Corporate shills makes any serious discussion impossible

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
SC_PATRIOT

Re: Corporate shills makes any serious discussion impossible

Post by SC_PATRIOT »

Shill ---urban dictionary translation;
What conspiracy theorists like to call people who don't believe in their wacky conspiracy theories because they're a part of the ignorant masses and who ignore the so called 'evidence' of their theories.

Hmmm my theory is that Spyderco makes knives that I will buy because I want to and more importantly your opinion is that of a loser wanna be. Good riddance, MORE for me and all the shillers!
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

Bloke wrote: P. S. Chuck you look much younger than I imagined. :cool:
I just look young for my age. :D
fanglekai

Post by fanglekai »

I'd like a Gayle Bradley 2 please. ;-)
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

Heard a good joke by Rodney Dangerfield, today. "My date was so fat her bathtub has stretch marks."
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

Doc Dan wrote:"My date was so fat her bathtub has stretch marks."
She sounds alright Doc. The Stretch is one of my favourites! :rolleyes:
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
palonej

Post by palonej »

I am missing him already.........but I have a funny feeling he will be baaack!
:D
Username827

Post by Username827 »

Doc Dan wrote:Heard a good joke by Rodney Dangerfield, today. "My date was so fat her bathtub has stretch marks."
My current favorite joke from Rodney was, my wife and I decided that we would only smoke after sex. I have been on the same pack for years, but my wife is up to 3 packs a day!
Just figured I would share. I would also like to bet 32 days, 5 hours, 42 mins and 69 seconds before someone special returns.
OldHoosier62

Post by OldHoosier62 »

standy99

Post by standy99 »

GoldenSpydie wrote:This Andersson guy is awesome. Very funny actually. We need to all bet on how long (in months, days, hours, minutes, and seconds) until his next post. Maybe Spyderco could sponsor the betting, and reward a knife to the person who bets the closest amount of time? :D

Edited to add: I'm putting my bet a 7 months, 13 days, 5 hours, 2 minutes, and 45 seconds from his last post (start of this thread) until his next post.

We could have a poll

Between 1-7 days
Between 7-56 days
Between 56-112 days
Between 112- 365 days
365 days +

:D :D :D :D
Im a vegetarian as technically cows are made of grass and water.
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

The original post on this thread was blocked on my log-in for some reason .... what's happening?
Spydersense

Post by Spydersense »

He will be back. I'm guessing sooner than later.
mr anderson.jpg
mr anderson.jpg (8.51 KiB) Viewed 4202 times
Time for another :spyder:!

-Matt
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Mikael,

Do you not think that we have serious discussions here? Why do you think that?

sal
NickShabazz

Post by NickShabazz »

sal wrote:Hi Mikael,

Do you not think that we have serious discussions here? Why do you think that?

sal
Be careful guys, speaking of shills, I've heard this 'sal' guy is in *really* deep with Spyderco. He tries to just blend in, but I'll bet he's drawing a salary off Spyderco or something. Unbelievable. ( :D )

More seriously, for what it's worth, even though there are definitely many enthusiastic fans here, and a few with a *very* strong sense of loyalty and low tolerance for criticism, by and large, this feels like a pretty open place. Some makers' 'forums' will just insta-ban anybody asking hard questions or criticizing decisions, or will shout anybody not parroting the party line down, whereas here, there's a good chance that a critical issue meriting response will not only stick around on the board, but get a real response. Look at the Loctite thread, which got a bit ugly from time to time, but had regular responses from Spyderfolks, and those sorts of feedback even eventually ended up changing corporate policy.

There are relatively few other manufacturer-specific forums where that's possible, and where somebody like me (who is sometimes openly critical of policies and decisions based on personal opinions) can comfortably interact. Yeah, you need some thicker skin on occasion, but OP seems way off the mark here.
Mourning the Slysz Bowie and loving the rest of Spyderco's gems. Check out my reviews at https://www.youtube.com/c/nickshabazz!
Anubisman

Post by Anubisman »

Word. I enjoy this forum and have as much respect for Spyderco as a brand as any. Just look what Spyderco does for first responders. Look at the Delica wharncliffe driven to reality by this forum.

Thank you Spyderco and the entertaining people who post to the forum. Glad to be a member.
JimP

Post by JimP »

See ya!

Disclaimer: I have no idea who the op is or what transpired but I have simply waited far too long to be able use this image...
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

Since I joined the forum, I've seen several debates about upcoming knives hashed out on the forum, resulting in the final decisions about the knife production. I think that was serious discussions. Also I've seen scads of no-holds-barred discussions about knife design, steel quality, blade grind quality, scale material quality, fit & finish, unpredictable release dates, repair practices... just about every aspect of the business. I think the argument about the first use of CPM 154 clad S90V must have raged on for a couple of weeks. It's hard to figure out who the shill(s) in that discussion must have been. Maybe it was that Sal fellow. I'll bet they pay him in knives-- he frequently talks about carrying a different one every day ;)
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
Jumpin'Spyder

Post by Jumpin'Spyder »

Hey Sal, I'm currently unemployed, so how many threads and posts I need to be on the payroll? :rolleyes:
:D :D :D :D :D
If needed I could come to Golden too :)
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

NickShabazz wrote:many enthusiastic fans here, and a few with a *very* strong sense of loyalty and low tolerance for criticism...

Nick I'm not even sure it's really about that (and I'm trying really hard to not show too much loyalty and low tolerance here LOL). I think what you're seeing (or at least what I've seen and sort of what I personally feel) is a low tolerance for what could be considered unrealistic expectations, and/or simply just difference in opinion. I think there is just as much of an issue (possibly even more so) with people who instantly start calling everyone a fanboy just because they don't grab their torch and pitchfork and join in on the lynching whenever the slightest issues comes up.

This forum has always had a nice warm and fuzzy kumbaya vibe which makes even the slightest negative topic feel far more harsh and abrasive than it really is. I do believe that as a community we all need to be more receptive of concerns, and stop meeting those kinds of threads with the usual "well I have that knife and mine is perfect" attitude because even though 99 out of 100 may be perfect, it doesn't change the fact that one person has a problem with theirs. I do believe a LOT of those threads could be solved simply by contacting customer service, but it's also helpful to make others aware when problems arise. The challenge is not making mountains out of mole hills.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David