military. It is the original design and larger than the pm2. If you aren't sure which you prefer, there are tons of interesting threads on here comparing the two. They are both great knives but my personal favorite is the Military.
vinnyd34

Post by vinnyd34 »

//forum.spyderco.com/downlo ... w&id=29278

Hi:
I'm new to the forum but it is a wealth of information (good to be here). These are my two "Spydercos." The larger one is the paramilitary 2, with CPM S1110V steel (smaller one is "Delica 4"). The PM2 would be a great choice with steel that holds up well. However, you can't go wrong with any "Spyder" so it's personal preference and how much to spend. What I'm finding out myself is you can't stop with just one "Spyderco." Good luck on your choice.hth
Attachments
IMG_delnpara3.jpg
IMG_delnpara2.jpg
Good luck and stay sharp! :D
Delica G-2 Serrated x2, Delica Serrated AUS-8, Delica 4 ZDP-189, Delica 4 Semi VG-10, Para 2 CPM S110V, Manix 2 Maxamet, Para 2 Cruwear, Byrd Cara Cara 2 G10, Polestar BD-1, Calypso Jr Superblue.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

One has a 4 inch blade and one has a 3.5 inch blade. They are visually somewhat similar but are in fact two different models.

Spyderco has MAP pricing so you should be able to find them at many reputable dealers all for the same price. If you find it for less than MAP then "caveat emptor". The Para2 is one of the most counterfeited knives there is. :)
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
anycal

Post by anycal »

Size comparison for you, Military and Paramilitary 2,

Peter